New Kid In Town

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
. Sometimes if you are Lucky a trainer will contact you. Asking about your horses and making deals to show your horse if the potential is there.

Yeah I was lucky everyone wanted to show Roger...I hardly had to pay a catch rider..they would hit me at the show and ask..You have a rider for Roger yet for Jr pleasure..they knew they would win on him..he ALWAYS won the pleasures...

Robin

Yeah I was lucky everyone wanted to show Roger...I hardly had to pay a catch rider..they would hit me at the show and ask..You have a rider for Roger yet for Jr pleasure..they knew they would win on him..he ALWAYS won the pleasures...

That shows absolute quality, when you dont have to drop a dime into the extras, they seem to seek you out when you have that very special horse.
Rodger is the bomb!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I actually read an article once (about cattle genetics) where some guy said the female has a bigger "say" on the outcome because the egg is bigger than the sperm. :roflmao:

HAha, I've heard all kinds of crazy crap regarding breeding and genetics...even second hand info that SUPPOSEDLY originated from a vet. If a vet believed what this person they should have to go back to school. :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Genetics, yes 50/50...and on to the whole nature vs nurture thing...every baby horse I've seen has learned from it's momma where it stands in the herd. Maybe that's why people think the momma has more to do with the outcome? I know that the genetic makeup of the horse is based on it's parents, AND the nurture it receives make a huge difference too regarding the outcome.

Anyways, I've chosen some really nice broodmares too. Most of you have seen me, my kids and even their friends ride many of them. :biggrin:

MorganLover

I think we've agreed on Comanche Wind. Thank you for all the cool suggestions!

Little one wants to call him "Comanche", she likes that name a LOT. Is it too...."common"?

i think it is too common. you need to do what kathleen did and look up names on the internet. google it and do horse names or pet names, that is how i got Adia's name (means gift in african.)

i believe EVERYONE starts some where, i mean we wouldn't have these breeds we do have if someone didn't start they all came from one type of breeding program or another it just makes no sense to me how people can bash anyone we all start somewhere. The knowledge happy (as well as others have,) doesn't even compair to what is typed and read. How can ANYONE bash someone with out even talking to that person face to face and actual one on one conversation is just crazy. talking breedig over a computer is just stupid people don't agree nor do what they really understand/know come across in an email or a typed out conversation allows others to judge someone. these types of conversations allow a person to read into them a tone, a feeling a look what ever THEY want to think is meant by these words. i think anyone that breeds and doesn't just throw a horse in with some other horse just b/c they can and takes the time to do research about those animals and their pedigree or background as well as health issues and stands behind what they breed is a great breeder. there are those that put 100's of 1,000's of bucks into a horse or the breeding and it ends up at a meat auction b/c it stops winning now how is that a good breeding program????? a wonderful family breed horse is much more meaningful then those throw away show/race horses there are out there, most rescues are full of those types of horses. The types of people my mother breeds for are those life long family homes and she is NOT in it to sell what she can and make what she can if she was she wouldn't have these horses and put the time and training into them she does she puts all that time and training into every horse she has or has had as if it will be hers forever and that horse or dog is always welcome back if the owner no longer wants it. anyway that is my 2 cents since i haven't even posted on here in months HAHA.

tallyhoe

People have been breeding some ugly horses with terrible confirmation around this area, and I have been to a lot of places.