New Kitchen new appliances...how much to spend?

Pandora

Sharon said:
I saw one of them in Lowes. The idea seemed very strange since I don't watch a lot of TV. Then I got to thinking...it would be great for a man during his favorite sports season, move his chair into the kitchen so he can't mess up two rooms.

I just glanced over in the kitchen and I was trying to picture my hubby sitting in front of the frig, watching this tiny TV (while his mega 52 inch TV is in the living room) in a kitchen chair (while his recliner is also in the living room) with a trashcan next to him for the empties.

And I have to say, I couldn’t visualize it because THAT will never happen. Plus he would be in my way when I need to get to the laundry room. Hey... he'd be next to the laundry room :tap: well.... maybe :confused: nah, fat chance on thinking he would actually DO laundry. :killingme

Crabby,

I do have a small tv in my kitchen and it is nice sometimes when I am fixing dinner and want to watch the news.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Yo Stud Muffin (PT),
How long do you plan on staying in the house.
5 years from now they will all be outdated, new fashion $HIT.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Pandora said:
Crabby,

I do have a small tv in my kitchen and it is nice sometimes when I am fixing dinner and want to watch the news.

I remember that ... but I recall mostly the kids watching cartoons on it. :lol:

Pandora

09-10-2006 10:32 AM frig? :killingme

:confused: I meant that as slang for refrigerator, not the other, whatever meanings that I didn't even know "frig" is also known as until I just looked it up. :jameo:

But now that I know, maybe you should go frig yourself, maybe that will make you a happier person. :moon:

Ponytail

DoWhat said:
Yo Stud Muffin (PT),
How long do you plan on staying in the house.
5 years from now they will all be outdated, new fashion $HIT.
I wish I knew how long I was going to be here.

I'm anticipating putting it on the market for the holidays though. Figured nice stuff with transferrable warranties will make it stand out a little better. I guess time will tell.

I went and ordered all the appliances yesterday. Lil disappointed with the dishwasher choices. I spent alot more than I wanted to for a dishwasher, but I couldn't see spending $500 for one with a plastic tub. The $500 stainless tub ones were VERY noisy and seemed cheaply made and ill thought out for the rack layout.

Refridgerator, everyone that I picked out at the store, they were out of stock, and had no replacements for. Seems that it's the end of the year for appliances and they're depleating stock before the next years models roll in. I had to logon on in the store and shop online to see what was available. I think I did ok though. I went with a side-by-side with the usual ice/water dispenser on the door, and the ice maker was an in the door unit, instead of taking up space in the freezer section itself. Slide out glass shelves, meat/veggy chiller... I dont know squat about them.

Cabinets will be here on the 21st. Appliances come in on the 27th. Countertops on the 28th. A full 2 weeks ahead of the original schedule...unheard of and I'm in panic mode. :jameo: