New mower

mamatutu

mama to two
The deck on my faithful Wizard mower finally got to the point where I was worried about the engine and blade falling onto the ground so I'm in the market for a new 21 inch push mower.
Looked at Tractor supply, but a lot of their stuff is Chinese so Sears is currently in the lead with Brigs & Stratton or Kohler engines.

Any other suggestions?

This doesn't apply directly because you are looking for a push mower, which we had our first year here. We bought a Sears Craftsman riding mower in 1999, and it is still going strong. Just had to replace the battery once, and, of course, get the blades sharpened each year.

jimfuel100

Love our Toro and it has been running strong for several years now. If you want to go big, they just released walk-behind mower with a 30 inch deck. Two passes on the yard and you are back in front of the TV with a beer. (Really though, either Toro or Troy Built are probably the best value). Honda has a really bad rep and rating. My brother had one and was ready to blow it up before he moved way far west and got rid of it. He said that everything he read about the bad qualities (after he bought it) were all true.

Honda has a bad rep and rating? Really? Thanks for the information. Was this Consumer Reports? They always rate the Honda's as some of the best performing and most reliable...including the one I recommended.

There is nothing wrong with Toro or Troy Built...or Craftsman. Purchase what fits your needs the best and is comfortable to use. Any mower in the $300+ range should last many years - get the color you like best.

warneckutz

Consumer Reports:

1. Honda HRX217VKA
2. Honda HRR2169VLA
3. Toro 20381
4. Toro 20382
5. Honda HRR2169VYA
6. Honda HRR2169VKA