New Port Poll

Are you for or against this new port thingy

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Maybe, wait and see

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Have no clue on any new port concept in the news lately.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

MMDad

Lem Putt
dems4me said:
No not at all silly. :lol: Maybe you should discuss this with MMDad, KenKing or Xyelot. :biggrin: I'd be happy to watch. :biggrin: :popcorn:
Actually, although I disagree, I appreciate that she gave a reason for her position. That's all I've been looking for.

D

dems4me

sushisamba said:
Gotcha...YIKES! You got my back?

No, people argue on here just to argue. You could say the sky was blue, they'd disagree, you can provide a color chart prooving it was blue and they'd still disagee and if they finally do agree its blue, they'd insist that you got your color chart from a corrupts source, thereby making it not really blue but a shade that merely appears to be blue by default ... does that make sense? I do agree with you though. I'm definately NOT for this... for those that are reading inept, that means NO... I'm not for IT... I am thereby AGAINST it.

D

dems4me

MMDad said:
Actually, although I disagree, I appreciate that she gave a reason for her position. That's all I've been looking for.

You'd reach in your grabbag of names for name calling and then pull out the word bigot. I'll save us both the trouble ...

:Imustbeabigotsign: because I don't agree (meaning I'm not for) this idea.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
dems4me said:
No, people argue on here just to argue. You could say the sky was blue, they'd disagree, you can provide a color chart prooving it was blue and they'd still disagee and if they finally do agree its blue, they'd insist that you got your color chart from a corrupts source, thereby making it not really blue but a shade that merely appears to be blue by default ... does that make sense? I do agree with you though. I'm definately NOT for this... for those that are reading inept, that means NO... I'm not for IT... I am thereby AGAINST it.
:killingme: when posting becomes that much work for me, I think I'll stop. Thanks for the warning! :lmao:

MMDad

Lem Putt
sushisamba said:
I'd like to respond that I'm against it. Makes no sense. They don't even want to keep the paperwork in the US where it can be audited. We would have so much red tape to cut just to get documentation that belongs to us. Idiots in the administration.

"In approving the purchase, the administration chose not to require Dubai Ports to keep copies of its business records on U.S. soil, where they would be subject to orders by American courts. It also did not require the company to designate an American citizen to accommodate requests by the government."

I was not aware of this until you raised the issue. I agree that they really screwed up by allowing this part of the agreement. Imagine having to go through international courts.

I'll change my opinion to a conditional yes, if they fix this glitch.

mainman

Set Trippin
dems4me said:
The sky only appears blue, it is not actually blue.. :eek:pticalillusion:

Geeez, some peoples kids...:rolleyes:

D

dems4me

mainman said:
The sky only appears blue, it is not actually blue.. :eek:pticalillusion:

Geeez, some peoples kids...:rolleyes:

It was a rhetorical analogy and meant for analogous purposes only. :lol: I knew when I posted it some one would be a wisecrackka... :lol:

mainman

Set Trippin
dems4me said:
It was a rhetorical analogy and meant for analogous purposes only. :lol: I knew when I posted it some one would be a wisecrackka... :lol:
Don't be using them fancy 3 dolla words on me smartiepants...:lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Would you cut it out...

MMDad said:
I was not aware of this until you raised the issue. I agree that they really screwed up by allowing this part of the agreement. Imagine having to go through international courts.

I'll change my opinion to a conditional yes, if they fix this glitch.

...already. You're halfway to waking up. Why stop now? Why not take the natural next step and start thinking about all the rest of this IDIOTIC idea that we may well not 'be aware of' yet."?????

You gonna feel 'better' if they have to keep records on US soil? What, like Enron did? Global Crossing? Does the word FRAUD ring any bells?

I'm witnessing mass insanity.

UAE gonna let our government own and operate something over there? We get to own and operate their airports? Banking system? Courts? Hot dog stands?

THINK people.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Larry Gude said:
I'm witnessing mass insanity.

UAE gonna let our government own and operate something over there? We get to own and operate their airports? Banking system? Courts? Hot dog stands?

I'm with you. What do we get out of this? Free oil? A harem for Bush?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

sushisamba said:
I'm with you. What do we get out of this? Free oil? A harem for Bush?

...are you dense or something?

We get 6 ports NOT run or controlled by a foreign government.

We have NO increased security risk, obviously, with a foreign government NOT controlling these ports.

We get, uh, well, did I mention it is NO problem whatsoever, in any way, shape or form if a foreign government owns and operates these companies? In fact, it's perfectly normal. Happens all the time. At least, why not start now?

We get a foreign government who, while NOT having any control that could threaten our national security, will not actually own the ground or water. They just NOT control it. Feel better?

We get, um...well, we get all kinds of things. We get NOT to control stuff in their country because it is obviously absolutely silly to even begin to suspect that a foreign government might have conflicting national interests.

Don't you get it???

Me neither.

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:
...are you dense or something?

We get 6 ports NOT run or controlled by a foreign government.

We have NO increased security risk, obviously, with a foreign government NOT controlling these ports.

We get, uh, well, did I mention it is NO problem whatsoever, in any way, shape or form if a foreign government owns and operates these companies? In fact, it's perfectly normal. Happens all the time. At least, why not start now?

We get a foreign government who, while NOT having any control that could threaten our national security, will not actually own the ground or water. They just NOT control it. Feel better?

We get, um...well, we get all kinds of things. We get NOT to control stuff in their country because it is obviously absolutely silly to even begin to suspect that a foreign government might have conflicting national interests.

Don't you get it???

Me neither.

I would like to take this opportunity, while we are on a roll of superb, fluid and rational posting, to ask you -- do you think my poll(s) were confusing or misleading? :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes...

dems4me said:
I would like to take this opportunity, while we are on a roll of superb, fluid and rational posting, to ask you -- do you think my poll(s) were confusing or misleading? :shrug:

...there is OBVIOUSLY not a thing in the world wrong with selling the US of A to foreign governments and your poll does not refelct this at all.

Your poll should say "What should we sell next?" And "to whom?"

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:
...there is OBVIOUSLY not a thing in the world wrong with selling the US of A to foreign governments and your poll does not refelct this at all.

Your poll should say "What should we sell next?" And "to whom?"

:yeahthat: Next we could call our selves United States of America and United Emerites??? good ol US of A and UE? :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why not?

dems4me said:
:yeahthat: Next we could call our selves United States of America and United Emerites??? good ol US of A and UE? :ohwell:

There's no danger. Hell, we'll probably be safer and have whiter teeth, fresher breath and shinier hair once the whole damn country is under foreign governmental management.

Who can't see that?

ylexot

Super Genius
dems4me said:
No not at all silly. :lol: Maybe you should discuss this with MMDad, KenKing or Xyelot. :biggrin: I'd be happy to watch. :biggrin: :popcorn:
1) Get my name right.
2) I haven't discussed the topic of the ports with you. I only discussed the fact that you are too stupid to understand that this poll does not make sense.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
ylexot said:
1) Get my name right.
2) I haven't discussed the topic of the ports with you. I only discussed the fact that you are too stupid to understand that this poll does not make sense.

Hey Xyelot re-read cause that quote, that you quoted wasn't your's to reply too! :yay:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Now, with that said

I think this whole dang thing wreaks of profit for some and not good for the whole.
How long is the lease?
For a society that is so concerned with preserve, conserving and purifying for our youth to inherit, why would we allow ANY of our stateside contracts to be awarded to a foreign corp. ?
Wouldn't future generations love the oppurtunity to bid on such contracts?
Hard to compete with slave laborers, huh?

D

dems4me

ylexot said:
1) Get my name right.
:killingme :killingme :huggy: