New to area

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Hi everyone. I just moved down here from Long Island NY. Actually, I'm staying with my cousin for a while until I can get back on my feet. He is a member on here so I decided to give these boards a try. Talk to you all later.

:howdy: Welcome! I'm from up north, North of Philly and South Jersey are the places I grew up.

The one thing you can't get here is good pizza, Rick's on 253 by Donavan's Irish Pub is close, they also have good (say with me) cheesesteaks, not to be confused with steak and cheese whatever that is.

G

Gtmustang88

I've always been a Chevy kinda gal. I can't wait till the new Camaro comes out.

That cool. I use to be a chevy guy, but then i went to the dark side i guess you would say, haha. My car also came from New York, that was a long drive home...

J

jjsmommy99

That cool. I use to be a chevy guy, but then i went to the dark side i guess you would say, haha. My car also came from New York, that was a long drive home...

and i bet you drove like an a## the whole way back too.

NYCityGirl

:howdy: Welcome! I'm from up north, North of Philly and South Jersey are the places I grew up.

The one thing you can't get here is good pizza, Rick's on 253 by Donavan's Irish Pub is close, they also have good (say with me) cheesesteaks, not to be confused with steak and cheese whatever that is.
I've found that out.The pizza around here sucks. I'm with you on the cheesesteaks though, Jersey had some good ones.

You need to switch back. Step away from the Fords:razz:

C

CalvertNewbie

I've found that out.The pizza around here sucks. I'm with you on the cheesesteaks though, Jersey had some good ones.

You need to switch back. Step away from the Fords:razz:

Welcome to somd! I'm sure it's a bit of a culture shock to you, as it was to me. Hubby and I moved here last August and now love it. I'm from Long Island also - grew up in Huntington, then moved to Lindenhurst.

Do yourself a favor and plan on giving up pizza (and bagels) for as long as you're here. Consider it a good reason for a roadtrip back home. :buddies:

NYCityGirl

Welcome to somd! I'm sure it's a bit of a culture shock to you, as it was to me. Hubby and I moved here last August and now love it. I'm from Long Island also - grew up in Huntington, then moved to Lindenhurst.

Do yourself a favor and plan on giving up pizza (and bagels) for as long as you're here. Consider it a good reason for a roadtrip back home. :buddies:

Now why did you have to bring up the bagels. I really miss those. Oh well, I guess you were right, ROAD TRIP!!!! :buddies:

Now why did you have to bring up the bagels. I really miss those. Oh well, I guess you were right, ROAD TRIP!!!! :buddies:

I'm flying up for the weekend on the 27th, and then driving up last week in July. Part of the reason for driving is to bring back bagels, pizza and B&G pickles!!!! I'd love to have a good Sicilian pizza right now.....

C

CalvertNewbie

My parents are coming to visit and they always bring us some bagels. Ahhh, the comforts of "home". :yum:

Actually, hubby doesn't like when I refer to NY as "home" because I no longer live there and "Calvert county is our home now". I drove up last month for a weekend and hubby had to work all weekend so he couldn't leave here. I was talking to him on the cell when I got to Long Island and I made the mistake of saying, "I'm almost home", meaning my parents house. :killingme

C

CalvertNewbie

I'm flying up for the weekend on the 27th, and then driving up last week in July. Part of the reason for driving is to bring back bagels, pizza and B&G pickles!!!! I'd love to have a good Sicilian pizza right now.....

Is it going to cost you less to fly up there than it will to drive? Hey, can't you bring the bagels in a plastic bag, as a carry on? The pizza.....well, that's pushing it. Just enjoy it while you're up there!