New to area

Is it going to cost you less to fly up there than it will to drive? Hey, can't you bring the bagels in a plastic bag, as a carry on? The pizza.....well, that's pushing it. Just enjoy it while you're up there!

I got $41 one-way tickets thru SW, so the whole thing is like $100 plus a bit of fuel to BWI and back. In the long run, it's not much different in cost, fly vs drive, but the wear-and tear factor is much lower by flying. Not only on the truck, but me too. In July I have to bring up a bunch of tools and I tow the trailer with the GoldWing in it, so no options there.

I've brought bagels as carry-on before, but I will have a laptop coming back with me, so no room this time. I'll just have to eat my fill when I'm there!

NYCityGirl

I got $41 one-way tickets thru SW, so the whole thing is like $100 plus a bit of fuel to BWI and back. In the long run, it's not much different in cost, fly vs drive, but the wear-and tear factor is much lower by flying. Not only on the truck, but me too. In July I have to bring up a bunch of tools and I tow the trailer with the GoldWing in it, so no options there.

I've brought bagels as carry-on before, but I will have a laptop coming back with me, so no room this time. I'll just have to eat my fill when I'm there!

Plus you save money on the tolls. They get expensive.

C

CalvertNewbie

That's a good price for the tickets. You probably will save money by flying due to the high cost of gas and tolls. And you can sit back & relax on the plane instead of fighting ridiculous traffic. I'm sure you'll have a great time up there and get your fill of good eats. Get to the beach and let us know how it was!

That's a good price for the tickets. You probably will save money by flying due to the high cost of gas and tolls. And you can sit back & relax on the plane instead of fighting ridiculous traffic. I'm sure you'll have a great time up there and get your fill of good eats. Get to the beach and let us know how it was!

Definitely have beach time planned. Probably Cupsogue Beach in Westhampton, maybe Smith Point Park. It's my brother's last day EVER as a teacher, he's retiring that weekend, and it's my buddies last day teaching for the year, so it should be a good weekend.

C

CalvertNewbie

Definitely have beach time planned. Probably Cupsogue Beach in Westhampton, maybe Smith Point Park. It's my brother's last day EVER as a teacher, he's retiring that weekend, and it's my buddies last day teaching for the year, so it should be a good weekend.

Sounds like a great, great time! Call me jealous!!! :bawl:

You'll have to let us know how much fun you had up there, when you get back. But for the time being, you'll be here with the rest of us for the next couple of weeks before you leave.

A few from past trips. This was 4-July-2006.

Attachments

• CIMG0011.JPG
    CIMG0011.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 77
  • CIMG0014.JPG
    CIMG0014.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 64
  • CIMG0017.JPG
    CIMG0017.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 68
  • CIMG0049.JPG
    CIMG0049.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 76
I just realized I stole this thread from NYCityGirl with my stuff. I apologize. Just got a bit carried away....

C

CalvertNewbie

A few from past trips. This was 4-July-2006.

Beautiful pics of a typical L.I. weekend! Boating, 4 wheelin on the beaches, walking through all the waterfront state parks. Those were the days! :buddies: Gee, why can't hubby see why I loved living there so much? I guess because he never has.

C

CalvertNewbie

Howdy! I am new here. Well sorta,. I have been here here since November. I just been trying to get things organize. Starting life all over agin. Its hard but i am likeing it more every day.

Welcome! Glad you're starting to like it here. :howdy: