New to Boards...

WifeandMother

Hello. I am trying this out for the first time. I am searching out some ladies to hang out with. I don't know if any of you are in the same situation that I am, but I basically gave up all of my friends when I started dating my now husband spend most of my time with either my kid or family. (Not that there is anything wrong with that) I am now finding that I really need girlfriends. I hope that I don't sound too pathetic.

D

dems4me

WifeandMother said:
Hello. I am trying this out for the first time. I am searching out some ladies to hang out with. I don't know if any of you are in the same situation that I am, but I basically gave up all of my friends when I started dating my now husband spend most of my time with either my kid or family. (Not that there is anything wrong with that) I am now finding that I really need girlfriends. I hope that I don't sound too pathetic.

:howdy: Welcome!! :flowers:

Queen Laqueefa

BOW DOWN & KISS MY TOES
WifeandMother said:

Why in the world would you give up your friends for some man? :confused:

M

Mousebaby

It seems to have happened to me too, when I met my husband my friend got really jealous of our relationship and she started to turn on me. By them time I had bought my house and was pregnant with my first child with my new husband my friend pretty much hated me for having such a good life while hers (in her mind) sucked. She has not spoken to me in 10 yrs. So you've got me as to why people do what they do.

By the way, welcome! :howdy:

Poohhunny1605

Mousebaby said:
It seems to have happened to me too, when I met my husband my friend got really jealous of our relationship and she started to turn on me. By them time I had bought my house and was pregnant with my first child with my new husband my friend pretty much hated me for having such a good life while hers (in her mind) sucked. She has not spoken to me in 10 yrs. So you've got me as to why people do what they do.

By the way, welcome! :howdy:

Ha, same thing happend to me, everytime I start dating a guy or something my friends tend to all disappear...? Not that they feel my life is better than theirs by any means, but most of my friends are in the party party party stage, and the bar scene isn't for me? So if I have a boyfriend or companion, I don't like to hang out with my friends at bars I'd rather go to a movie or something? You get tired having to balance it out lol!

Welcome to the forums :howdy:

WifeandMother

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one who is in this particular boat. I don't know why I gave up my friends...young, dumb, blindly in love maybe. I need to reconnect with people though and get a life outside of my family.

WifeandMother

So...what do you all do for fun, without your significant others? I would love to have someone to pal around with. (Shop, Dine, do "Kids" things, girls night out) The whole 9 yards as it were!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
WifeandMother said:
So...what do you all do for fun, without your significant others? I would love to have someone to pal around with. (Shop, Dine, do "Kids" things, girls night out) The whole 9 yards as it were!
Hubby and I are joined at the hip. I never do anything.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
WifeandMother said:
Unfortunatley (sp) My hubby is joined to his brothers hip....
I really bored with the whole doing whatever he wants deal...
Buy a motorcycle. You can ride with 1bdz and me.