New to Boards...

sockgirl77

WifeandMother said:
So...what do you all do for fun, without your significant others? I would love to have someone to pal around with. (Shop, Dine, do "Kids" things, girls night out) The whole 9 yards as it were!
Dew Drop. :yay:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
WifeandMother said:
Hello. I am trying this out for the first time. I am searching out some ladies to hang out with. I don't know if any of you are in the same situation that I am, but I basically gave up all of my friends when I started dating my now husband spend most of my time with either my kid or family. (Not that there is anything wrong with that) I am now finding that I really need girlfriends. I hope that I don't sound too pathetic.

Welcome :howdy: How old are you? How old are your kids? Just curious. You want someone to hang out with so I want to know some details about yourself.

WifeandMother

hotmomma said:
Welcome :howdy: How old are you? How old are your kids? Just curious. You want someone to hang out with so I want to know some details about yourself.

I suppose your correct. My daughter is 10 and I am 35. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and become my own person. I lost myself for too many years!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
WifeandMother said:
I suppose your correct. My daughter is 10 and I am 35. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and become my own person. I lost myself for too many years!

Havent we all?

bluejay

What do you like to do or think you would like to do? Have hobbies? I have a few girlfriends that I hang out with. We love to shop, scrapbook, stamp or just hang out with each other. Most of their husbands are friends with mine so sometimes we all get together.

WifeandMother

Hobbies...what are those? You mean I'm allowed to have my own hobbies? :lmao: (Sorry....took me off guard) I like the water, I like shopping, I like to be outside. I like to have a drink, I like to eat. I'm so lost here....I think I would be willing to try a lot of different things.

K

Kain99

WifeandMother said:
Hobbies...what are those? You mean I'm allowed to have my own hobbies? :lmao: (Sorry....took me off guard) I like the water, I like shopping, I like to be outside. I like to have a drink, I like to eat. I'm so lost here....I think I would be willing to try a lot of different things.
There are plenty of us who relate to you. :huggy:

bluejay

When do you have free time. I am sure with a husband and a 10 year old you are pretty busy. I have a wonderful husband and a 2 year old but I still make time for friends.

M

Mousebaby

bluejay said:
When do you have free time. I am sure with a husband and a 10 year old you are pretty busy. I have a wonderful husband and a 2 year old but I still make time for friends.

Um, just curious, you do know that is not a blue jay in your avatar right? :confused:

WifeandMother

bluejay said:
That's the problem...I didn't make time for friends years ago, and now I really don't have any to make time for...

J

julz20684

WifeandMother said:

My girlfriends and I took bellydancing together and it was great fun!

M

Mousebaby

bluejay said:
Yes, I am aware that it is not a blue jay in my avatar. It was the closest thing I found fast.

Here try this, if it needs resizing let me know!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Kain99 said:
There are plenty of us who relate to you. :huggy:
Amen to that. We moved from Virginia and my friends are now about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive from here instead of 20 minutes. Can't visit during the week because of work and can't on the weekends because of other commitments (household chores, soccer games, school events, etc.). It's hard to keep long-distance friendships at the top of my priority list so I email and phone-call a lot but it's not the same. Ironically, the one friend I made in my new neighborhood just moved to Virginia. Welcome!