New to Maryland

Quarterpole

I am new to the area and need to get some information on
shows and trainers that are within a fifty miles radius of Davidsonville.
Are there many adult jumper classes and how tough is the competition?
I also have 2 adult hunters (2'6-3'), both are thoroughbreds. Is this
an area where the warmbloods are preferred?
I have heard about two barns and would like some opinions on
barns you feel would work for my horses.
The (3) jumpers should be able to hold their own with the normal
level 2 & 3 competitors.
Also, if anyone knows of barns or trainers to be avoided please
let me know.
Thanks for any information you can provide.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Welcome! :howdy: I'm more of a dressage rider than hunter/jumper but there are some H/J people here and I'm sure they'll fill you in on shows, trainers, and barns.

Davidsonville is a lovely area and you've got lots of farms nearby, I know some names, but not much else about most of them. Good luck and we'd love to see pictures. :)

fredsaid2

You'll get a lot of good info by posting your question on COTH . Welcome to the area! You're in a great place for horse stuff : )

K

Katie

Quarterpole said:
level 2 & 3 competitors.
let me know.

I don't know that much about the jumper classes, or the competition. There are some nice farms up in the area of Davidsonville.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Where is Davidsonville in regards to here? Is it in St. Mary's Co.? I agree with Fredsaid. I would post on COTH. There is some bad blood on here that will steer you in the wrong direction! Good luck and welcome.

K

KizerSoSay

Sadielady said:
Where is Davidsonville in regards to here? Is it in St. Mary's Co.? I agree with Fredsaid. I would post on COTH. There is some bad blood on here that will steer you in the wrong direction! Good luck and welcome.
Agreed. Not much pertinent info on here on a regular basis. Mostly fighting egos back and forth. Welcome to southern MD!

fredsaid2

Sadielady said:

Davidonville is up near Mitchelville below Annap. Steuart Pittman is in that area I think (eventer). We're a bit far south for her although some of the traveling instructors in PF could work if she has a barn to work out of. Good luck!

S

saddlesore

Quarterpole said:
level 2 & 3 competitors.
let me know.
There are lots of good barns in the PG area. Check the equiery.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Sadielady said:
Its closer to Annapolis and Bowie I think. Its a little ways from St. Mary's. Isnt there a new barn near Annapolis that is a hunter/jumper barn?? I think its off Rt2.

S

saddlesore

fredsaid2 said:
Ghost of Fred wants to know, "who's fault is that?". :howdy:
I would say the 'egos' that are fighting. Not moi, I simply am an observer. :coffee:

K

KizerSoSay

saddlesore said:
I would say the 'egos' that are fighting. Not moi, I simply am an observer. :coffee:
SHHHH! Don't talk to it! It is not the Fred we used to know and love. It is an evil, zombie, imposter who sees MPD posters around every thread!! (shiver)

fredsaid2

saddlesore said:

The egos appear to have ceased bickering. Where's the fun in that for the rest of us?? Kidding, kidding! :smile:

S

saddlesore

fredsaid2 said:
The egos appear to have ceased bickering. Where's the fun in that for the rest of us?? Kidding, kidding! :smile:
Now you sound like Kizer :whistle:

fredsaid2

KizerSoSay said:
SHHHH! Don't talk to it! It is not the Fred we used to know and love. It is an evil, zombie, imposter who sees MPD posters around every thread!! (shiver)

Think of me when you watch the movie '28 Weeks Later'....and not all zombies are evil!

K

KizerSoSay

fredsaid2 said:
SEE!! It feels good to let the evil out once in a while. I am still miffed with you for accusing me of being anyone other than my fabulous self. (pouting)
Don't you know there is only one Queen? Homey does not play that, girlfriend. :nono:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
fredsaid2 said:
Davidonville is up near Mitchelville below Annap. Steuart Pittman is in that area I think (eventer). We're a bit far south for her although some of the traveling instructors in PF could work if she has a barn to work out of. Good luck!

Yeah, Steuart Pittman has Dodon Farm. www.dodonfarm.com I rode with him years ago for a cross country clinic, but he gets around for some show jumping clinics too, I believe. Really nice guy.

fredsaid2

KizerSoSay said:
SEE!! It feels good to let the evil out once in a while. I am still miffed with you for accusing me of being anyone other than my fabulous self. (pouting)
Don't you know there is only one Queen? Homey does not play that, girlfriend. :nono:

I so sooorry!! You are THE man!!