New to Maryland

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
mygoldnhorse said:
:yeahthat:

We still need 2 instructors for Horse Science School this year. The classes are in the evening from 5-6pm and from 6:15-7:15pm, on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday June 25-27. We need a Jumping Instructor and a Western Performance Instructor. If you or someone you know would be able to donate some time please let us know. TIA! And by the way some of the kids here on the forum are students.

Hey how about BZHmom,,, she's a great instructor!!! Hey BZ what say you??? :howdy:

devinej

mygoldnhorse said:
:yeahthat:

We still need 2 instructors for Horse Science School this year. The classes are in the evening from 5-6pm and from 6:15-7:15pm, on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday June 25-27. We need a Jumping Instructor and a Western Performance Instructor. If you or someone you know would be able to donate some time please let us know. TIA! And by the way some of the kids here on the forum are students.

where is horse science school? is this a volunteer position?

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Quarterpole said:
I am new to the area and need to get some information on
shows and trainers that are within a fifty miles radius of Davidsonville.
Are there many adult jumper classes and how tough is the competition?
I also have 2 adult hunters (2'6-3'), both are thoroughbreds. Is this
an area where the warmbloods are preferred?
I have heard about two barns and would like some opinions on
barns you feel would work for my horses.
The (3) jumpers should be able to hold their own with the normal
level 2 & 3 competitors.
Also, if anyone knows of barns or trainers to be avoided please
let me know.
Thanks for any information you can provide.

Run as fast as you can! :jameo:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
devinej said:
where is horse science school? is this a volunteer position?
It is held at the Equestrian Center and it is a volunteer position.
For those of you who are not familair, this is the jest of it...
We hold HSS every year for 50 students from the Southern Maryland area. The day starts out at 7:30am and runs until 7:30 pm Monday thru Thursday for one week in June or July. The day is made up of 3 riding classes, a demonstration, a clinic, a horse related craft, lunch and dinner, and taking care of their horses in between. It takes approximately 40+ adults to volunteer to make this happen. And for about 10 of us it takes months of preparation in advance to make it all come together.
This is the 8th year my daughter has attended and the 6th year of my full time involvement. I am the Barn Manager of 50 children and their 50 horses. I will arrive on Sunday evening and stay until Thursday evening. Friday I :snooze:
I take this week off from work, and the funny thing about it is that it is the most gratifying vacation I take every year. The kids are great :thewave:
From the forum we have...Percy, TC, Happyappy, SAHRAB, Mylilpony are some of the other adults and some of the kids are Horsesrock 93, Flare, bhoffman.

K

Katie

mygoldnhorse said:
We hold HSS every year for 50 students from the Southern Maryland area. The day starts out at 7:30am and runs until 7:30 pm Monday thru Thursday for one week in June or July. QUOTE]

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would help with it, but I wasn't even able to take a week off from work to do final exams.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Katie said:
mygoldnhorse said:
We hold HSS every year for 50 students from the Southern Maryland area. The day starts out at 7:30am and runs until 7:30 pm Monday thru Thursday for one week in June or July. QUOTE]

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would help with it, but I wasn't even able to take a week off from work to do final exams.

Its a blast and there is always next year!