New to So. Maryland

SoMdDude

Evergreen, they offer once or twice a week pick up I believe...I only had the option of twice when I signed up, and for $60 every 3 months I jumped
all over that. Just recently they bumped it up to $66 to cover fuel costs... which they told me they would never charge for... meh... still cheaper than
all of the others out there, and they have never missed a pick up where I live.

Which neighborhood do you live in:?

Last edited:

mudpuddle

Thanks for info on Evergreen, We'll be in Charlotte Hall.

I live in Charlotte Hall, and use Evergreen. Never had any problems with them, but it is best to put the trash out the night before pickup!
Welcome to Charlotte Hall! I think you will love living here! I do!

lmwelch

I live in Charlotte Hall, and use Evergreen. Never had any problems with them, but it is best to put the trash out the night before pickup!
Welcome to Charlotte Hall! I think you will love living here! I do!

:yeahthat: They come VERY early in my neighborhood so you really do need to put the trash out the night before. They'll probably tell you that if/when you sign up.

Beta

Smile!
Great! Thanks to All who responded....gotta finish packing...lol

There are more options than Evergreen, although that's a good one. If you want to do recycling also, you might need to check with the different companies. Some have strange pick-ups and some don't do a pick-up.

Goode: http://goodecompanies.com/charles-county-recycling-trash-pickup/
Waste Management: http://www.charlescountychamber.org/Recyclers/Waste-Management-of-Southern-Maryland-223
Affordable Refuse: http://www.affordablerefuse.com/sd/pgs/Residential-Services.aspx

If you're going to be in a neighborhood, check with your neighbors. That's the best gauge.

Good luck

SoMdDude

:yeahthat: They come VERY early in my neighborhood so you really do need to put the trash out the night before. They'll probably tell you that if/when you sign up.

Same here, have seen them come as early as 5:15-5:30am, but then again by that time I am late getting out of the house myself...am usually gone and trash out by 4:30-4:45 lolz

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If you want to do recycling also, you might need to check with the different companies. Some have strange pick-ups and some don't do a pick-up.

Depending on what you call "recycling" Charles County provides a free curbside recycling service in many areas and they provide the bin that you can pour all recyclables into without sorting, etc. The pickup is every other week. If you have lots and gobs of recyclables, ask for a second bin.

Midnightrider

Evergreen.

i would search the reviews for evergreen before i sign on with them. When i was looking into getting trash service their reviews were terrible. It didn't help my opinion of them any when they came into our neighborhood numerous times trying to pedal their services despite being formally told our subdivision is strictly 'no soliciting'.

Like i said check the reviews. Most of the ones i saw talked about missing pickups and then rude service when folks called to complain.

Can anyone recommend a residential trash removal company for Charles County with bi weekly pick up??

You specifically asked about pickups, so this may not apply:

Would you consider taking it to the convenience center yourself? You can save quit a bit of money, especially if it's on your way to somewhere else. I've been doing this in St. Mary's county since 2000, and at that time pickup was $30/mo. If you do the math, that's about $5000 I get to use elsewhere.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You specifically asked about pickups, so this may not apply:

Would you consider taking it to the convenience center yourself? You can save quit a bit of money, especially if it's on your way to somewhere else. I've been doing this in St. Mary's county since 2000, and at that time pickup was $30/mo. If you do the math, that's about $5000 I get to use elsewhere.

That's what I do. In fact, I took my trash this afternoon. Weekdays sure beat weekends!

SoapLady

I wasn't sure of the details on that, I heard somewhere you could but not sure where they are. I am going to have to explore options. Thanks everyone for the info..