New with cats

frequentflier

happy to be living
So I got a cat, he's six months old. How do I get him to stop waking me up in the middle of the night. It's like clockwork at 3:45 he's purring louder than a B-17 and headbutting my face rubbing against me. If I hide under the pillow he just starts kneeding the blankets. I've only owned dogs before, never cats, and the dog just sleeps all night. He has food, toys, etc., and I like him, but I need to sleep!

Does kitty sleep all day when you are at work? Have you tried playing with him and trying to tire him out before you go to bed? What about getting him another kitty for a playmate?

Roman

Does kitty sleep all day when you are at work? Have you tried playing with him and trying to tire him out before you go to bed? What about getting him another kitty for a playmate?
Great idea FF! My kitties love their lazer light, or a good roll in cat nip.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance

Yeah, he gets lots of play time. I just think he's bored, and there's no what I'm getting a second. I'm getting used to ignoring him.

mamatutu

mama to two
Yeah, he gets lots of play time. I just think he's bored, and there's no what I'm getting a second. I'm getting used to ignoring him.

Enjoy him. You don't know how long you will have him. Time flies when you are having fun, and getting no sleep. :lol: You can make up for it later. Trust me. You will miss him.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I solved that problem by having a small gravity feeder full of dry food and they have all they can eat 24/7. I also think adding a 2nd kitty would give kitty #1 more to do than bug you at night ... hint hint hint ....... call me - you can have your choice of several cute kitties :biggrin: .