Newest Member

HillBillyChick

:cheers:
itsbob said:
I take it she means the shuffle board type of bowling.. don't want to get too Strenuous and possibly pull something..

True that. True that. Damn carpal tunnel, loose thumb joint, tendonitis.....can't lift the big balls anymore.... :bawl:
but, hey!!! I get a free drink on bowling night in this league!!

HillBillyChick

dems4me said:
I saw those leagues because I shoot pool leaques, I thought it was funny as hell there'd be leagues doing it.. :lol: Not much physical activity as bowling.. :lol: WTG! Though! What's your average?

a nifty 195, TYVM!!

(But I get a free drink every league night!!) :drool:

D

dems4me

Magnum said:
Someone had the door open to see the trailer with the boat off and cought the pier huh???? :lmao:

Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner!!! :lol: Now, I'm having to climb out the passenger side in and out. Its a great theft deterent, but a PITA in a dress. Not sure how much a truck door would cost, not to mention I can't take off any time from work in the near future. I'm trying to look up quotes online in the meantime. May just buy a new truck. I definately need something for this winter that at the very LEAST has front wheel drive (I woudl prefer 4 wheel drive). I do way too much driving in and out to have to worry about driving through snow. Even rain gives the truck a hard time when coming off a red light or stop light. I just spent about 800.00 and change on inner and outer tie rods for both wheels recent, now I need a friggn door? (My fault). Also something hit the windshield and cracked it about a month ago. Seems like all I'm doing lately is throwing money into this truck. The windshield is not even a year old. I've had the truck since 2002 and have bought two fuel pumps, alternator and a water pump. Now I need a new door, a new windshield, also add a new passenger door to my wish list and a matching passenger quarter panel too from last October's incident. :jameo: I think just tradding it in and cutting my losses may be my best bet. I've been emailing with a guy named Stormy at Ken Dixon in Waldorf asking him my options. Accidents happen. I just wish I'd get away from them all for a while. :frown:

HunterJJD

dems4me said:
Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner!!! :lol: Now, I'm having to climb out the passenger side in and out. Its a great theft deterent, but a PITA in a dress. Not sure how much a truck door would cost, not to mention I can't take off any time from work in the near future. I'm trying to look up quotes online in the meantime. May just buy a new truck. I definately need something for this winter that at the very LEAST has front wheel drive (I woudl prefer 4 wheel drive). I do way too much driving in and out to have to worry about driving through snow. Even rain gives the truck a hard time when coming off a red light or stop light. I just spent about 800.00 and change on inner and outer tie rods for both wheels recent, now I need a friggn door? (My fault). Also something hit the windshield and cracked it about a month ago. Seems like all I'm doing lately is throwing money into this truck. The windshield is not even a year old. I've had the truck since 2002 and have bought two fuel pumps, alternator and a water pump. Now I need a new door, a new windshield, also add a new passenger door to my wish list and a matching passenger quarter panel too from last October's incident. :jameo: I think just tradding it in and cutting my losses may be my best bet. I've been emailing with a guy named Stormy at Ken Dixon in Waldorf asking him my options. Accidents happen. I just wish I'd get away from them all for a while. :frown:
I think you need to call a cab and quit driving

Magnum

Should be Huntin
dems4me said:

What kinda truck, try brandywine auto

D

dems4me

HunterJJD said:
I think you need to call a cab and quit driving

I'm not spending over a hundred a day to get to work and back :smack:

Other than that I had a super great weekend. :yahoo: I'll call my insurance agent and lunch and see what she says.

morganj614

dems4me said:
Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner!!! :lol: ccidents happen. I just wish I'd get away from them all for a while. :frown:

If we didn't have Dem posts to read, all we would be entertained by is peoples stupid zit posts, pet poop and the diva cup :lmao:
Your life is NEVER boring :flowers:

D

dems4me

morganj614 said:
If we didn't have Dem posts to read, all we would be entertained by is peoples stupid zit posts, pet poop and the diva cup :lmao:
Your life is NEVER boring :flowers:

No its definately not. :killingme Its like one big I love Lucy episode gone bad :frown:

But I do learn from my mistakes and I'm wise enough to laugh at them and think GAWD, what the hell was I thinking :lol: I just hate doing dumb chiat sometimes :cussing:

Jameo

What?!
dems4me said:
No its definately not. :killingme Its like one big I love Lucy episode gone bad :frown:

But I do learn from my mistakes and I'm wise enough to laugh at them and think GAWD, what the hell was I thinking :lol: I just hate doing dumb chiat sometimes :cussing:

But it keeps us entertained. Keep up the good work! :yay: :killingme

D

dems4me

I'm not having much luck online looking for a replacement door and have no idea of the cost. Havn't found any. Is the truck considered totaled or something if the door needs to be replaced? All I can find are parts for the door handle, door mirror, etc.. I'm finding no replacement parts for a drivers-side door for a 1999 Silverado.
I'm pretty laid back and easy going but this has got to be fixed. It still squawks and squeeks an awful lot in the bumps in the garage and on turns (I had hoped that replacing tie rods would have fixed that noise), and was embarassing enough with all the racket I made when I park in the morning admist coworkers and bosses, now the trucks's making all the racket, got a cracked windshield, then now they get to watch me climb out either the window or the passenger side door in a dress in this heap. Its embarassing :cussing: . Does anyone know of an estimate on a door? I thought they sold replacement doors but I'm striking out. I didn't know it would be such a PITA trying to replace :cussing: Oh yeah, forgot the POW!!! POW!!! POW!!!!! noise from the passenger side as the door is popping open and its the metal from the quarter panel that's been shoved back in the way.. :cussing: It makes a loud POW!! POW!!! POW!!! noise, loud enough as it is let alone in a small - sound-amplifed concrete garage. Personally, if I didn't know what the noise was, I'd duck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
dems4me said:
I'm not having much luck online looking for a replacement door and have no idea of the cost. Havn't found any. Is the truck considered totaled or something if the door needs to be replaced? All I can find are parts for the door handle, door mirror, etc.. I'm finding no replacement parts for a drivers-side door for a 1999 Silverado.
I'm pretty laid back and easy going but this has got to be fixed. It still squawks and squeeks an awful lot in the bumps in the garage and on turns (I had hoped that replacing tie rods would have fixed that noise), and was embarassing enough with all the racket I made when I park in the morning admist coworkers and bosses, now the trucks's making all the racket, got a cracked windshield, then now they get to watch me climb out either the window or the passenger side door in a dress in this heap. Its embarassing :cussing: . Does anyone know of an estimate on a door? I thought they sold replacement doors but I'm striking out. I didn't know it would be such a PITA trying to replace :cussing: Oh yeah, forgot the POW!!! POW!!! POW!!!!! noise from the passenger side as the door is popping open and its the metal from the quarter panel that's been shoved back in the way.. :cussing:
301-372-1000

Brandywine Auto Parts, they should have something.

HunterJJD

dems4me said:
I'm pretty laid back and easy going but this has got to be fixed. It still squawks and squeeks an awful lot in the bumps in the garage and on turns (I had hoped that replacing tie rods would have fixed that noise), and was embarassing enough with all the racket I made when I park in the morning admist coworkers and bosses, now the trucks's making all the racket, got a cracked windshield, then now they get to watch me climb out either the window or the passenger side door in a dress in this heap. Its embarassing :cussing: . Does anyone know of an estimate on a door? I thought they sold replacement doors but I'm striking out. I didn't know it would be such a PITA trying to replace :cussing: Oh yeah, forgot the POW!!! POW!!! POW!!!!! noise from the passenger side as the door is popping open and its the metal from the quarter panel that's been shoved back in the way.. :cussing:
http://www.brandywineparts.com/bwtruckparts.htm

call them and see if they have a door for you
With out pics it is hard to see what you did and if the colum is jacked up also. If that is fine you can drive out the door pins and put one the new/used door. You may even be able to get the right color