Newest Member

D

dems4me

Thanks! Here's two pictures of the Jumbo Crab I caught yesterday - I was soo worried I'd miss it and have no witnesses - I was like this yesterday :jameo: :jameo: When I pulled him up and my hand was shaking with the net... :jameo: :jameo: :lol: I measured him tonight. He's a smidge over 8 inches, unfortunately his tips go up wards and not straight out... but he's still a good size crab :diva: The second picture is him in a gallon size freezer bag - he almost takes up the whole bag :smile:

Attachments

• crab1.JPG
    crab1.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 76
  • crab2.JPG
    crab2.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 66
D

dems4me

Magnum said:
http://www.partstrain.com/products/...SILVERADO_1500~8~4.8~SLV1-EXT_CAB_LS-002.html

Sale Price: $238.02
List Price: $396.70

Oversized Item
Part# 20115
OEM#
Availability: In Stock

FRONT DOOR SHELL LH (DRIVER SIDE)

Sale Price: $238.02
List Price: $396.70

Oversized Item
Part# 20116
OEM#
Availability: In Stock

Thanks for all the helpful info from everyone!! But I have kind of a dumb question... what do I do after I get the door? I have no clue how to put it on. Will Brandywine auto take the old one off and put this one on? Its mostly in the joint part of the door (no actual damage to the door) can they just bend this one back somehow? Maybe cut a few peices of metal in teh way or something? I've never done this before. Is this something I can figure out how to do? Thanks!! :huggy: :flowers: :flowers:

W

Wenchy

dems4me said:
Thanks for all the helpful info from everyone!! But I have kind of a dumb question... what do I do after I get the door? I have no clue how to put it on. Will Brandywine auto take the old one off and put this one on? Its mostly in the joint part of the door (no actual damage to the door) can they just bend this one back somehow? Maybe cut a few peices of metal in teh way or something? I've never done this before. Is this something I can figure out how to do? Thanks!! :huggy: :flowers: :flowers:

Durrrrrrrrr! :shortbus:

Let your fingers do the walking:
301-372-1000

They MIGHT have the answer for you if you tell them straight up what you need. :yay:

You're welcome. :flowers:

HillBillyChick

Wenchy said:
Durrrrrrrrr! :shortbus:

Let your fingers do the walking:
301-372-1000

They MIGHT have the answer for you if you tell them straight up what you need. :yay:

You're welcome. :flowers:

Nothing like replying to a post that is hours old AND being redundant - or repeating - information.
:banana:

W

Wenchy

HillBillyChick said:
Nothing like replying to a post that is hours old AND being redundant - or repeating - information.
:banana:

Go back and read again. She obviously didn't get the number of the place that was given to her, or she was just playing dumb, and trying to wring more out of this particular saga than need be.

By the way, welcome to the forums. :howdy:

HillBillyChick

Wenchy said:
Go back and read again. She obviously didn't get the number of the place that was given to her, or she was just playing dumb, and trying to wring more out of this particular saga than need be.

The number was given to her multiple times. Wow, do women still play dumb??? I thought that kind of thinking ended decades ago. Now I am sad.
Anyway, Hi!! :flowers:

CandyRain

dems4me said:
Thanks! Here's two pictures of the Jumbo Crab I caught yesterday - I was soo worried I'd miss it and have no witnesses - I was like this yesterday :jameo: :jameo: When I pulled him up and my hand was shaking with the net... :jameo: :jameo: :lol: I measured him tonight. He's a smidge over 8 inches, unfortunately his tips go up wards and not straight out... but he's still a good size crab :diva: The second picture is him in a gallon size freezer bag - he almost takes up the whole bag :smile:
DAYUM! Did he come with the Marlboro lights? :killingme

Magnum

Should be Huntin
dems4me said:
Thats about the size of the crabs I cought when I went out. In 3 hours I had 2 bushels, I was throwing back keepers to make room for the big-un's. The line was hitting about ever other run. A few passes I got 20-24 in one run of the line. Talk about a good way to break in a boat.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
dems4me said:
It depends on where the damage is at but almost everything can be fixed. In this case it might be cheaper for a new or used door. Labor rates to fix your door then paint would probably cost more. If your not worried too much about looks a hammer, crowbar, tin snipes, duct ape and spray paint should do the trick :lmao:

D

dems4me

Wenchy said:

BTFO, I was at work and couldn't call and by the time I got home and online to even see the post they were closed. You know... actually working instead of posting on the forums... something you ride my azz about NOT doing? Your post was neither helpful nor was it it even filled with any helpful intentions. You just wanted to act the azz and you know it. And please don't reply to this one either. I'm swamped at work and won't be able to read it or respond. Enjoy your day. :huggy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dems, if you do end up getting a new truck, be sure to allow a larger budget for replacement doors, quarter panels and windshields as these parts are much more expensive for newer vehicles. :smile:

SeaRide

dems4me said:
The second picture is him in a gallon size freezer bag - he almost takes up the whole bag :smile:

Are you freezing those blue crabs?
http://www.cantlers.com/maryland-blue-crabs.shtml said:
Q. Can I Freeze Steamed Maryland Blue Crabs?

A. The Seafood Marketing Program does not recommend freezing steamed crabs because of the potential for bacterial growth. The undigested food the crab has eaten and the wastes in the interior of the crab take a long time to freeze in home freezers and increase the risk of bacterial growth. We suggest the crab be cleaned first: remove the shell, legs, intestines, claws and fat. Only the meat-containing parts of "Body" and claws of the crab should be frozen. This frozen crab meat is best used for soups or casseroles.

D

dems4me

SeaRide said:
Are you freezing those blue crabs?

:rolleyes:

No, I store them in the freezer bags so they don't smell up the fridge. I live with two other people and don't want to be accused of smelling up the fridge.