NFL draft...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Normally, the #1 pick is worth talking about. However, the Lions have it, so, it just won't matter; It's Detroit. No matter what they do, the government when bail them out.

Now that I have that low joke out of the way, who the hell wants a QB from freaking Georgia? An underclassman at that?

Sanchez is a mistake. He's played 16 freaking games. No one is gonna tell me he's better than Jason or Colt for this coming season. Or the one after that. Which is why we're gonna get him.

Absent a miracle, and we don't trade up to take Sanchez, who do we take at 13 or do we trade down? Part of the problem with Cutler and Sanchez is now that, clearly, Jason is on a team where he is not wanted.

Looks like lots of LB's are available.

An O lineman?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Normally, the #1 pick is worth talking about. However, the Lions have it, so, it just won't matter; It's Detroit. No matter what they do, the government when bail them out.

Now that I have that low joke out of the way, who the hell wants a QB from freaking Georgia? An underclassman at that?

Sanchez is a mistake. He's played 16 freaking games. No one is gonna tell me he's better than Jason or Colt for this coming season. Or the one after that. Which is why we're gonna get him.

Absent a miracle, and we don't trade up to take Sanchez, who do we take at 13 or do we trade down? Part of the problem with Cutler and Sanchez is now that, clearly, Jason is on a team where he is not wanted.

An O lineman?

The fact remains that Snyder loves to make a splash, see his name in the papers going out on a limb..so he'll do anything in his power to make the sexy pick, in this case, it will be Sanchez. He's bullheaded, has failed before and will push his will against all the naysayers.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Neither of these QBs should be a first round selection. But they both will be.

I think Stafford would be a first round selection in any draft, but he's the only one. He's got all the tools and the scouts have been drooling over him for years.

I wonder if Washington will pick a receiver. I could see you guys picking up Macklin (sp?). It'd be a huge mistake, but I can really see it happening.

angelbaby

NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that there is "chatter" the Jets would try to swing a trade for Jason Campbell on draft day if the Redskins move up to draft Matthew Stafford.
This is pretty much setting the stage for a potential three-team swap. The Skins are already short on picks and would likely have to dip into their 2010 draft class to move up the board. It could potentially also mean throwing Sanchez into the fire, which sounds foolish after only 16 college starts.

:rolleyes:

T

toppick08

An O lineman?

You should learn to respect the SEC............best conference available, past present and future.
:coffee:

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You should learn to respect the SEC............best conference available, past present and future.
:coffee:

:buddies:

Did I say anything about the SEC? No. Did I disparage qb's from Tennessee? No. Florida? No. Alabama? No. LSU? No.

Georgia. Name a pro qb from Georgia.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I think Stafford would be a first round selection in any draft, but he's the only one. He's got all the tools and the scouts have been drooling over him for years.

I wonder if Washington will pick a receiver. I could see you guys picking up Macklin (sp?). It'd be a huge mistake, but I can really see it happening.
They picked three in the second round last year. Won't happen.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Bring your pitchforks and torches. I'll have mine on the ready if they pick Sanchez.

There is NO way it'll be Sanchez. We need to trade the pick and get some depth on the d line and find some Justin Tuck (3rd round) or Unmenyiora (2nd) or those kind of non premier, non billion dollar gems.

Campbell is good enough and will be better with a fantastic d.