NFL draft...

BuddyLee

Football addict
There is NO way it'll be Sanchez. We need to trade the pick and get some depth on the d line and find some Justin Tuck (3rd round) or Unmenyiora (2nd) or those kind of non premier, non billion dollar gems.

Campbell is good enough and will be better with a fantastic d.
I don't think it'll be Sanchez either. All this hoopla is for nothing.

OT is what I want most. If they don't get one of the big five OT's they'll grab up the best DE.

I don't think they'll trade back either. It's hard to trade back in the draft and we got lucky last year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't think it'll be Sanchez either. All this hoopla is for nothing.

OT is what I want most. If they don't get one of the big five OT's they'll grab up the best DE.

I don't think they'll trade back either. It's hard to trade back in the draft and we got lucky last year.

I want d line most. Otter said it two years ago and he's right; d line first.

As for trading back, all we have to do is quit pissing picks away and we won't have to trade back; we'll just have 'em.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Needs are known for the skins, you know them, I know them, but you have to remember 2 of the 3 guys with say in the draft aren't capable of doing the right thing. Well, 1 guy and a puppet..my bad.

Beta84

They're out to get us
You should learn to respect the SEC............best conference available, past present and future.
:coffee:

:buddies:
damn right!

Did I say anything about the SEC? No. Did I disparage qb's from Tennessee? No. Florida? No. Alabama? No. LSU? No.

Georgia. Name a pro qb from Georgia.
Who cares? Name a pro anything from Mississippi Valley State. Oh right, some nobody named Jerry Rice. :shrug:

How about Auburn? Jason Campbell. :killingme

They picked three in the second round last year. Won't happen.
That's why I think it'll happen again. The Skins brain-trust is hopeless! Who picks 3 in a DRAFT, let alone the 2nd round?

Stafford guaranteed money: $42 mil. Last years #1, Long, guaranteed dough; $30 mil. The recession is OVER!
I think Matt Ryan got more than Long did last year at #3. Granted, Ryan and Stafford both had 6 year deals, while Long only had a 5 year deal. I think Haynesworth had 40mil guaranteed so they just "had" to get a bigger contract than that.

The next collective bargaining agreement is going to severely reduce top draft pick salaries. This is ludicrous! How could you pay a potential BUST $42 million GUARANTEED? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will probably never see that kind of money in a contract (if they have or will, my bad...but u get the point) and they're both Hall of Famers. It's absurd.

The NBA, NHL, and MLB have it right. You pay them lower money when they get picked up...still DECENT salaries, but nothing outrageous, and then if they EARN their keep, they cash in. That's how it should be done.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Brian Cushing - LB - Texans

called "Jersey Meathead" :lol:

He's got that Vinny Barbarino thing... :killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us
Skins pulled a coup in the first round with Orakpo. Nice pick. At least you guys aren't the Raiders. :killingme

angelbaby

I loved the Redskins choice. You should have heard the cheering:thewave: (myself included) when Sanchez was picked up by the Jets. Then the crowd went crazy when Orakpo was chosen. :yahoo:

BuddyLee

Football addict
That's why I think it'll happen again. The Skins brain-trust is hopeless! Who picks 3 in a DRAFT, let alone the 2nd round?
Shows how much you know.:lmao:

A lot of successful NFL teams draft singular positions in groups in the draft. The thought process is that at least a few guys will stick. The New York Giants found their famed front seven this way. The Chargers are very well known for doing this recently.

The Skins needed to draft OT or DE in the draft and they did. I didn't think they'd delve into the draft too far to get Sanchez but I was wrong. When Zorn was speaking to the crowd a chant ensued, "Campbell...Campbell...Campbell." You could tell what the fans wanted. Zorn and crew looked very uncomfortable and ran off stage in quick fashion unlike in previous years. They were taking Sanchez, I knew it and everyone knew it. Luckily, the Jets made the bold but bad move, I thought. Redskins fans rejoiced when the Jets selected Sanchez at 5. Then, the unthinkable happened. Orakpo fell right into our laps.:yahoo: