NFL: Great season?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Could this be a long remembered season coming up for an exceptional number of great regular season games ending with epic match ups in the playoffs???

The Pats started in mid season form. The Colts will be good. The Cowboys are going to be good. The Saint's haven't lost a step and the Vikes should be good along with the Packers.

The Giants and Eagles are going to play some good games. The Steelers are good and will get Ben back. The Ravens. The Seahawks may be decent. The Skins look like they will be a tough out for anyone. Maybe the 49ers. The Jets might be elite. The Bengals at least have the tools. The Chargers.

I mean, every season starts with hope for everyone which is the great thing about the NFL but, the Jets, Pats, Saints, Vikes, Pack, Cowboys, Colts, Chargers, Ravens, this might be a special season with a large number of really good teams!

:buddies:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Been pretty exciting so far, I've heard we may be on the brink of a lockout next year if the owners and PA can't come to an agreement; fans may be the victims again...... rumor has it.

Pete

Repete
I am half ass watching MNF and was certain the Jets were beating the dog crap out of the Ravens. Then I look at the score it is not so.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I am half ass watching MNF and was certain the Jets were beating the dog crap out of the Ravens. Then I look at the score it is not so.

Watching it here, Ravens started out pretty crappy, but they're starting to look better.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Don't know why people gauge the Jets so highly. They were barely a 9-7 team last year. Sure, they're tough on defense but their offense isn't anything to write home about.

I'm more surprised Baltimore isn't up by 10+ on them by now.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Don't know why people gauge the Jets so highly. They were barely a 9-7 team last year. Sure, they're tough on defense but their offense isn't anything to write home about.

Ravens got that one by the skin of their teeth, hope they do much better next week.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Ravens got that one by the skin of their teeth, hope they do much better next week.
Jets defense scored all their points.

Ratbirds were more shaky than I thought they'd be. They settled down in the second half. Perhaps first game jitters with the big Monday Night lights against their old buddies Bart and Rex.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Jets defense scored all their points.

Ratbirds were more shaky than I thought they'd be. They settled down in the second half. Perhaps first game jitters with the big Monday Night lights against their old buddies Bart and Rex.

Penalties helped a lot too.

Otter

Nothing to see here

Jets were the media darling, now with this loss and the locker room flap with the female reporter, the media will start piling on..

JoeR

I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but the same can be said for the Ravens. They were only a 9-7 team last year also (same as my Steelers) and got into the playoffs last year on a division record tiebreaker.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but the same can be said for the Ravens. They were only a 9-7 team last year also (same as my Steelers) and got into the playoffs last year on a division record tiebreaker.
The difference is the media isn't on the Ratbirds jockstrap. The Ravens have done more than the Jets, however. They've won two playoff games the last two seasons.