NFL: Great season?

JoeR

The difference is the media isn't on the Ratbirds jockstrap. The Ravens have done more than the Jets, however. They've won two playoff games the last two seasons.

The media is in a lovefest with the Ratbirds also. You would think they were 14-2 last year when they talk about the AFC North. If they are so improved from last year with the players they signed, why did they only score one touchdown last night.

BuddyLee

Football addict
The media is in a lovefest with the Ratbirds also. You would think they were 14-2 last year when they talk about the AFC North. If they are so improved from last year with the players they signed, why did they only score one touchdown last night.
Don't know which outlet you're watching but the Ratbirds haven't gotten any more press than any other playoff team from last year. Granted they signed some free-agents, which would grab headlines for any team.

Sorry, I just don't see it. The love isn't there like it has been for the Cowboys or Jets.

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy

They only scored one TD because the offense is new and still needs time to gel. They just signed TJ last week. They will show signs of improvement. It doesnt help that they played against the #1 rated defense in the league last year. My question for you is why did the Steelers only score one TD against a team who didnt even make the playoffs last year?

Beta84

They're out to get us
Could this be a long remembered season coming up for an exceptional number of great regular season games ending with epic match ups in the playoffs???

The Pats started in mid season form. The Colts will be good. The Cowboys are going to be good. The Saint's haven't lost a step and the Vikes should be good along with the Packers.

The Giants and Eagles are going to play some good games. The Steelers are good and will get Ben back. The Ravens. The Seahawks may be decent. The Skins look like they will be a tough out for anyone. Maybe the 49ers. The Jets might be elite. The Bengals at least have the tools. The Chargers.

I mean, every season starts with hope for everyone which is the great thing about the NFL but, the Jets, Pats, Saints, Vikes, Pack, Cowboys, Colts, Chargers, Ravens, this might be a special season with a large number of really good teams!

:buddies:

Did we watch the same opening week of the season? There are a ton of teams with "potential" including many that you listed, but most of them had glaring errors and looked pretty crappy for week 1. And the NFL is talking about reducing the preseason to 2 games. That's a joke.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Did we watch the same opening week of the season? There are a ton of teams with "potential" including many that you listed, but most of them had glaring errors and looked pretty crappy for week 1. And the NFL is talking about reducing the preseason to 2 games. That's a joke.

I can only guess!

JoeR

They only scored one TD because the offense is new and still needs time to gel. They just signed TJ last week. They will show signs of improvement. It doesnt help that they played against the #1 rated defense in the league last year. My question for you is why did the Steelers only score one TD against a team who didnt even make the playoffs last year?

Other than a couple new recievers, what's new about the your offense? I will give you that the Jets have a good defense. Which is why I'm glad we play them in Pitt this year. As for the Steelers, remember we did have D. Dixon making his second ever start. He didn't have that bad a game after settling down as the game went on.

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
Other than a couple new recievers, what's new about the your offense? I will give you that the Jets have a good defense. Which is why I'm glad we play them in Pitt this year. As for the Steelers, remember we did have D. Dixon making his second ever start. He didn't have that bad a game after settling down as the game went on.

Bad use of words. I should have said a lot of new players on offense. Not only Boldin and TJ but we had two rookie TE's also. Dixon and Pitta. We also do not have Clayton any more who was a big part of the offense for the last 5 years.

Last edited:

JoeR

Bad use of words. I should have said a lot of new players on offense. Not only Boldin and TJ but we had two rookie TE's also. Dixon and Pitta. We also do not have Clayton any more who was a big part of the offense for the last 5 years.

Ok. I would say good luck on the season, but you know I'd be lying. See you in 3 weeks.
:peace:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Don't know which outlet you're watching but the Ratbirds haven't gotten any more press than any other playoff team from last year. Granted they signed some free-agents, which would grab headlines for any team.

Sorry, I just don't see it. The love isn't there like it has been for the Cowboys or Jets.

ESPN practically had a love affair with the Ravens all offseason.

BuddyLee

Football addict
ESPN practically had a love affair with the Ravens all offseason.
Really?

I watch a lot of sports news from a variety of sources. I could see ESPN having a love affair with certain teams such as the Jets and Cowboys. I could see them having a love affair with certain issues such as Haynesworth. The Ravens? Really?

ESPN or any sports network save MASN hasn't been on the Ravens jockstrap. As I mentioned previously, they added a few big name free-agents and went to the playoffs, winning two games the last two years. There should be some buzz, at least. Love affair, hardly.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If that's a joke, keeping it to 4 games would be a bufoonery.

Ideally, the new agreement will END preseason all together, open up opportunites for more informal scrimmages, expand rosters so there is ZERO reason to have a formal pre season game to decide who the third TE will be and, when the curtain goes up, when the stadiums are filled up, the lights on and commercials rolling, it is for real.

And stay at 16 games.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Ideally, the new agreement will END preseason all together, open up opportunites for more informal scrimmages, expand rosters so there is ZERO reason to have a formal pre season game to decide who the third TE will be and, when the curtain goes up, when the stadiums are filled up, the lights on and commercials rolling, it is for real.

And stay at 16 games.

Sounds ideal to me.:biggrin:

Otter

Nothing to see here

And stay at 16 games.

:yay:

Pete

Repete
Expand the rosters to 100 players and up the schedule to 30 games. Super Bowl is moved to the Saturday before Christmas or 4th of July.