NFL playoffs...

donbarzini

Mike Ditka:

"When you score 45 points you should never lose."

and

"When you give up 45 points you should never win."

Larry, once again, is correct. The only thing good about that game was that it DEFINED the old adage, "whoever touches the ball last will win." Both teams should have just taken their defenses off of the field so they would be rested for next week's game in case they make it. Anyone who truly liked this game probably likes 15 to 14 baseball games and 8 to 7 hockey games.

Edit: And for the record I am NOT Larry's MPD. As proof I offer the fact that we consistently appear in the same threads

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry, once again, is correct. The only thing good about that game was that it DEFINED the old adage, "whoever touches the ball last will win." Both teams should have just taken their defenses off of the field so they would be rested for next week's game in case they make it. Anyone who truly liked this game probably likes 15 to 14 baseball games and 8 to 7 hockey games.

Edit: And for the record I am NOT Larry's MPD. As proof I offer the fact that we consistently appear in the same threads

Running 2 browsers at the same time is a known trick, Larry..

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I was looking at the game for entertainment, I have no desire to be any sort of computer chair sports commentator.

After watching the ineptitude of the Redskins offense over the last decade, I was thrilled as hell to see pass plays over 20 or so yards on a consistent basis that involved beautiful catches WHILE IN STRIDE even...players gutting out a few more yards by breaking a tackle..those types of things. Made me realize how much fun watching the game can be.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

And I would like to point at that it is donbarzini, not me, that actually knows everything. :angel:

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The fumble should have been called back! These refs will never be accused of coddling the quarterback - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Oh well! The Packers D should have showed up but they decided to take yet another week off. Well there is always next year!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Tuck rule! Uncalled penalty! Blah, blah! They gave up 45 points anyway and it should been over with what, a 30 some odd yard field goal in regulation?

I don't mean to be insensitive but, was there no egregious holding on that play? Any other? Do we cut the game down to 15 plays aside so the booth can review every single play for every single infraction and still fit in 3 hours?

I'd be pissed if it was my team however, it is a business and it's always nice for the crowd to go home happy.

:evil:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Tuck rule! Uncalled penalty! Blah, blah! They gave up 45 points anyway and it should been over with what, a 30 some odd yard field goal in regulation?

I don't mean to be insensitive but, was there no egregious holding on that play? Any other? Do we cut the game down to 15 plays aside so the booth can review every single play for every single infraction and still fit in 3 hours?

I'd be pissed if it was my team however, it is a business and it's always nice for the crowd to go home happy.

:evil:

You're not very nice.

donbarzini

Game was one of the better playoff games as of late.

It had everything, yes, even defense.

One tip-drill interception on a stupid pass

One strip of an improperly carried ball

And one "tuck-rule" fumble

do NOT constitute any type of defense

BuddyLee

Football addict
One tip-drill interception on a stupid pass

One strip of an improperly carried ball

And one "tuck-rule" fumble

do NOT constitute any type of defense
I'm a defensive minded guy. All of the aforementioned were game-changers. It doesn't matter how much defense was involved, there was defense.

Like it or lump it.