Nhl 2016/2017

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We go to a Hershey Bears game every year (during Spring Break/Easter break). We normally see a few Caps players who are down playing for the Bear. That's the closest we'll come to a Caps game. :nomoney: Last year, we went to the game where GM Doug Yingst said good-bye to the Bears and hello to retirement. This year, it's the Player's Awards. Always a fun time.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
We go to a Hershey Bears game every year (during Spring Break/Easter break). We normally see a few Caps players who are down playing for the Bear. That's the closest we'll come to a Caps game. :nomoney: Last year, we went to the game where GM Doug Yingst said good-bye to the Bears and hello to retirement. This year, it's the Player's Awards. Always a fun time.

The first pro hockey game i ever saw was 1968 - the Baltimore Clippers vs Hershey Bears in the Civic Center. I still remember the Baltimore fight song. Had a great time with my dad.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Lightning doing well again - on the road. Third consecutive convincing win, and letting the youngsters take up the slack for the four month Stamkos outing due to knee surgery.

Chris0nllyn

Blue Jackets are on a tear so far.

Big game to night for the Caps. Hopefully they will break their (almost) NHL-record-winning streak

Chris0nllyn

Blue Jackets are on a tear so far.

Big game to night for the Caps. Hopefully they will break their (almost) NHL-record-winning streak

Not only a win, but snapped their streak (#endthestreak) and a shutout for Holtbeast!

Caps are really picking up their play. It started with the defense a few weeks ago playing lights out on PKs and scoring a few goals but now the offense is finally picking up as well. I'm glad Justin Williams is finally finding the back of the net.

Ovi doesn't seem to have the same bit of steam he used to. I get that he's getting older and he's done this in the past, but he tends to leisurely skate across the blue line, his puck handling and skating has been suspect recently, but he's still got a wicked shot teams have to account for.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
Not only a win, but snapped their streak (#endthestreak) and a shutout for Holtbeast!

Caps are really picking up their play. It started with the defense a few weeks ago playing lights out on PKs and scoring a few goals but now the offense is finally picking up as well. I'm glad Justin Williams is finally finding the back of the net.

Ovi doesn't seem to have the same bit of steam he used to. I get that he's getting older and he's done this in the past, but he tends to leisurely skate across the blue line, his puck handling and skating has been suspect recently, but he's still got a wicked shot teams have to account for.

I was listening to Alzner on the Junkies the other day and he said the coaching staff pulled game clips from last year and showed the team their difference in play. He said the whole team recognized they played with far more tenacity last year than they were this year.

Ovi needs to get the damn penalties in check!

Chris0nllyn

I was listening to Alzner on the Junkies the other day and he said the coaching staff pulled game clips from last year and showed the team their difference in play. He said the whole team recognized they played with far more tenacity last year than they were this year.

Ovi needs to get the damn penalties in check!

True. Last game he had, what, 2 minors? Willy didn't even get that (speaking of, good on Willy last night not getting the retaliatory penalty after being drove into the net)

Hank

my war
True. Last game he had, what, 2 minors? Willy didn't even get that (speaking of, good on Willy last night not getting the retaliatory penalty after being drove into the net)

He had 3 minors against Toronto.

Willy has become a disciplined player and he plays hard. Wish he could find the back of the net more often to reward him for his hard play.

Chris0nllyn

He had 3 minors against Toronto.

Willy has become a disciplined player and he plays hard. Wish he could find the back of the net more often to reward him for his hard play.

He had a wide open net last night, but passed it.

Kuzy's been doing the same. Shots on net guys!

Chris0nllyn

Not Caps related, but check out this hit McCabe had on Laine

[video=youtube;9U3hhIyfP3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=9U3hhIyfP3E[/video]