Nice Little Storm

frequentflier

happy to be living
Owings getting a deluge right now for about the past 15 minutes. I saw pics earlier this evening where some folks in St Mary's got golf ball sized hail.
Some friends that live off St Andrews Church road had me over for dinner. I encountered heavy rain and big drops from the bridge over to their home around 4:50. Once there, it started hailing for probably three or four minutes.
It did not appear my home in Lusby got any of that rain; though overnight it looks like we may have had a few sprinkles. Still have to water potted plants today!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Fredericksburg getting pummeled right now, hail, torrential rain, possible tornado touch. Looks like it will go south of us.

NextJen

Raisin cane
A 2nd portion of the storm is heading for Northern Calvert Co. Also pretty strong.
Just got in from the store and the truck unloaded, thankfully, because it has gotten pretty dark and I'm starting to hear rumbles of thunder. Other than that, it is eerily still out.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Drops on my car when I was in Yoga tonight. This week has been a bust for us in PF. 🙄

26m ·
19:42:39STRUCTURE FIRENOTLEY HALL RDCHAPTICOSOUTH VIEW LNCO5 E5 T5 T2 TK7 SMELL SMOKE AND DETECTORS ARE GOING OFF*
19:33:09Wires/Pole Down Transformers38780 BLOSSOM DRGRANDIFLORA CTHELENCO2*POWER LINES INTO TREES AND SPARKING*
19:34:15OUTSIDE FIRE39000 DOCTOR JOHNSON RDLYON LNMORGANZACO2*TREE ON FIRE, LEANING ON TRANSFORMER*
19:29:47Tree Down36400 RYCEVILLE RDTHOMPSON CORNER RDMECHANICSVILLECO2*TREE BLCOKING THE ROAD
19:14:17Tree Down41012 OAKVILLE RDMECHANICSVILLEQUEEN TREE RDB2 BR2 tree completely across road*

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We were pretty much spared by this one. We had a few close strikes and the power browned out several times, but the worst is gone. It could get nasty down county.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We had a lengthy lightning show directly over Leonardtown. Seemed like it would never stop. And the downpour... ☔
I was monitoring lightningmaps.org website. It's crazy to see where the strikes are and waiting for the thunder to reach here. I must've had it minimized it by the time it reached Ltown.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We had a nasty blow thru NW Arkansas just about the same time. Severe lighting, hellacious rain, hail. Rained so hard that two lanes of traffic simply stopped in the middle of the road because we just couldn't see 10 feet.