Nikkos

ontheriver

How about .... The Phone Booth, Picccolo, Shangri-La, Oakwood Lodge, Tall Timbers Tavern (I'm pretty sure it rained every time I went there)?

Grumpy

Tall Timbers Tavern
Buddy of mine's band played down there in the early 70s, thought it was the end of the earth when we drove down there(from PG). Pretty cool place, was good times til about the 3rd visit. A sailor asked the band to play some soul music, lead singer said 'bite my crank, matey'. That was when the fun began..funny, never went back after that.

ontheriver

Buddy of mine's band played down there in the early 70s, thought it was the end of the earth when we drove down there(from PG). Pretty cool place, was good times til about the 3rd visit. A sailor asked the band to play some soul music, lead singer said 'bite my crank, matey'. That was when the fun began..funny, never went back after that.

Late 70's. After a couple of hours the parking lot was an adventure. That's what I heard....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
How about .... The Phone Booth, Picccolo, Shangri-La, Oakwood Lodge, Tall Timbers Tavern (I'm pretty sure it rained every time I went there)?
Yes, remember them all. And a few others, like the Ark and the Dove, Captain Tom's Oar House, The Green Door, Club Rio, Town Creek Marina, Pennie's. Good times. :otter:

ontheriver

I remember my favorite band was Starz.

ontheriver

Yes, remember them all. And a few others, like the Ark and the Dove, Captain Tom's Oar House, The Green Door, Club Rio, Town Creek Marina, Pennie's. Good times. :otter:

All of those except Club Rio. I did go to Town Creek Marina once, but they wouldn't let me bring in the Coke I bought in their vending machine outside. I was the DD that night and the cup of coke with ice was twice as much. I took my passengers and left. Never went back. :diva:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
All of those except Club Rio.

It was the discothèque on GM Road across from the old McDonald's. Hardwood floor, wall of mirrors, DJ booth, and mirror ball. :getdown:

I did go to Town Creek Marina once, but they wouldn't let me bring in the Coke I bought in their vending machine outside. I was the DD that night and the cup of coke with ice was twice as much. I took my passengers and left. Never went back. :diva:
Yeah, Mr. Long and company could be quite the a-holes. :lol:

I met a girl in one of my college classes and she invited to meet her there for taco night. The placed was PACKED. We bonded instantly and spent many a night there, dancing, playing video games, and shooting pool. Still best of friends to this day 40 years later. Lot of water under the bridge now. :cheers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was a teetotaler back in those days.
🤥 You and Dean Martin are soul mates: