No bath tub in house

nutz

The second bathroom is very small and only has a very nice shower (32 x32) in it. I was thinking about taking the (harvest gold 70s) tub out of the main one and putting in a similar walk in shower.
1970s tub, is it cast iron or plain steel. Either way, I would just have someone come in to refinish. About 500 for stripping, reglazing with new drain and overflow trim.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
You would be seriously limiting the re-sale ability if you do not have a bathtub. As mentioned previously, those with infants, small children, elderly, etc. would most likely pass on the opportunity to buy.
Don't forget the doggies, they need baths, too....

lucky_bee

RBF expert
PREMO Member
I vote for at least one tub in the house.

However, if I had to choose, I'd pick a much larger walk-in shower complete with multiple showerheads and a bench. Right now I have a fairly small master shower stall and a huuuuge jetted tub - I'd have been fine with a smaller tub if that would give me a couple more inches towards the shower. But master bath is far down our list of home renovations. We also have a guest bath with a decent tub.

Pete

Repete
I'm too big. Once I get my big ass in a tub there is only enough room for a cup, cup and a half of water or it overflows. Those big garden tub spa things are the #1 waste of money when remodeling.

PeoplesElbow

1970s tub, is it cast iron or plain steel. Either way, I would just have someone come in to refinish. About 500 for stripping, reglazing with new drain and overflow trim.
It is steel, I was going to do the refinishing but I can't get anyone to do it down here in St Marys.

Now part of the reason I am thinking of getting rid of the tub is for a semi-handicapped parent living with me.

nutz

Maryland tub and tile wouldnt come to St. Mary’s? I’m surprised, should be closer than upper Nanjemoy.
Handicap puts a different spin on everything. Steps, handrails, light switches, sink height, toilet height....surprising number of little things that can make life a little easier. So with that in mind, tear out and redo and when ready to sell, tear out and redo.