No place to put the Manure...

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Blah, I've only got three and I'm at a loss with what to do with all the manure accumulating. What is everyone else doing? Can't imagine how all of you with big barns are managing!

Sell it! Honestly. With spring coming around and gardens getting redone, advertise "FREE, SEASONED COMPOST" or something of the like. People will come outta the woodwork and take it away.

Whatever is left over - rent (or buy) a small manure spreader. Hook it up to a 4-wheeler, small truck or something, and spread it through a field. Only do a little bit at a time tho - if you lay down a thick spread it can breed parasites. But you have to do it before the summer heat sets in because the sun beating down on the fresh fertilizer will completely fry your grass.

If none of that is an option - mash down a path and continue to push the wheelbarrow to the very end.

All that poop adds up fast, don't it!? :shocking:

I've got to borrow my father-in-law's truck and trailer and go get a couple loads for the garden once the yard dries out enough to drive on it.

fredsaid2

Sell it! Honestly. With spring coming around and gardens getting redone, advertise "FREE, SEASONED COMPOST" or something of the like. People will come outta the woodwork and take it away.

Whatever is left over - rent (or buy) a small manure spreader. Hook it up to a 4-wheeler, small truck or something, and spread it through a field. Only do a little bit at a time tho - if you lay down a thick spread it can breed parasites. But you have to do it before the summer heat sets in because the sun beating down on the fresh fertilizer will completely fry your grass.

If none of that is an option - mash down a path and continue to push the wheelbarrow to the very end.

All that poop adds up fast, don't it!? :shocking:

I think it's kind of a moot point now that the snow is gone.