Noli's Italian restaurant in L'town

Clem72

Missus and I ate there last night to celebrate her 60th birthday. Two thumbs up...food and service were excellent.
I haven't done the sit-down yet, but I have done takeout twice. The takeout was "okay". Perhaps it's better with the proper ambiance.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I haven't done the sit-down yet, but I have done takeout twice. The takeout was "okay". Perhaps it's better with the proper ambiance.
We'll be going back...missus loves Italian and Noli's is closer than her favorite...Olive Garden. LOL. We'll be trying other menu items....see if our opinion holds up.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Noli’s is great…….real Italian……fresh prepared. Homemade sauces, homemade pizza dough. Italian owner and chef.

Clem72

Noli’s is great…….real Italian……fresh prepared. Homemade sauces, homemade pizza dough. Italian owner and chef.
I'm not sure the ethnicity of the owner or chef matter. Plenty of crap chinese restaurants around here with chinese owners/chefs. I can promise you if I opened an authentic american food restarant and made the sauces it would suck, guaranteed.

And to be fair, as far as chain restaurants go olive garden is above average. It may not be "authentic", but it's every bit as good or better than a ruby tuesdays or applebees.

I did spend a couple months TAD in Long Island once upon a time, found a great mom and pop italian restaurant. Portions so ridiculously large I don't think I ever finished a meal there and I ate there 2-3 times a week. Best coffe I ever had too.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Long Island once upon a time, found a great mom and pop italian restaurant
Hard to find one that is sub-par. If they are, they just don't last long and fold. The one-off mom and pop are just the best. I've got a few that I consistently go back to when I'm up there.