Note to self

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Exactly! The Big 12 is an offensive conference while the SEC is a defensive conference. I just went through the average rank of the offense and defense that they played. Including the FCS team that Bama played at a low rank, Bama played against lesser offenses and better defenses. So their defense wasn't tested as much as Texas's, while Bama's offense played teams similar to UF, but didn't do as well.

If Texas had very similar stats on defense to Bama, playing against tougher offensive opponents, what does that mean??

:lol:

If you are suggesting the Big 12 is equal, even remotely, to the SEC, then you go right ahead. You are taking those stats and internalizing them, arguing that the stats of, say, a given NFC West team against only NFC West teams is in any way comparable to an NFC East team and their stats against just the NFC East.

Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma State

Alabama, Florida, LSU

We'll see. :buddies:

Beta84

They're out to get us
:lol:

If you are suggesting the Big 12 is equal, even remotely, to the SEC, then you go right ahead. You are taking those stats and internalizing them, arguing that the stats of, say, a given NFC West team against only NFC West teams is in any way comparable to an NFC East team and their stats against just the NFC East.

Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma State

Alabama, Florida, LSU

We'll see. :buddies:

Hell no, SEC is the best conference in the nation. But that doesn't make them the best OFFENSIVE conference in the nation. That honor belongs to either the Big 12 or Pac 10. So Texas's defense was probably tested better than Bama's. Their offense, not so much, because the Big 12 doesn't know what defense is.

thurley42

HY;FR
Hell no, SEC is the best conference in the nation. But that doesn't make them the best OFFENSIVE conference in the nation. That honor belongs to either the Big 12 or Pac 10. So Texas's defense was probably tested better than Bama's. Their offense, not so much, because the Big 12 doesn't know what defense is.

well if that's the case you see what a superior defense from an inferior conference did to the premiere Pac 10 offense..

Larry Gude

Strung Out

You are saying that Texas has this great offense from a conference that has no defense yet this great offense was choked nearly to death by a defense from that very same 'no defense' conference.

Or, am I missing something here?

Beta84

They're out to get us
well if that's the case you see what a superior defense from an inferior conference did to the premiere Pac 10 offense..
I was only trying to argue that Texas's defense has played good teams and should be given credit for having a good season. Larry is trying to say that Texas might have high ratings but that their defense can't be considered "stellar". He'd say the same about Ohio State. What say you? :popcorn:

oh and the pac 10, just like the big 12, doesn't play defense. and yes, i mean as a collective whole, i'm sure there is a good pac 10 defense here or there (like arizona).

You are saying that Texas has this great offense from a conference that has no defense yet this great offense was choked nearly to death by a defense from that very same 'no defense' conference.

Or, am I missing something here?

sorry. *most* of the big 12. Nebraska and Texas can play ball on defense.

MissKitty

:dye:

:thewave:

Attachments

• 0107101015.jpg
    0107101015.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 39

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I didn't have any appropriate AL attire for work today since I have to sorta dress up for work but hubby wore his AL polo. It's gonna be a good night...Go Bama!

MissKitty

:banghead:

Bama needs to settle down and actually play.

At least Colt McCoy is out. Now we need to actually get our offense on the field again.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

Bama needs to settle down and actually play.

At least Colt McCoy is out. Now we need to actually get our offense on the field again.

Sounds like McCoy is done. What the hell is up with the Tide? They are playing like the Redskins. :lol:

But that was a nice tackle. :yay:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
This is one TERRIBLE game. I thought Texas would make a game of it. But, McCoy got hurt and Texas put some freshmen out there to throw the game away.

I'm watching Sports Soup on Versus now. That's more entertaining than this crap.