Now I am really bent

Pete

Repete
I just come from getting my camper inspected $60, so I can go pay another $175 for tags. Guess what, because Maine doesn't title trailers and I had the camper in storage since last year I have to pay anothe 5% sales tax on something I already paid 5% on 5 years ago. The kicker is I have to pay 5% on the full value I paid 5 years ago and not the blue book now. :burning:

$780 effing dollars to register a small camper trailer that I already paid $500 to another state already.

This is UFB !!

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
let me guess, you left the navy more than 2 months ago?

maryland probably needs to be sued like florida under hindering interstate commerce... but it might not work since md is hiding behind a penalty vice fl, who just raised the rates if bought in another state.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by SuperGrover
let me guess, you left the navy more than 2 months ago?

maryland probably needs to be sued like florida under hindering interstate commerce... but it might not work since md is hiding behind a penalty vice fl, who just raised the rates if bought in another state.
Yes I did, but I put the camper in storage. Even though I passed the 60 days thay should at least give me credit for the $500 in sales tax I already paid. Pay the $200 difference and be done with it.

She said because it was neter "titled" in my name I have to pay tax on the full sale price from 5 years ago.

:banghead:

I told her Maine does not issue a title for trailers like 10 times. How can I be punished in one state for the rules of another state.

UFB

R

rhumbpunch

Have you tried contacting the Motor veichles folks back in Maine. maybe they can offer some sort of remedy?

MD and the veichles sales tax has bitten many folks. I thought you could tell the MVA folks how much the camper is worth ?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Bought a boat and trailer from a dealer in FL and when I went to register the trailer, I was told the title was the wrong color. I tried to explain that it was a FL title and how the f**k can MD dictate what color paper another state uses. MD only accepets a "National" title form. Had to go back to the trailer manfacturer and have them get a new title on the correct form. Got to sit in my new boat in the driveway for 3 months while this crap went on.

Pete

Repete
The woman at the tag place said, "You need to cvall Maine and have them return your sales tax." :duh: Like that is going to happen !! I bought it in Maine ! I paid the sales tax ! Why is this so effing hard to get? To make me pay sales tax again is effing criminal !!!

J

jmo2676

aps did ur neighbors think something wasnt screwed in ur brain correctly for just sitting in ur boat in ur driveway instead of taking it to the water or did u tell them ahead of time so they didnt have to have weird thoughts going through there brains?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by jmo2676
aps did ur neighbors think something wasnt screwed in ur brain correctly for just sitting in ur boat in ur driveway instead of taking it to the water or did u tell them ahead of time so they didnt have to have weird thoughts going through there brains?

:twitch:

K

Kizzy

:ohwell: I sure hope you and boy have a fantastic trip to despite all the hassle you have had to deal with thus far.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
They figuired something was screwy when I had the wife rock the trailer and spray water from the hose over the bow. Got my kid to stand in back and make motor noises.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by jmo2676

Could u pls spell out ur words? :banghead:

Pete

Repete
OK, I just went out to my truck and rolled the windows up and turned up the radio and screamed my head off while ponding on the stering wheel and I still don't feel any better.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
MD sucks for moving here and registering a car you bought somewhere else. They get away with it by calling it an "Excise" tax vs a sales tax.
Lets hear it for the FREE state.
Still trying to figure out WTH is free

S

Shutterbug

Originally posted by aps45819

Maryland is the Free State? And to think I thought the motto was "If you can dream it, we can tax it...."

I'd better read up on my geography.:smile:

S

Shutterbug

Originally posted by aps45819

Maryland is the Free State? And to think I thought the motto was "If you can dream it, we can tax it...."

I'd better read up on my geography.:smile:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Pete
OK, I just went out to my truck and rolled the windows up and turned up the radio and screamed my head off while ponding on the stering wheel and I still don't feel any better.

:huggy:

Pete

Repete
OK, this whole thing seems to stem form me not having a "title". Even though Maine does not title trailers under 3,000lbs empty weight. So I call Maine DMV, the nice people there said "Yea that sucks, MD is goobered up". So they are sending me a "Letter of verification" with a raised state seal that they claim all states take. Maybe it will get here in time, maybe it won't. So I call Faststop back and say, I have a letter of verification coming from Maine. She says "A what?" :confused: I don't know if this will work but I am not going to let it stop me. I will get a red sticker with an 04 on it and fake the tag before I will buckle under to government sanctioned exstortion.