Now that Dominos has good pizza..

Wenchy

Hot Flash
knowing how well food joints do around here, I'm sure there's plenty of room for a Domino's Pizza in the market. Plus the fact that a lot of folks work in D.C.and come back exhausted -- who doesn't like pizza in 30 min or less? :buddies:

Pizza lovers here. We ordered one last week from Domino's (They can not offer 30 minute delivery...lawsuit years ago) It was okay. We live in California and they do deliver here. Disappointed.

We ordered one a month ago from Pizza Hut. It was delivered an hour later, cold and UNCUT (I have been ordering pizzas for 30 years and the first time one was delivered uncut) We just had to laugh. It took me a few minutes to find our pizza cutter.

Poppa John's seems to have the best delivery and quality when there is no time for pickup or the opportunity to eat-in.

Just my experience.

Delivery is nice.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
The grossest thing I ever saw at a buffet, (and I sheet you not), was at a Golden Corral Restaurant in S.Florida. An older lady, around 70-ish reached over in plain view and picked up some green beans with her crusty-old fingers. She took a bite of the bean, declared they were "not done 'enuf" and then tossed the 1/2-eaten bean back into the bin. I was shocked. I did tell Mgmt what happened and they removed the bin of green beans off of the buffet. They sort of acted like this type of thing occurred frequently. Needless to say I wasn't feel very hungry after that!

You must be a young one. I would have tossed a hand full of green beans at her and then taken the bin to the kitchen reporting her and asking for fresh food.

LadyCoyote

You must be a young one. I would have tossed a hand full of green beans at her and then taken the bin to the kitchen reporting her and asking for fresh food.

You're right!! (I can never think of things like that on the spot -- but I like your idea!) The lady just proceeded down the buffet line and WHO KNOWS what she did to the other foods...probably stuffed her finger into the soufle to see if it was warm. GAG!!

Wenchy

Hot Flash
You're right!! (I can never think of things like that on the spot -- but I like your idea!) The lady just proceeded down the buffet line and WHO KNOWS what she did to the other foods...probably stuffed her finger into the soufle to see if it was warm. GAG!!

Adult food fight in the buffet line!

I would have used a utensil, put them on her plate, and then taken the bin into the kitchen to avoid such a disturbance.

I have never seen such a thing happen, but I would like to think I would not blame the restaurant and blame the slovenly patron instead.

God knows what even happens in the kitchens of the most upscale restaurants.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
We ordered one a month ago from Pizza Hut. It was delivered an hour later, cold and UNCUT (I have been ordering pizzas for 30 years and the first time one was delivered uncut) We just had to laugh. It took me a few minutes to find our pizza cutter.
I would have tossed a hand full of green beans at her and then taken the bin to the kitchen reporting her and asking for fresh food.
Given your attitude in the latter post, I'm surprised your former post did not go the route of tearing into the driver and demanding that (s)he return the pizza immediately. :lol:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Given your attitude in the latter post, I'm surprised your former post did not go the route of tearing into the driver and demanding that (s)he return the pizza immediately. :lol:

My son insisted on the pizza, called for it and paid for it. It was up to him to complain.

He ate it and proclaimed them both okay to horrible :lol:

The drivers both received $5 tips for delivery on top of the delivery charge.

I don't think he will be ordering pizza again in St. Mary's County.

I explained to him it wasn't the deliver gals/guys fault.

Delivery is lacking here.

I really want a good pizza. :frown:

Delivery would be even better.

I've held my tongue up to now, laughing to myself. Having been brought up on the best pies, I find it very funny that chain pizzas are held in such high esteem here. :lol: These chains just cannot hold a candle to an Italian family owned pizzeria in NY/NJ. I've tried all of the local chains here at one time or another over the years, and I'm always disappointed. And I won't even talk about those cardboard things they sell in the freezer section. yuk. I find it such a treat to get a pie when I get back up to NY.

Go ahead, call me a NY snob. I'll live with the insults as long as I know where I can find a good pie. :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've held my tongue up to now, laughing to myself. Having been brought up on the best pies, I find it very funny that chain pizzas are held in such high esteem here. :lol: These chains just cannot hold a candle to an Italian family owned pizzeria in NY/NJ. I've tried all of the local chains here at one time or another over the years, and I'm always disappointed. And I won't even talk about those cardboard things they sell in the freezer section. yuk. I find it such a treat to get a pie when I get back up to NY.

Go ahead, call me a NY snob. I'll live with the insults as long as I know where I can find a good pie. :lol:

Well, Mr. NY Pizzaman - whattsamatta you?! You could bring back some NY Style pizzas with you the next time you go and then have a forum pizza party! :biggrin:

foodcritic

SMIBS don't know what a "pie" is unless it's apple...:killingme Or how a bout a "slice" oh yea now we are talking a nice big hot slice of greasy pizza.

Only place I think is decent is Pizza Hotline in Charlotte Hall. Won't deliver to Ltown. Also I think Ledo's in Ltown is pretty good for chain pizza.

I'll call you a NY snob.
You haven't tasted pizza until you've had pizza in Italy or Sicily.
NY pizza is lacking in comparison... :buddies:

Well, Mr. NY Pizzaman - whattsamatta you?! You could bring back some NY Style pizzas with you the next time you go and then have a forum pizza party! :biggrin:

I've tried that (bringing some down). It's just not the same. :ohwell: Loses something. It has to be eaten burn-the-roof-of-your-mouth hot right out of a stone oven.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
SMIBS don't know what a "pie" is unless it's apple...:killingme Or how a bout a "slice" oh yea now we are talking a nice big hot slice of greasy pizza.

Only place I think is decent is Pizza Hotline in Charlotte Hall. Won't deliver to Ltown. Also I think Ledo's in Ltown is pretty good for chain pizza.

:rolleyes:

I'll call you a NY snob.
You haven't tasted pizza until you've had pizza in Italy or Sicily.
NY pizza is lacking in comparison... :buddies:

:yay: I was very young so I don't remember the name of the pizzaria, but it was in Pozzuoli! (Near where Sophia Loren is from) And it was the BEST pizza ever!!

*sigh* One day I'll get to go back to Naples and re-experience all my Italian food memories...

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Good pizza is hard to be found. It appears Lombardi's is no longer on the boardwalk in OC. They had the best NY style pizza ever. :bawl: Greasy/thin crust and you bought by the slice. Sprinkle on your condiments and gorge!

Do I have to turn back 30 years to get it again?