Now that Dominos has good pizza..

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I've held my tongue up to now, laughing to myself.
I thought it was odd that you had not jumped on this. :lol:

I remember my first NYC slice; big and greasy and beautiful. :lol: Can't remember the place, but it was in Manhattan and it was two stories, which I thought was funny.

I was very young so I don't remember the name of the pizzaria, but it was in Pozzuoli! (Near where Sophia Loren is from) And it was the BEST pizza ever!!
I have an Italian friend who lives there. She has gone into some detail about how their pizzas - among everything else - are better there. :lol: :buddies:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have an Italian friend who lives there. She has gone into some detail about how their pizzas - among everything else - are better there. :lol: :buddies:

My Dad was stationed at the base at Capodichino. We lived in Naples nearly 6 years. First in Arco Felice for a time, and then Fusaro. Now I'm homesick. :bawl:

I remember my first NYC slice; big and greasy and beautiful. :lol: Can't remember the place, but it was in Manhattan and it was two stories, which I thought was funny.

I know the place. Used to have 3 stories.

But that's another story.....

:jet:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Rays Pizza is one of NYC best for tourist and locals but you'd be surprised how many of the local pizza shops throughout the city taste equally awesome! Hands down I think NYC mountain spring water has a positive affect on most all foods made there... :coffee:

thurley42

HY;FR
oh now that we are going nationally Chicago style is where it's at....Gino's east side in Chicago and Pizzalopolis in Greektown Detroit are 2 recent faves...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh blah blah blah. Everyone thinks the pizza or whatever from their home area is best. I, being from a non-pizza hometown, am free to enjoy all styles of pizza!

:diva:

The best pizza, imo, has crust that you could eat by itself and not even miss the toppings. I've never had pizza like that in NYC.

G

Gemmi

I know there aren't any in St. Mary's, but New York J&P Pizza is the best. And they bring you the shakers of parmesan cheese,oregano, and red pepper.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Oh blah blah blah. Everyone thinks the pizza or whatever from their home area is best. I, being from a non-pizza hometown, am free to enjoy all styles of pizza!

:diva:

The best pizza, imo, has crust that you could eat by itself and not even miss the toppings. I've never had pizza like that in NYC.
That's me, I'm no longer ashamed to admit I like the Chef Boyardee box pizza. :yahoo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And they bring you the shakers of parmesan cheese,oregano, and red pepper.

I thought all pizza places did that.

There's a place called Il Forno in Frederick that has outstanding pizza. It's all about the crust, I'm tellin' ya.

G

Gemmi

As far as frozen pizza from the store, California Kitchen Pizza is pretty damn good.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
My Dad was stationed at the base at Capodichino. We lived in Naples nearly 6 years. First in Arco Felice for a time, and then Fusaro.
We've talked some about your time there. I have no idea where those places are or what they are like... but someday. :howdy:

I know the place. Used to have 3 stories.

But that's another story.....

:jet:
:lol:

Now I want pizza for lunch. :ohwell: How about Shakey's? I don't know if they still exist, but I remember going into one regularly (in Ft. Washington) when I was a kid.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As far as frozen pizza from the store, California Kitchen Pizza is pretty damn good.

I'll go for that :yay:

Uno's is the WORST frozen pizza EVER! They really should take that crap off the market until they can get it fixed. Totino's is better than theirs.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Now I want pizza for lunch. :ohwell: How about Shakey's? I don't know if they still exist, but I remember going into one regularly (in Ft. Washington) when I was a kid.
There used to be a Shakey's here in LexPk. It was in the building now occupied by Dr. Wood, the dentist. Across the access road from Ledo's.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I remember Bambino's Pizza in the park... good pizza, but the waitress... don't get me started.
Well if SOME people wouldn't bring every kid in the neighborhood for AYCE pizza night when kids ate free if accompanied by a paying adult...