NYC Rasies Min Wage to $ 15 now wants to make it illegal to 'unfairly' fire employees

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It's hilarious seeing the responses to an idiot you have on ignore, without seeing the ******* making an ass out of himself. I could have 50 people on ignore and still know to whom you all are responding.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You guys really struggle with reality. remember, this ignorance started with gilligan claim that there is no difference between being fired and being laid off. There is a huge difference. Unemployment benefits being one.
And I said before, there is no difference. The words all mean the same thing.

Mr. Boss Man: Mr. Worker, I'm gonna have to lay you off.
Mr. Worker: What!? I'm fired?
Mr. Boss Man: Well Mr. Worker, looking at the company productivity numbers, we just can't support your position any longer.
Mr. Worker: So you're firing me?
Mr. Boss Man: Actually the company has decided to eliminate some positions, yours being one of them.
Mr. Boss Man: When it comes down to it, yes, Mr. Worker, you are being fired. The company has eliminated your position so your services are no longer needed.

So, in reality Gilligan, was/is, and continues to be, in fact, correct. There is no difference in being fired or being laid off. That is, unless you have the mindset of a worker. To a worker, such as yourself, the following words and phrases, RIF (Reduction in Force), furloughed, lay off, laid off, terminated, involuntary separation, forced resignation, probationary period has ended, we're letting you go, we're going to end our relationship at this time, we feel you'd be a better fit at a different company, this isn't working out, you're just not catching on, etc., etc., etc., all means that you have been fired/laid off. It is the reason, the context, behind all those pretexts that matter, not the term used that is defining. To the State, a person is either employed or unemployed. If unemployed and previously employed and submitting a claim, they want to know why you are now unemployed. None of those words matter to them. They were either let go for no cause or cause. If for cause, the reason and severity.

Now, if you were, fired/laid off, under any of the above pretexts for misconduct, stealing from the till, screwing the bosses wife or mistress, or his secretary, swiping extra rolls of TP from the office supply closet for home use, caught putting a video camera in the woman's bathroom stalls, and so forth and so on, well, that is a different kind of being fired/laid off. And that information is given to the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation or (DLLR), by the employer when the bad employee files for an unenjoyment claim to get his/her weekly pittance whilst looking for a new job. So, to clarify, if the worker is, fired/laid off, through no fault of their own, because they are not needed/wanted anymore or made obsolete by some damnable robot or kiosk or HB-1 visa holder from a country with a better education system, the DLLR will immediately process the claim and the worker will get their benefit card, (kinda like an EBT card, but different), and the employers unenjoyment insurance rates go up, usually. If the worker was fired for cause, depending on severity, they get nothing for a short while, (months), or nothing for a long long while, like nearly forever. At least that'll be how it feels to the bad worker. Hell, they might even start selling drugs after they find that last bit out, or even resort to robbery and sh*t like that. Sucks to be them for sure for sure.

I do hope this settles the matter at hand.

Midnightrider

If I may ...

Mr. Boss Man: Well Mr. Worker, looking at the company productivity numbers, we just can't support your position any longer.
Mr. Boss Man: Actually the company has decided to eliminate some positions, yours being one of them.
Mr. Boss Man: When it comes down to it, yes, Mr. Worker, you are being fired. The company has eliminated your position so your services are no longer needed.

So, in reality Gilligan, was/is, and continues to be, in fact, correct. There is no difference in being fired or being laid off. That is, unless you have the mindset of a worker. To a worker, such as yourself, the following words and phrases, RIF (Reduction in Force), furloughed, lay off, laid off, terminated, involuntary separation, forced resignation, probationary period has ended, we're letting you go, we're going to end our relationship at this time, we feel you'd be a better fit at a different company, this isn't working out, you're just not catching on, etc., etc., etc., all means that you have been fired/laid off. It is the reason, the context, behind all those pretexts that matter, not the term used that is defining. To the State, a person is either employed or unemployed. If unemployed and previously employed and submitting a claim, they want to know why you are now unemployed. None of those words matter to them. They were either let go for no cause or cause. If for cause, the reason and severity.

Now, if you were, fired/laid off, under any of the above pretexts for misconduct, stealing from the till, screwing the bosses wife or mistress, or his secretary, swiping extra rolls of TP from the office supply closet for home use, caught putting a video camera in the woman's bathroom stalls, and so forth and so on, well, that is a different kind of being fired/laid off. And that information is given to the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation or (DLLR), by the employer when the bad employee files for an unenjoyment claim to get his/her weekly pittance whilst looking for a new job. So, to clarify, if the worker is, fired/laid off, through no fault of their own, because they are not needed/wanted anymore or made obsolete by some damnable robot or kiosk or HB-1 visa holder from a country with a better education system, the DLLR will immediately process the claim and the worker will get their benefit card, (kinda like an EBT card, but different), and the employers unenjoyment insurance rates go up, usually. If the worker was fired for cause, depending on severity, they get nothing for a short while, (months), or nothing for a long long while, like nearly forever. At least that'll be how it feels to the bad worker. Hell, they might even start selling drugs after they find that last bit out, or even resort to robbery and sh*t like that. Sucks to be them for sure for sure.

That’s as stupid as gilligan, and that is saying something.

If firing and being laid off were the same they would not have different definitions. If they were the same they would be treated the same by unemployment. They aren’t.

stgislander

PREMO Member
If I may ...

I admire your tenacity. What's the old saying about wrestling with a pig?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That’s as stupid as gilligan, and that is saying something.

If firing and being laid off were the same they would not have different definitions. If they were the same they would be treated the same by unemployment. They aren’t.
oh look...the dark one obtusely defending his utter wrongness. Just another day.