Oakridge on Sunday

Pepin

I'll post a note here when all the pics are up. They'll probably go up in stages over the next couple days so check back if you don't see yours yet.

Wasn't that when the wind was kicking up?

Thanks!

The wind was starting a bit, but my giraffe was doing his best job of keeping ME away from the scary cauldron, whilst trying to touch it with his nose. Then he bumped it a bit and nearly jumped out of his skin when it moved! If I'm riding him, he tries to "protect" me by keeping me away from frightening items...reaching out to them with his own nose & arching his back far away from scary things. Now, if I'm on the ground, leading him, he will hide behind me. (Which is a sight to see since neither of us are small.)

That, and the guy (judge) sitting in the woods (by the creek crossing) were the scariest items. The rest were more frustrations and puzzles.

Timber did very well for his first time:biggrin:, I was very proud of him. Especially since I haven't had much of a chance to ride him the past several months.

Tara

ElliesMom

Sounds like that cauldron was a interesting challenge for many, my friend in her aussi saddle on a dark canadian iron horse had quite a fright as well. On the other hand I couldnt get close because my mare 'discovered' it was full of cookies, after that she couldnt care less waht the scary stuff was doing, all she wanted was a mouhfull of cookies! Ellie was a bit bemused by all the humans lurking in the woods though. It was great!

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
Sounds like that cauldron was a interesting challenge for many, my friend in her aussi saddle on a dark canadian iron horse had quite a fright as well. On the other hand I couldnt get close because my mare 'discovered' it was full of cookies, after that she couldnt care less waht the scary stuff was doing, all she wanted was a mouhfull of cookies! Ellie was a bit bemused by all the humans lurking in the woods though. It was great!

I sure wish there had been some humans a couple of time when I lost the trail. Good 'Ol Jed was great leading the way, but I wasn't much of a navigator! I lost sight of the ribbons a couple of times.

Hey Taz, if you were talking about Ruby, she is a chestnut. This might make it a little easier for Loper to find if she has a pic.

It was nice meeting you, Loper and WhoCares.

Loper

Animal Poor!
I sure wish there had been some humans a couple of time when I lost the trail. Good 'Ol Jed was great leading the way, but I wasn't much of a navigator! I lost sight of the ribbons a couple of times.

Hey Taz, if you were talking about Ruby, she is a chestnut. This might make it a little easier for Loper to find if she has a pic.

It was nice meeting you, Loper and WhoCares.

It was nice meeting you as well... :howdy: I din't get any of ruby, she was behind Jed in most of the shots. :lmao: and I was still taking mounting shots as you guys rode... sorry

I met quite a few folk on here yesterday... :howdy:

Loper

Animal Poor!

was your friend in a grey sweatshirt and jeans? you had a guy riding non judged in a green sweatshirt? group of 4 of you?

ElliesMom

Yeah my other friend was on the white arab in the lead and I was on my kinda rotund mare w/ the freeze branded bottom. I always take up the rear cause she lolligags around like a slug! My mare was the one whose head I had to quite physically dislodge from the cookie bowl! LOL I think I may have pulled a small muscle doing that.

Look forward to seeing those pics, you must have got some great stuff!

Loper

Animal Poor!
I worked weekends at Dew Drop Inn for 11 years, I also shot pool league for many many moons

nope, I can't play pool worth a lick and I've never been to Dew Drop... :lmao: dang I hate it when this happens... :lmao: you didn't go to the Fleet Reserve did ya?

jwilley

Walker
nope, I can't play pool worth a lick and I've never been to Dew Drop... :lmao: dang I hate it when this happens... :lmao: you didn't go to the Fleet Reserve did ya?

well I might have walked in there one night if it's located in Lexington Park, but that was it ...we'll figure it out one day..... I am a county girl

Loper

Animal Poor!
Yeah my other friend was on the white arab in the lead and I was on my kinda rotund mare w/ the freeze branded bottom. I always take up the rear cause she lolligags around like a slug! My mare was the one whose head I had to quite physically dislodge from the cookie bowl! LOL I think I may have pulled a small muscle doing that.

Look forward to seeing those pics, you must have got some great stuff!

:howdy: were you #133... :lmao:

navigator

A big thanks to all the riders who participated in the MAHA Benefit Trail Ride for The Snowflake Society. You were a great group and we hope to see you back next year.

Loper

Animal Poor!
A big thanks to all the riders who participated in the MAHA Benefit Trail Ride for The Snowflake Society. You were a great group and we hope to see you back next year.

navigator,
are you affiliated with MAHA or Snowflake? I have an offer to make and don't know who to get in touch with. :howdy:

ElliesMom

Yeah 133, that was me, Had to leave early to releive the sitter. did I win a pretty??? OR
Oh did I do something bad???
Sometimes I just bust out w/ curse words

either way doesnt really matter I had such a good time, if it was cursing I'll just wear a ball gag next time, great fashion accesory.:evil:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Yeah 133, that was me, Had to leave early to releive the sitter. did I win a pretty??? OR
Oh did I do something bad???
Sometimes I just bust out w/ curse words

either way doesnt really matter I had such a good time, if it was cursing I'll just wear a ball gag next time, great fashion accesory.:evil:

:lmao: I was just checking...
got a good butt shot of you reaching over for the treat cauldron though... :whistle: and yes I got you yanking your mares head out of it as well... they'll go up within the hour...

Loper

Animal Poor!
mounting pics are up... some of the cauldron obstacle will go up tonight but not all... I'll get the rest up tomorrow night.
shopping cart will be available after all the pictures are up.