Obama Changes the Declaration of Independence

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
It's funny, I was thinking he looked kind of loopy too.
Liberalism is a confirmed mental disease - perhaps that could explain it.

Or maybe he never gave up these days after all...

Attachments

• obamapot.jpg
    obamapot.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 52

PsyOps

Pixelated
You wing nut Nazis are the most ignorant, straw grasping people I have ever seen. You are definitely over caffeinated, God help this nation!

Proof positive that you progressives aim to rewrite history. You're okay with mistating quotes; especially those that defined this country. You're okay when this president blatantly lies. What else are you okay with Obama removing from our founding documents? Perhaps we can remove "certain unalienable Rights".

Don't think we "ignornat Nazis" aren't on to what is meant by "fundamentally transform" America.

Im not sure he was trying to recite (a portion of) the Declaration of Independence verbatim. It seems to me that he may merely have been trying to paraphrase some or it. So, I wouldn't say that he misquoted it or that he changed it in the sense that he wants it to read differently.

But if he was trying to recite it, he left out a lot more than the word Creator, and actually added or replaced some words - he kinda bungled the whole thing. Words he omitted are in red, words he added are in blue.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable inalienable Rights, that among these are Life and, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

On another note, I think some people mistakenly take the phrase 'their Creator' to necessarily be a reference to God, or a particular religious God. It's always seemed to me that the committee, especially considering that one of its members (as well as the Declaration's primary author) was Jefferson, intentionally used that rather generic reference. They didn't write 'the Creator' or 'God', they wrote 'their Creator', which is a subjective reader defined term - it can refer to the Christian God, the Buddhist God, Nature, Mother Earth, or M-Theory (just to name a few Creators). Many of us that don't conceive of God in a personal sense, but rather as the Universe generally - Nature, the fundamental law of physics, of existence - think of it as our Creator just as surely and as reverently as Christians or Muslims think of God or Allah as their Creator.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Im not sure he was trying to recite (a portion of) the Declaration of Independence verbatim. It seems to me that he may merely have been trying to paraphrase some or it. So, I wouldn't say that he misquoted it or that he changed it in the sense that he wants it to read differently.

But if he was trying to recite it, he left out a lot more than the word Creator, and actually added or replaced some words - he kinda bungled the whole thing. Words he omitted are in red, words he added are in blue.

I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this. Maybe he bungled more than a few words, or maybe he purposely left out a bunch of words because he got flummoxed trying to remember how it went once he decided to free lance and leave out 1 or more words.

Maybe his writers got it wrong - and if so - SHAME ON THEM. AND shame on HIM - because he's a bumbling fool for letting that happen. Whatever. It is still sloppy, careless and still arrogant - because the President of the United States of America should NOT be paraphrasing The Declaration of Independence and passing it off as thought he's reading and/or quoting it verbatim.

On another note, I think some people mistakenly take the phrase 'their Creator' to necessarily be a reference to God, or a particular religious God. It's always seemed to me that the committee, especially considering that one of its members (as well as the Declaration's primary author) was Jefferson, intentionally used that rather generic reference. They didn't write 'the Creator' or 'God', they wrote 'their Creator', which is a subjective reader defined term - it can refer to the Christian God, the Buddhist God, Nature, Mother Earth, or M-Theory (just to name a few Creators). Many of us that don't conceive of God in a personal sense, but rather as the Universe generally - Nature, the fundamental law of physics, of existence - think of it as our Creator just as surely and as reverently as Christians or Muslims think of God or Allah as their Creator.

:yay: I understand it that way.

bcp

In My Opinion
Actually, my first thought was, "His Muslim friends will be upset by that," because to them, Creator = Allah.
And this might be why he was hesitant, and looked uncomfortable at that moment.
To him, the Creator is allah.
Right now since he is under fire for being muslim, he knew even though he really wanted to say creator, he could not, to him it would be a reference to allah and that would not sit well right now since he is trying to pretend that he is not muslim.
He was apprehensive because in his mind he was putting allah to the side instead of bringing him up and praising him for all this country is.

I dont think he left out God as the creator, He left out allah as the creator.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
You wing nut Nazis are the most ignorant, straw grasping people I have ever seen. You are definitely over caffeinated, God help this nation!

Excellent grasp of the problem :yay: Obama sees himself as God

by eliminating "their creator" as the originator of our inalienable rights, he changes the originator of the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" to be the federal government and by extension to himself.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Always willing to give this man the benefit of the doubt. You’re a standup guy :cheers:

Not me. :lol: I find it particularly interesting that this PROGRESSIVE (which most progressives shun the thought of invoking God in the public air) chose to “paraphrase” this document by leaving out the one part that does just that; invokes God or a divine power that each person believes created them or us.

A creator is something that creates something; with a conscience and intelligent effort. A theory is not a creator. Mother Earth is one of those creations in conjunction with man, the creation. What substantiates this creator as some sort of God is quoted in the same document “And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence…”

Divine providence is “God’s activity in this world”. It is apparent that the founders intended that “their Creator” means “their God”.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
You do raise an interesting point. However, you are overlooking the importance of the words he omitted (and the ones he inserted).

Consider the other words he left out: that, they, are, by, their, unalienable, that, among, these, are. NONE of those carry the weight of "Creator" in any perspective. The exception being "unalienable", but that one was merely switched with "inalienable". He made no attempt to substitute "Creator" with anything; he skipped it.

As I delved into, when you add that to his apparent changing body language, I think he made a willful decision.

I have to agree with Bann: if he could not get it right, he should not have tried to use it. He made himself look like an idiot - again.