ok all you cop aplogists explain this ....

R

RadioPatrol

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

7online.com: Yonkers officer accused of brutality 5/30/08

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman in Yonkers has filed a lawsuit after she says she as beaten unconscious by police officer.

And then, she was charged with a crime. And it was all captured on videotape.

Irma Marquez is suing for $11 million. A Yonkers jury acquitted of all charges in early May. Now, she has filed a Federal Civil Rights lawsuit against the Yonkers police officer.

That officers arrested the 44-year-old home health aid after having beaten her unconscious. The violent attack, captured entirely on surveillance video, resulted in Marquez' hospitalization with a fractured jaw, concussion, two black eyes and facial lacerations, as well as bruises and swelling over her neck, torso and numerous other parts of her body.

The videotape, which was reviewed by the Westchester County District Attorney Office's, clearly demonstrates the officer lifting Marquez off her feet and driving her face first into the ceramic tile floor of the restaurant where the incident occurred. Marquez' lawyer claims District Attorney Janet DiFiore proceeded with unjust prosecution of the victim rather than charge the perpetrating officer.

Marquez was allegedly accosted by police when she leaned over to get a better view of the medical assistance being provided to her niece, who was earlier rendered unconscious when struck by another unapprehended assailant while patronizing the La Fonda Restaurant at 57 Palisade Avenue in Yonkers on March 3, 2007.

It is alleged that police Officer Wayne Simoes slammed Marquez to the floor, then handcuffed and charged the unconscious and seriously injured woman with Obstruction of Governmental Administration and Disorderly Conduct. On May 9, 2008 a jury acquitted Marquez of all charges.

"If anyone other than a police officer was caught on tape doing what Officer Simoes did to Irma Marques, they would have rightfully been arrested and prosecuted," Marquez' attorney, Gary Certain, said.

Certain, who represented Marquez in the criminal case and filed the federal lawsuit, added, "This case suggests that Janet DiFiore's Office may not be capable of honestly prosecuting egregious police misconduct."

Explain this away ....

or how about this:

or this :

:razz:

J

jjsmommy99

Sometimes force is needed to apprehend suspects, but come on! These cops went totally overboard! Talk about being ate up over their jobs...and thinking they are temporary god!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
OMG! That was one hard slam!

She slipped, he was just guiding her down. He was fired shortly after the vid was released. Now the tax payers have to deal with the $11 million law suit. Too bad it won't come directly out of his pocket.

camily

Peace
She slipped, he was just guiding her down. He was fired shortly after the vid was released. Now the tax payers have to deal with the $11 million law suit. Too bad it won't come directly out of his pocket.

That was crazy. As for the third video, that may have been excessive, but he was breaking into an elderly persons home in attempt to rob them. I don't have so much compassion for him.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
That was crazy. As for the third video, that may have been excessive, but he was breaking into an elderly persons home in attempt to rob them. I don't have so much compassion for him.

I can only comment about the vid of the woman getting slammed. I can't see the other videos.

R

RadioPatrol

She was wearing his ass out with that baton ............. :doh:

Mdcopswife

Boss Lady
It is what it is. The officers were wrong. Proper action needs to be taken against them, I agree. Now why is it you only bring up the bad. Why not show videos of officers saving lives, doing good things for the public they serve. I agree there are bad apples out there, no denying it. There are also good ones who dont deserve to be labled because of these few bad apples.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If we...

...had judges and lawyers who held criminals responsible for their actions and juries that took the same view, there would not be so much pressure on cops.

Too much pressure; people snap.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I don't see anything wrong with the last video, looks like he was trying to run and she used necessary force to get him to comply. I wonder how gentle this piece of trash was going to be with the elderly victim had he gotten inside the home???

R

RadioPatrol

It is what it is. The officers were wrong. Proper action needs to be taken against them, I agree. Now why is it you only bring up the bad. Why not show videos of officers saving lives, doing good things for the public they serve. I agree there are bad apples out there, no denying it. There are also good ones who don't deserve to be labeled because of these few bad apples.

Because Unfortunately no one catches Police Officers doing their job well .... :patriot:

only when a bad apple screws up ... :pete:

seems to be more and more bad apples .....
somewhere the standards got lowered to met Quotas .... :elaine:
I know DC had this problem in the early 90's .... :jameo:

:snacks:

PIMP Gets A Smack Down by a Martial Arts Instructor

elbow to the jaw ..... :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RadioPatrol

...had judges and lawyers who held criminals responsible for their actions and juries that took the same view, there would not be so much pressure on cops.

Too much pressure; people snap.

Yeah Thats for sure .... 'effiing judges kept the violent felons in jail ... and quit filling them with non violent offenders ....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Yeah Thats for sure .... 'effiing judges kept the violent felons in jail ... and quit filling them with non violent offenders ....

...that and cops have to be so wary of procedures and policies and caution yet they know they're always a few seconds from someone getting the drop on them. It's just a lot of pressure and they're always the bad guy. People actually think the cops in New York wanted to kill, wanted to shoot up that car and take that grooms life. They think cops actually wanted to and enjoyed beating the crap out of Rodney King. There are, obviously, bad cops, but our system is not designed to make their job any easier or safer.

Mdcopswife

Boss Lady
Because Unfortunately no one catches Police Officers doing their job well .... :patriot:

only when a bad apple screws up ... :pete:

seems to be more and more bad apples .....
somewhere the standards got lowered to met Quotas .... :elaine:
I know DC had this problem in the early 90's .... :jameo:

:snacks:

A short time ago PG started hiring anyone and everyone. Good ol Jack needed to have more officers on the force so that the builders could continue to build all the homes and mini malls. So they recruited crappy officers. It is so bad for my husband that he is going to try and transfer to another unit. His feeling is that these (bad apples) are supposed to be his back up in the event something happens and in his words they are “lazy pieces of shyt”.

R

RadioPatrol

A short time ago PG started hiring anyone and everyone. Good ol Jack needed to have more officers on the force so that the builders could continue to build all the homes and mini malls. So they recruited crappy officers. It is so bad for my husband that he is going to try and transfer to another unit. His feeling is that these (bad apples) are supposed to be his back up in the event something happens and in his words they are “lazy pieces of shyt”.

Sounds like your hubby is in a bad way, can he really depend on some "slot filling lazy POS" to cover his back ............ :flowers:

PG has had its share of prize winners as well ....

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
...that and cops have to be so wary of procedures and policies and caution yet they know they're always a few seconds from someone getting the drop on them. It's just a lot of pressure and they're always the bad guy. People actually think the cops in New York wanted to kill, wanted to shoot up that car and take that grooms life. They think cops actually wanted to and enjoyed beating the crap out of Rodney King. There are, obviously, bad cops, but our system is not designed to make their job any easier or safer.

I agree with that too, judges need to get tough on these violent offenders and keep them in jail for an extended amount of time, then less chance of them being repeat offenders. This makes cops job easier and keeps the chances of a violent encounter lesser.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

Wayne Curry did the same thing in the fire dept. back around 2000 I think. A bunch a new firefighters that were hired and then fired, brought a class action suit against PG and won their jobs back. Curry claimed he wanted more "local" paid fire fighters, but we all know what that means especially when they were hiring minorities that had much lower scores on the battery of tests.