OK.... Time to Panic!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
US facing butter shortage ahead of holidays

Butter prices in August rose 24.6%

America is facing a butter shortage right before the holiday season.

According to data from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the amount of butter sitting in U.S. storage facilities in August fell 10% month-over-month. However, it was down 22% compared to the same time a year ago.

For example, there was over 282 million pounds of butter in warehouses last month, down from over 362 million pounds in August 2021, according to data compiled by the USDA.

The Agriculture Marketing Service's recent Dairy Market News report shows supplies are tight around the nation. In the report, officials say demand is outpacing supplies in the West, where producers are running reduced production schedules.

Meanwhile, butter makers in the Midwest say "spot loads of cream are very tight to unavailable" and "in the Northeast, retail butter demand is picking up, but tight inventories are causing some producers to regulate supplies across existing orders," according to the report.

:jameo: :cds: :jameo: :cds: :jameo:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Kyle, that's pretty shoddy reporting. Details were omitted, of course I didn't read much of it, but for instance:

I don't know the answers to your other questions but my suspicions are that it is a Neo-Vegan-Democrat Plot to make people turn to that disgusting margarine ####! :tantrum

DaSDGuy

I don't know the answers to your other questions but my suspicions are that it is a Neo-Vegan-Democrat Plot to make people turn to that disgusting margarine ####! :tantrum
What? No lgbtqia2s+ jokes about Crisco usage?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BOP

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Kyle, that's pretty shoddy reporting. Details were omitted, of course I didn't read much of it, but for instance:

Are bovines withholding milk?
Are they unionized?
Ever consider milking bulls?
Will children, minorities and marginalized POC's suffer more?
What impact did Ian have on this?
Will Kamala's "equity of shortages" be in the forefront?
Can we, as a people, consider rationing or possibly have odd and even days like the gas shortage in 1972?
Dr Fauci's mandates?
Will this have any impact on Climate Change?
Only the vaccinated can purchase butter is the next step obviously.

On the dark web there is a black market butter site Needaluap.com.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
US facing butter shortage ahead of holidays

Butter prices in August rose 24.6%

America is facing a butter shortage right before the holiday season.

According to data from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the amount of butter sitting in U.S. storage facilities in August fell 10% month-over-month. However, it was down 22% compared to the same time a year ago.

For example, there was over 282 million pounds of butter in warehouses last month, down from over 362 million pounds in August 2021, according to data compiled by the USDA.

The Agriculture Marketing Service's recent Dairy Market News report shows supplies are tight around the nation. In the report, officials say demand is outpacing supplies in the West, where producers are running reduced production schedules.

Meanwhile, butter makers in the Midwest say "spot loads of cream are very tight to unavailable" and "in the Northeast, retail butter demand is picking up, but tight inventories are causing some producers to regulate supplies across existing orders," according to the report.

:jameo: :cds: :jameo: :cds: :jameo:
Ok, so has anyone actually seen a butter shortage this holiday? I've seen ample supplies everywhere.

How many did like me, and stock up when they read this originally?

Was this another bogus panic, fear mongering media event to justify the raising of prices?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Ok, so has anyone actually seen a butter shortage this holiday? I've seen ample supplies everywhere.

How many did like me, and stock up when they read this originally?

Was this another bogus panic, fear mongering media event to justify the raising of prices?
Had no problem getting butter, but finding Heavy cream for those "heart attack on a plate" dishes was impossible in Northern Calvert in the days before Christmas. Perhaps it was a combination of supply issues and hoarding. I complain but then feel guilty about it as we haven't had to cope with rationing to the extent that it was prevalent in World War 2.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Finding unsalted butter has been harder to find in stock. Especially on the generic brands.
Had to find some of that. It is what my wife used to make the baklava.
She found some at Weis on Great Mills.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

On the plus side gas is heading up again. Yes, Dementia Joe did this! FJB!

Excellent. I got tired of saving money and using the savings to buy butter anyway. Now I'll just have to accept that I'm contributing to the increased profitability of the oil companies. Time to buy more oil stocks?

Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

For your consideration ...

Excellent. I got tired of saving money and using the savings to buy butter anyway. Now I'll just have to accept that I'm contributing to the increased profitability of the oil companies. Time to buy more oil stocks?
Whatever it takes to throw the bastards out in 2 years.