Ok, writer's strike has hit home

SamSpade

And it means, no new shows - mostly - no new seasons of old shows - and that goes for streaming as well.

SOME shows are back - wife and I liked "Transplant" - about a Syrian doctor trained as a medic in war - now working in Toronto.
However, it's Canadian and so, no strike.

We've taken up old shows on Netflix and Prime that we hadn't watched before. I do recommend Bosch and Bosch Legacy, both on Prime.
We just finished Lupin (on Netflix) and the Lincoln Lawyer and Who Is Erin Carter and In the Dark.

Any ones you have FOUND *recently*?

Clem72

And it means, no new shows - mostly - no new seasons of old shows - and that goes for streaming as well.

SOME shows are back - wife and I liked "Transplant" - about a Syrian doctor trained as a medic in war - now working in Toronto.

We've taken up old shows on Netflix and Prime that we hadn't watched before. I do recommend Bosch and Bosch Legacy, both on Prime.
We just finished Lupin (on Netflix) and the Lincoln Lawyer and Who Is Erin Carter and In the Dark.

McHale's Navy (TV show, not movie) is on Amazon Prime, I think Ice Station Zebra as well. That will keep you busy for a 3 day weekend.

DaSDGuy

9 seasons of 24 on Hulu.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't really like any new shows anyway. Tonight I'm going to start rewatching Breaking Bad.

If you haven't seen "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon, let me recommend it. :yay:
"Breaking Bad" is on my next up list! "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also loved "The Handmaid's Tale" which was very interesting and well-acted. I also loved "The Wire", "Fleabag", and "Orange Is The New Black."

Clem72

Might try to watch twin peaks. Keep hearing it's good, then I watch the first couple episodes and then get sidetracked and forget about it.

SamSpade

"Breaking Bad" is on my next up list! "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also loved "The Handmaid's Tale" which was very interesting and well-acted. I also loved "The Wire", "Fleabag", and "Orange Is The New Black."
We made it through two seasons of Breaking Bad before we just said, nope. Not for us.
The Wire took just three or four episodes before we just got bored with it. Ditto Orange.

MIGHT try Maisel.

We've noticed - if the pilot episode doesn't draw us in, it's toast. It HAS to have SOME pull. IT is the thing that makes you say, ok, I'm in.

I do have to admit, the best way to get us into it are those little teasers that Netflix shows to get you interested.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I really dont like lawyer and detective shows because they tend to repeat plots over and over but I tried to give Boston Legal a shot because of a lot of recommendations.

Managed to get through about 10 episodes before I said enough.

I'm trying to give Leverage about 8-10 to see if it gets better.

SamSpade

I really dont like lawyer and detective shows because they tend to repeat plots over and over but I tried to give Boston Legal a shot because of a lot of recommendations.

I liked Leverage - but you have to get past the fact that it is just plain silly. No one would fall for their cons. The only time I think they're clever is when they ANTICIPATE that people will see through them.

There's also the "new" Leverage:Redemption.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

See, and I loved Boston Legal. William Shatner AND James Spader - yes please!