Okay, I quit!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nah, sike. But here's the story:

Cunningham Falls State Park.

I have no intention of actually *camping* and I thought I made that clear, but apparently not. I don't want to live in a "camper", I want to live in a motorhome - heavy emphasis on the "home" part.

We roll into CFSP, with no reservation mind you because they don't take reservations after like Sept 15. As you might expect, they were full. So they sent us down the road to another campground that is a bit more primitive. And by "a bit", I mean a freaking #### ton lot ugh OMG getmetheeffouttahere. (Actually it's very beautiful and had I been expecting it I wouldn't have had the fit I had. But it's a loser because....there's no water hookup. Yes, I am staying in the woods with NO RUNNING WATER!!!) But the bath house is really nice - cleaner than my own bathroom and they have private showers, which is nice. Too bad you have to walk down a snake infested pitch black trail to get to it.

I have a great internet signal, as you can see, but yeah..no water. Color me gone baby gone. I didn't work all these years and build a business so I could live in a place with no running water.

A quick call to the Gettysburg KOA put the smile back on my face. We will spend one more day here, then back to pretending we're civilized. Tomorrow we'll hit the falls and enjoy nature. Monello can eat some tree bark and commune with nature, or whatever it is that he likes to do that I don't. Because after that we will be in the concrete campground that is my natural habitat.

:yahoo:

And because I cried and he felt bad, he took me to Chubby's tonight for the best ribs and burnt ends in the USA (sorry, Texas), and Yuengling on tap. The leftovers will console me for breakfast.

So yeah, state parks will be a treat for him in exchange for putting up with my crap. Our main home will be civilized campgrounds. Where we've made a reservation beforehand.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Your honesty, vrai, is refreshing and hilarious! I have always loved your posts; well, most of them. :lol: You will get used to it. I have camped a lot in my life from Girl Scouts on, and hub is a wilderness guy. I saw someone, lately, posted about elk hunting in CO. My hub likes to do that 2 weeks at a time on horseback. Sheesh. I have a brother building a disaster proof compound in middle TX. I come from a long line of survivalists. You will do great! Maybe, more of us should be doing what y'all are doing.

Edit: On one of my hub's wilderness elk hunts years ago, his horse spooked and he fell off and broke his arm. He just kept on going until he got medical help three days later! Ooh rah! :faint:

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Cunningham Falls State Park.

I have no intention of actually *camping* and I thought I made that clear, but apparently not. I don't want to live in a "camper", I want to live in a motorhome - heavy emphasis on the "home" part.

We roll into CFSP, with no reservation mind you because they don't take reservations after like Sept 15. As you might expect, they were full. So they sent us down the road to another campground that is a bit more primitive. And by "a bit", I mean a freaking #### ton lot ugh OMG getmetheeffouttahere. (Actually it's very beautiful and had I been expecting it I wouldn't have had the fit I had. But it's a loser because....there's no water hookup. Yes, I am staying in the woods with NO RUNNING WATER!!!) But the bath house is really nice - cleaner than my own bathroom and they have private showers, which is nice. Too bad you have to walk down a snake infested pitch black trail to get to it.

I have a great internet signal, as you can see, but yeah..no water. Color me gone baby gone. I didn't work all these years and build a business so I could live in a place with no running water.

A quick call to the Gettysburg KOA put the smile back on my face. We will spend one more day here, then back to pretending we're civilized. Tomorrow we'll hit the falls and enjoy nature. Monello can eat some tree bark and commune with nature, or whatever it is that he likes to do that I don't. Because after that we will be in the concrete campground that is my natural habitat.

:yahoo:

And because I cried and he felt bad, he took me to Chubby's tonight for the best ribs and burnt ends in the USA (sorry, Texas), and Yuengling on tap. The leftovers will console me for breakfast.

So yeah, state parks will be a treat for him in exchange for putting up with my crap. Our main home will be civilized campgrounds. Where we've made a reservation beforehand.

OMG. Yeah, wow!!! Low Estrogen Bann is totally with you about the reservation thingy! :)jameo: Danger,Will Robinson!) I like to know things are all set. (I know - I have a problem just winging it...)

Maybe when you get out on the RV trail, you can just plan to arrive on a Thursday to the places/state parks that don't do reservations between certain months? I wonder if that would beat the weekender crowds?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are a few creature comforts I require. We are not savages here.

This morning is quite lovely. It's that crisp fall weather that you associate with outdoor things. Got up around 6am and walked the dog; then got my work things done and took a shower. Made breakfast, and now I'm sitting outside enjoying my coffee.

But do not mistake my good nature to mean that I'm now okay with dry camping, because I'M NOT!

General Lee

Vrai - Do you guys not fill up the fresh water tank on the motorhome? I know its added weight for traveling but you'd have "running water" for some conveniences. Quick showers in a pinch, hand washing, toilet flushes. I'm assuming they didn't have sewer hookup as well?

PJay

"Camping" "Boondocking" are two things I wish never to have to do again. Some RV parks are creepy and dirty, and honestly, the people staying there frighten me more than snakes. Good safe areas when in need? Rest stops and Walmart parking lots.

Adding: Parked one night church parking lot.

Last edited:

PJay

Vrai - Do you guys not fill up the fresh water tank on the motorhome? I know its added weight for traveling but you'd have "running water" for some conveniences. Quick showers in a pinch, hand washing, toilet flushes. I'm assuming they didn't have sewer hookup as well?

Wondered this too. But, still not the same as being hooked up. Generators are loud and the water pump sounds like a jackhammer being used on a New York city street. I almost jumped out of my skin the first time I heard it.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Yes, I am staying in the woods with NO RUNNING WATER!!!)

what is the deal with 'running water'
doesn't the RV have its own supply, don't you carry a couple of 5 gal jugs of water - ya know in case of emergency

Oh Right 'RV' life :doh: ... not camping

... I went camping and 4 wheeling all over WV.

camper.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We travel empty and have several gallons of water onboard. I was being a baby, I admit it. :jet: It hasn't been too bad, but I still want hookups.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This "camping rig" ( the 3/4-ton pickup bed trailer) has been everywhere up and down the coast over the last 15 years or so. "Tent Camping", yes, but certainly not "roughing it" either. That trailer is jam-packed with a complete field kitchen, all manner of tents, awnings, EZ-ups, campfire accessories, propane-fired slow cooker, grill, waffle maker, stoves, a Honda generator...

But it is a lot more work than simply pulling in a spot with an RV and connecting a couple lines. :huggy:

(And funny ting..in the background you can see our Winnebago Chieftain motorhome...that we took on the road maybe three times in all those years.)

Rolling out.jpg

Last edited: