Okay, Trump is my new hero

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...and your point is? I don't see how the article you quote relates to what I said. :shrug:

maybe I should have quoted myself, it goes back to my point about not trusting Trump

Trump supporters have excused his flip-flops (something they would have never done for Mitt Romney) on issues like abortion and guns. Trump supporters have ignored his current faults, including his continuing defense of single-payer healthcare. Trump supporters have also ignored his personal and business failings, including but not limited to: his fake brand of Christianity, his three marriages, his four bankruptcies, his four draft deferments, his use of eminent domain, and his unabashed buying-off of politicians (including the Clintons).

[this is not directed @ you, persea]

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
maybe I should have quoted myself, it goes back to my point about not trusting Trump

[this is not directed @ you, persea]

"Trump supporters have also ignored his personal and business failings, including but not limited to: his fake brand of Christianity"

Fake brand of Christianity? Really? I automatically stop reading and taking anything the when I read crap like that. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Trump supporters have also ignored his personal and business failings, including but not limited to: his fake brand of Christianity"

Fake brand of Christianity? Really? I automatically stop reading and taking anything the when I read crap like that. :yay:

I think it is fair to say that there isn't much reading going on about Trump on any meaningful level. There can't be or he'd have never gotten this far. He is simply a guy who has set up his booth and is waving his arms, singing his song and riding his pony as his dog barks the loudest.

He sees a market, unhappy voters, and, as the song says, "If you say here's my plan! somebody will follow just because it's free..."

:shrug:

This_person

Primarily because, it seems, it is HIS stand. He is not much indebted to a party.

I will admit that for me, personally, that is about the only thing he has going for him. He is not beholden to anyone outside of gaining votes to get the ability to do the job he is asking for. Well, that, and he admits when he doesn't know something.

That said, he's also an overtly arrogant man who is likely, in my opinion, to not be worse but not be better than the politicians. To accomplish anything he would need to work with the parties involved (get something through Congress). His ego, as demonstrated by Obama in one direction and Clinton in the other, makes that very unlikely. When Clinton went humble and we had a conservative bent in charge of the House, we got a balanced budget. Obama hasn't signed a single appropriations bill in nigh on 6 years. (Yes, I'm intentionally leaving Bush out of the discussion, and I hope you will follow suit.) And, his naivety on foreign affairs issues is unlikely to make things worse than the last 14 years, but also unlikely to make things better. If John Huntsman endorsed him, strongly implying who the next Sec State would be, I might rethink that. If Judd Gregg endorsed him, strongly implying who the next Sec Treasury would be, I might rethink that. Until then, he's just a rich guy with a huge ego that he's paying to get stroked by the national media, and people who follow The Real Housewives and 19 Wives and Counting and I'm Cait and all that are agog of someone who is willing to be un-politic in a politic world. I find it increasingly difficult to believe that people outside of those who elect cats as mayor will actually put on a ballot that Trump should be the titular head of our government.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I To accomplish anything he would need to work with the parties involved (get something through Congress). t.

Depends. Again, if he sees his success as being the success of the middle class, reduction of debt, increase in income, general increase in well being, return of the idea that our kids will likely have better lives, then, he can keep up the bully routine because people will remain responsive to him.

Reduce immigrants, thereby increasing wages by reducing supply.
Make China treat us like the customer.

I mean, it's daunting and I think he's just about himself in the narrowest sense, but hey, why not play along? We got nothing better going with our love of the too big to fail status quo.

This_person

Depends. Again, if he sees his success as being the success of the middle class, reduction of debt, increase in income, general increase in well being, return of the idea that our kids will likely have better lives, then, he can keep up the bully routine because people will remain responsive to him.

Reduce immigrants, thereby increasing wages by reducing supply.
Make China treat us like the customer.

I mean, it's daunting and I think he's just about himself in the narrowest sense, but hey, why not play along? We got nothing better going with our love of the too big to fail status quo.

I'm not suggesting his rhetoric won't help him win. I'm suggesting his rhetoric will make it nearly impossible to accomplish anything towards those ends. Unless he rules with a pen and a phone, a la HRH Obama, he will have no effect on anything he seeks to change.

Chris0nllyn

“Republicans didn’t have anything going for them with respect to Latinos and with respect to Asians,”

“The Democrats didn’t have a policy for dealing with illegal immigrants, but what they did have going for them is they weren’t mean-spirited about it,” ..... “They didn’t know what the policy was, but what they were is they were kind.”

“He had a crazy policy of self deportation which was maniacal,” .... “It sounded as bad as it was, and he lost all of the Latino vote,” .... “He lost the Asian vote. He lost everybody who is inspired to come into this country.”

“...to take care of this incredible problem that we have with respect to immigration, with respect to people wanting to be wonderful productive citizens of this country,”

Guess who said all that, just 2 years ago when discussing Mitt Romney's self-deportation idea.......

Donald Trump

“I mean, Donald can be totally outrageous, but outrageous in a wonderful way that gets him coverage,” Foerderer says. “That persona sells his licensed products and his condominiums. You know Donald’s never been shy, and justifiably so, in talking about how wonderful his buildings or his golf clubs are.”
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Donald-Trump-Ronald-Kessler/2012/11/26/id/465363/

May as well call some of you fish, because he's got you hook, line, and sinker.

Hijinx

Well now Rosie O'Donnell has said that if Trump is elected she will leave America.

That right there is enough reason for me to vote for him--If__ he sticks around for the finish.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not suggesting his rhetoric won't help him win. I'm suggesting his rhetoric will make it nearly impossible to accomplish anything towards those ends. Unless he rules with a pen and a phone, a la HRH Obama, he will have no effect on anything he seeks to change.

Totally disagree. If he wins, that means adapt or die to both parties. Most elected 'leaders' are not real big on falling on the sword for the party when it comes to losing the job