Okay, Trump is my new hero

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Nope, but they do appoint Supreme Court Justices

True. However, we know that even Republican appointed judges can vote more Liberal once on the bench.

Still, I am not a one issue voter.

This_person

Did you even see what started the incident? Ramos was disrupting the press conference. Trump called on one of the reporters to ask a question and Ramos stood up and started running his mouth and wouldn't sit down. Trump told him several times that he had not been called on, but Ramos kept shouting that he had a right to speak, and kept it up until he was finally kicked out.

So I do not believe Ramos was treated "disrespectfully" at all. HE was the disrespectful one who tried to take over the press conference and wouldn't let the other reporters ask questions. I'm shocked that anyone would look at that video and think Trump was in the wrong for having Ramos removed. If you think that, the only reason is because you hate Trump and want to find fault with him. That is the ONLY reason.
I did see that. I even mentioned that I thought the reporter acted wrong first, and then acted offended when called on it.

I don't hate Trump. I am in absolutely no way convinced he should be our president, but I don't hate him. He's an entertainer doing what entertainers do. He's a narcissist doing what narcissists do. But, neither of those things justify hate.

I just think that a person worthy of the role of president can do something more creative and constructive than having a body guard remove a reputable reporter from the room for asking questions out of turn. I agree the reporter was wrong and said so, but I still think the response was disrespectful (in a staged, intentional way).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
True. However, we know that even Republican appointed judges can vote more Liberal once on the bench.

Still, I am not a one issue voter.

:yay:

I mostly am, as long as Citizens have a means to defend themselves against a tyrannical Gov. the rest of this stuff can be balanced out
otherwise guys like Vasily Mikhailovich Blokhin put a pistol to the back of your head and you die in a dark basement somewhere, and are buried in an unmarked grave

remember Chicago ran a black site at Homan Square with its police dept. if you think I am paranoid

The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site'

• Keeping arrestees out of official booking databases.
  • Beating by police, resulting in head wounds.
  • Shackling for prolonged periods.
  • Denying attorneys access to the “secure” facility.
  • Holding people without legal counsel for between 12 and 24 hours, including people as young as 15.

The secretive warehouse is the latest example of Chicago police practices that echo the much-criticized detention abuses of the US war on terrorism. While those abuses impacted people overseas, Homan Square – said to house military-style vehicles, interrogation cells and even a cage – trains its focus on Americans, most often poor, black and brown.

Unlike a precinct, no one taken to Homan Square is said to be booked. Witnesses, suspects or other Chicagoans who end up inside do not appear to have a public, searchable record entered into a database indicating where they are, as happens when someone is booked at a precinct. Lawyers and relatives insist there is no way of finding their whereabouts. Those lawyers who have attempted to gain access to Homan Square are most often turned away, even as their clients remain in custody inside.

“It’s sort of an open secret among attorneys that regularly make police station visits, this place – if you can’t find a client in the system, odds are they’re there,” said Chicago lawyer Julia Bartmes.

Chicago civil-rights attorney Flint Taylor said Homan Square represented a routinization of a notorious practice in local police work that violates the fifth and sixth amendments of the constitution.

at least on guy died there after a beating ...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just think that a person worthy of the role of president can do something more creative and constructive than having a body guard remove a reputable reporter from the room for asking questions out of turn. I agree the reporter was wrong and said so, but I still think the response was disrespectful (in a staged, intentional way).

He wasn't really a "body guard", more just event security to take care of anyone who causes a disturbance. Like Jorge Ramos.

So what do you think should happen to arrogant "reporters" (although Ramos is more of an activist than a reporter) who try to take over press conferences with their rantings? Just let them have the floor? Do like Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley and leave? At what point should activist protesters be thrown out of press conferences that they're trying to derail?

Oh, and Ramos isn't a "reputable" reporter - he's a Mexican activist for illegal immigrants (whose daughter works as a campaign aide for Hillary Clinton, btw) who happens to work for Spanish language Univison.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I know right? I mean how can a billionaire make such a claim. :rolleyes:

:sarcasm: <------------- :forbann:

You know he didnt, yes? The art of the deal is leveraging other people's money, owing too much to the banks for them to let you fail, using your brand as collateral.

That should be common knowledge for anyone interested in trump. Further, for anyone who thinks he'd make a good president that's not even a bad thing. His record shows that, assuming he is sincere, he'd be expected to continue that and get others, China primarily, to start putting their dough into the game. I suppose folks feel insecure about supporting him so that any comment is going to automatically, unless it is overt praise, make folks reflexively defensive.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So what do you think should happen to arrogant "reporters" (although Ramos is more of an activist than a reporter) who try to take over press conferences with their rantings? Just let them have the floor? Do like Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley and leave?

Notice how the #BLM crowd DON'T interrupt his press conference & speeches. School yard bullies always seek out the weaker of the crowd.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Oh, and Ramos isn't a "reputable" reporter - he's a Mexican activist for illegal immigrants (whose daughter works as a campaign aide for Hillary Clinton, btw) who happens to work for Spanish language Univison.

How conveeeeeeenient!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I did see that. I even mentioned that I thought the reporter acted wrong first, and then acted offended when called on it.

I don't hate Trump. I am in absolutely no way convinced he should be our president, but I don't hate him. He's an entertainer doing what entertainers do. He's a narcissist doing what narcissists do. But, neither of those things justify hate.

Trump is a sales guy. He sells one product.

Trump.

:shrug:

That could be the best thing, ever, if he finds selling that product aligned with promoting the general welfare. Or the worst.

Hijinx

Trump is a sales guy. He sells one product.

Trump.

:shrug:

That could be the best thing, ever, if he finds selling that product aligned with promoting the general welfare. Or the worst.

Maybe Bernie Sanders should watch Trump and learn how to deal with interruptions instead of running away.

Okay, Trump is my new hero because he has nhboy furiously posting thread after thread that makes me realize what little thought nhboy puts into comprehending what he's posting. Most of what he's posting is actually making Trump look better and better...:lmao: