Oklahoma Man Uses AR-15 to Kill Three Teen Home Intruders

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight

Boo Hoo. Whaaaaaa. Grand pappy is butt hurt. This is what is wrong with this nation. To me the shooter is a hero that protected everyone in the home from who knows what sort of harm. Pappy is the poster child of stupidity.

Ain't gonna steal no mo, that's for sure.

Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of Jacob Redfearn, says his grandson made a bad choice but didn’t deserve to die. “What these three boys did was stupid,” said Leroy Schumacher to ABC News. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”
Schumacher complains that it wasn’t a fair fight and his grandson didn’t have a chance to defend himself… while breaking into another man’s home and attempting to rob him. “Brass knuckles against an AR-15, come on, who was afraid for their life,” he continued.

Turn the tables on criminals and listen to the irony

officeguy

Why should it be a 'fair fight' between an armed home invader and the homeowner. The homeowner should be allowed to use and RPG if he deems it necessary and it wouldn't change the basic issue: Dont break into someones home --> dont get shot.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why should it be a 'fair fight' between an armed home invader and the homeowner. The homeowner should be allowed to use and RPG if he deems it necessary and it wouldn't change the basic issue: Dont break into someones home --> dont get shot.

The question has to be asked when someone says this;
“What these three boys did was stupid,” said Leroy Schumacher to ABC News. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”
Schumacher complains that it wasn’t a fair fight and his grandson didn’t have a chance to defend himself… while breaking into another man’s home and attempting to rob him. “Brass knuckles against an AR-15, come on, who was afraid for their life,”

Q: When someone breaks into your home, in what way, shape or form is it incumbent on the homeowner, the one being invaded, the one being surprised, the one being shocked with this crime to be, in any way, thinking about ANYTHING but the moment at hand? The fear? The cluelessness of knowing the invaders intentions or weaponry? When you attack another, how can it be ANY other way than you MUST be responsible for the immediate reaction that follows?

SamSpade

Q: When someone breaks into your home, in what way, shape or form is it incumbent on the homeowner, the one being invaded, the one being surprised, the one being shocked with this crime to be, in any way, thinking about ANYTHING but the moment at hand? The fear? The cluelessness of knowing the invaders intentions or weaponry? When you attack another, how can it be ANY other way than you MUST be responsible for the immediate reaction that follows?

And I am thinking - three hooded people smash the glass on my back door, one comes in brandishing a knife and another brass knuckles....there's THREE of them and there's one of me - and I'm supposed to think yeah, a gun might be overkill. A fair fight - geez, three guys bust into a place and the resident is supposed to think "fair" before "dear God, they might kill me?".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And I am thinking - three hooded people smash the glass on my back door, one comes in brandishing a knife and another brass knuckles....there's THREE of them and there's one of me - and I'm supposed to think yeah, a gun might be overkill. A fair fight - geez, three guys bust into a place and the resident is supposed to think "fair" before "dear God, they might kill me?".

Apparently you're supposed to go, "Wait a sec..." and round up two buddies to come over with brass knuckles and knives so you can have a rumble.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
they didn't "deserve" to die but the fact is that they did due to their own actions.

I think they indeed deserved to die. Anyone who busts into someone's home with intent to harm them deserves to die.

If they had survived, I would be wholeheartedly in favor of them getting the death penalty. And take Gramps with them because he deserves to die as well. I'm sick of these people.

I think they indeed deserved to die. Anyone who busts into someone's home with intent to harm them deserves to die.

If they had survived, I would be wholeheartedly in favor of them getting the death penalty. And take Gramps with them because he deserves to die as well. I'm sick of these people.
:yeahthat:

Monello

PREMO Member

If the utes had intended to kill someone in the home, then responding with deadly force is a fair fight. Otherwise why have a knife? Pops has to be the village idiot.

stgislander

PREMO Member
So, is this really a story just because an AR-15 was used? If the homeowner used a shotgun (à la Joe Biden), would we even be discussing it?

SamSpade

So, is this really a story just because an AR-15 was used? If the homeowner used a shotgun (à la Joe Biden), would we even be discussing it?

I don't think they could use the Joe Biden defense with the shotgun unless they shot the gun into the air - and then made it clear they were NEVER going to point it at a person.

Monello

PREMO Member

It's a story because grandpappy is somehow trying to justify a criminal act that ended in his grandson's demise.

officeguy

It's a story because the gun-grabbers claim that ARs are not used for home defense and have 'no legitimate purpose'. Oh, and it's kind of unusual for someone to take care of three of societies problems at the same time.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
what's jacked up is having to listen to the Mother Truckers talking while they bleed out ....

officeguy

Its also news because NBC tries so hard to make it look like the homeowner did something wrong. Starts with the headline 'Oklahoma Man Uses AR-15 to Kill Three Teen Home Intruders' when the facts show that 'Oklahome man defends himself against home intruders'.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I think they indeed deserved to die. Anyone who busts into someone's home TWICE with intent to harm them deserves to die.

:fixed: