Old Sunset Cove in Ridge

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Though not local, the new owner is fitting in well and understands how to work with the locals in order to be "accepted". That is hard for an out-of-towner to do in Ridge.
I never could wrap my head around this mentality. Hey some out of towner is willing to risk going into business here and employ some locals. Let's ignore him, so his business fails and he goes away. We don't need your increased tax revenue and jobs. We liked that property better with all its' broken windows and leaky roof.

The same as gentrification. Out of area folks willing to risk turning around a sketchy neighborhood. Somehow they are the new klan in some people's view.

Unless the person trying to fit in is some obnoxious Californian or New Yorker from the city. Those types tend to ruin everywhere they migrate to.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I never could wrap my head around this mentality. Hey some out of towner is willing to risk going into business here and employ some locals. Let's ignore him, so his business fails and he goes away. We don't need your increased tax revenue and jobs. We liked that property better with all its' broken windows and leaky roof.

The same as gentrification. Out of area folks willing to risk turning around a sketchy neighborhood. Somehow they are the new klan in some people's view.

Unless the person trying to fit in is some obnoxious Californian or New Yorker from the city. Those types tend to ruin everywhere they migrate to.

TL/DR version ...... people hate change ....... when it is not done by themselves.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I never could wrap my head around this mentality. Hey some out of towner is willing to risk going into business here and employ some locals.
When I bought Swann's in '95, I hadn't lived in the Piney Point hood more than about 4 years or so, having emigrated from a totally foreign country (7th District) to there in '90. The initial reception I got was a bit chilly and aloof, but we got past that fairly quickly. :buddies:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Daughter and I had the opportunity 2 weeks ago to view the renovations taking place in the old Sunset Cove restaurant at Pt Lookout Marina in Ridge. Wow! The new owner of the marina and restaurant is making a lot of positive changes to the property. Once complete, the restaurant/bar is going to be great (along with the marina). He's been searching hi and low for those unique nautical and locally themed items to decorate the place with. We were invited to come down to the restaurant last night for a private New Years Eve party and were surprised at the progress made in 2 weeks.

Though not local, the new owner is fitting in well and understands how to work with the locals in order to be "accepted". That is hard for an out-of-towner to do in Ridge. We are looking forward to supporting him when he opens - projected to be in March of this new year. I will keep you updated as he gets closer to an opening date.
My wife was joking with the owner that he should name the restaurant Herring Creek South because he's bought so much at HCF to outfit it.

TPD

the poor dad
My wife was joking with the owner that he should name the restaurant Herring Creek South because he's bought so much at HCF to outfit it.
Daughter and I both commented on those pieces. We really like the long table that he purchased-that is where he held court New Years Eve.

phreddyp

Terms:
If the restaurant/marina is sold and restaurant still stays in business until January 2025...it's still open.
You bring the Corona's as Gilligan's fee.

#Gilligan
No way! Time starts when they get the Restuarant open in March (I met and talked to the owner of the marina and got an idea of his business plan) then must stay in business (without closing) till March 2025 with no change in either ownership or manager including the marina.

I have no idea where Gilligan resides, so I need an address or place he wishes to meet.

Corona no problem, I will bring it and pay for 1/2, How many cases?

Tomorrow or Saturday is fine with me.

Sound like a good wager.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
No way! Time starts when they get the Restuarant open in March (I met and talked to the owner of the marina and got an idea of his business plan) then must stay in business (without closing) till March 2025 with no change in either ownership or manager including the marina.

I have no idea where Gilligan resides, so I need an address or place he wishes to meet.

Corona no problem, I will bring it and pay for 1/2, How many cases?

Tomorrow or Saturday is fine with me.

Sound like a good wager.
No can do if I lose on change of ownership ……
March 2025 is ok.
Seasonal closing permitted

phreddyp

No can do if I lose on change of ownership ……
March 2025 is ok.
Seasonal closing permitted
No seasonal closing allowed, if you are a successful no need to close.
March 2025 is ok.
Ownership and management must stay the same, for restaurant and marina.

A successful restaurant has no reason to close due to season, they may cut staffing though.
These terms are more than reasonable
Many managers get a cut of the profits, that is if the restaurant if profitable at all. Losing a manager is usually a sign that things are not going well.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
No seasonal closing allowed, if you are a successful no need to close.
March 2025 is ok.
Ownership and management must stay the same, for restaurant and marina.

A successful restaurant has no reason to close due to season, they may cut staffing though.
These terms are more than reasonable
Many managers get a cut of the profits, that is if the restaurant if profitable at all. Losing a manager is usually a sign that things are not going well.
No bet