Ollie's

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
The county should have looked into getting a FreshMArt or Whole Foods instead of a another dollar store for the park.

Our county leadership will never learn.

Yep just what we need another overpriced Giant type store with mediocre quality food. Last Whole Foods I went into was WAY overpriced, food looked high quality but I cannot see spending the amounts they had on some foods.

Ollies has a decent selection of just about anything, great prices, and had overall pretty decent stuff.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The county should have looked into getting a FreshMArt or Whole Foods instead of a another dollar store for the park.

We can't have nice things down here because people are too cheap. They don't want to pay for quality, which means the store can't pay enough to get good workers, which means we end up with the same crap we've always had.

When you go to Whole Foods, each one of their employees - from the cheesemonger to the cashier - knows food and what to do with it. They will tell you, "Try this because it has more of a creamy texture than the other one," or, "What are you going to do with the beets? Have you tried roasting them with other root veggies and a little olive oil?"

Go ahead, ask the cashier at the Giant or Shoppers what you should do with fresh beets.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep just what we need another overpriced Giant type store with mediocre quality food. Last Whole Foods I went into was WAY overpriced, food looked high quality but I cannot see spending the amounts they had on some foods.

Ollies has a decent selection of just about anything, great prices, and had overall pretty decent stuff.

I rest my case. :lol:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I rest my case. :lol:

I have no problem paying for quality stuff when it is worth it, other than the deli counter and meat selection it was an overpriced food lion. I buy most of my meats from Shopper's anyways.

As for any info for cooking, recipes etc. I use the Youtube, or google. Yes a cleaner grocery store might be nicer, felt like alot more hype than anything.

ltown81

Looks like Big Y or Stop and Shop from New England would be a huge improvement in the southern Maryland grocery environment.

Stop and Shop is is Giant with another name. Royal Ahole(d) bought both of them, and turned them into the same store with a different name.

Logo look familiar? They use all the same branding to save money.

logo.gif

logo.gif

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no problem paying for quality stuff when it is worth it, other than the deli counter and meat selection it was an overpriced food lion. I buy most of my meats from Shopper's anyways.

As for any info for cooking, recipes etc. I use the Youtube, or google. Yes a cleaner grocery store might be nicer, felt like alot more hype than anything.

See, and I am willing to pay extra for cleanliness and service. Not to mention selection.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

As long as we're putting in a wish list for the area, I'd like to see a good old fashioned butcher shop. A place that cuts the meat to order and has those odd ball left over pieces that end up being some of the best pieces.

Chrystee

I would LOVE something like that.. but in the square? It would never do well.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I like ollies :shrug: I am also a big lots addict, though. So, its not a surprise. I feel no need to pay more for the exact same thing just because it came in a socially acceptable store..or because there were weird people there :killingme

I was pratically sexually harassed at big lots by an elderly gentleman who kept trying to hug me and kept inviting me to the tiki bar for a drink :twitch: or the other wanna be gangster that followed me around the store saying "hey girl, you gotta a man?" "he look good like me?"..poor guy I don't know if he realized how ridiculous he looked..he resembled a backstreet boy..with like, american eagle jeans pulled down past his butt :killingme

regardless, I still love that place to death..I can get a giant box of gain for 5 bucks, a huge jug of bleach for a buck, a 6 pack of energy drinks for 2 bucks, etc etc. I am not rich, I cannot afford to pay more for something just because the store carries 35 diff varieties of olive oil (which, btw I can get extra virgin at BL for 3.50)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My wish list is:

Williams Sonoma
Sur la Table
Tastee Inn 'n Out
Harry and David's
Garden of Eden
Luby's
Wegman's
Whole Foods

Kitchen and food! :yay:

My wish list is:

Williams Sonoma Check!
Sur la Table
Tastee Inn 'n Out
Harry and David's Check!
Garden of Eden
Luby's
Wegman's
Whole Foods Check!

Kitchen and food! :yay:

The 'checks' are stores I visited in NY last weekend. I'm all stocked for the moment!

BTW, Ollies is just ok, almost everything in there was made in China. I'm trying not to buy things from there. However, they have really good prices on HDMI cables, same price as I mail order for.

Last edited: