Olympics

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Anyone see the Chinese pair skate at the end? The chic fell and her knee bent sideways :yikes: AND she got up and finished! They got the silver, but I have to wonder how much of that was emotion. How often do skaters fall and still get good enough scores to medal?
I was wondering the same thing. That was a nasty fall!

I cried a little bit. :blushing:

Pete

Repete
K_Jo said:
I was wondering the same thing. That was a nasty fall!

I cried a little bit. :blushing:
Did you see the video of the Russian pair and the fall in Pittsburg? The dude was holding her over his head and he fell, throwing her head first onto the ice, no arms to break her fall WHAMO. Knocked her out cold. THAT made me look away.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Did you see the video of the Russian pair and the fall in Pittsburg? The dude was holding her over his head and he fell, throwing her head first onto the ice, no arms to break her fall WHAMO. Knocked her out cold. THAT made me look away.
I did see it. I could only bring myself to rewind it once. I thought they kicked ass -- I'd never let him throw me again.

Pete

Repete
K_Jo said:
I did see it. I could only bring myself to rewind it once. I thought they kicked ass -- I'd never let him throw me again.
The problem was he "fell", not throwing. It took him a long time to trust himself enough to hold her over his head again. She stuck with him, but I think I am like you. If someone fell and tossed me face firtst 8-10 feet onto the ice i doubt I would trust them again.

Luckily as a dude and 240 lbs I don't have to worry about anyone holding me over their head with one arm. :killingme

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Luckily as a dude and 240 lbs I don't have to worry about anyone holding me over their head with one arm. :killingme
I just got a disturbing mental picture of you and MM and a Super-Secret Valentine's Day Capade. :faint:

I'll be glad when they've moved on to individuals. Pairs skating has always made me nervous. :shocking: That's a lot of pressure on a dude.

camily

Peace
Me and hubby were talking about that last night. I know those chics are small, but you have got to have some real upper body strength and balance to hold a person over your head with one arm while spinning on ice. :yay:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
camily said:
Me and hubby were talking about that last night. I know those chics are small, but you have got to have some real upper body strength and balance to hold a person over your head with one arm while spinning on ice. :yay:
Extra points if you lower her with one arm! :yahoo:

Pete

Repete
K_Jo said:
I just got a disturbing mental picture of you and MM and a Super-Secret Valentine's Day Capade. :faint:

I'll be glad when they've moved on to individuals. Pairs skating has always made me nervous. :shocking: That's a lot of pressure on a dude.
It would have to be MM, PT's chicken arms certainly couldn't do it.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pete said:
It would have to be MM, PT's chicken arms certainly couldn't do it.
Awww you really do still love PT, don't you? :poorbaby: I know it's hard to get through this day without him. Want me to send a PMer to :gossip: and see if she'll PMer you a new :gossip: of her :gossip:? :huggy:

Pete

Repete
K_Jo said:
Awww you really do still love PT, don't you? :poorbaby: I know it's hard to get through this day without him. Want me to send a PMer to :gossip: and see if she'll PMer you a new :gossip: of her :gossip:? :huggy:
Come to think of it I bet I could toss PT up and he could do a triple axel and then transition into a triple toe loop.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Come to think of it I bet I could toss PT up and he could do a triple axel and then transition into a triple toe loop.
What, no salchow? :notimpressed:

Pete

Repete
camily said:
Ok, I got three words for ya'. Apolo Anton Ohno.
http://www.apoloantonohno.com/index2.htm
:drool: :hot:
He is a goober :duh: He was in his last heat race and had to finish 3rd or higher to go to the finals and compete for the medals. He got stupid and tried to pass the leader in the last 50 meters and screwed himself up, slipped and finished 8th. He clearly was the class of the feild and just had to cruise on but NOOOOOOOOOOOO he had to get cutsie and crashed himself right out.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Pete said:
I knew it! I just KNEW PT was Pete's valentine. It was the picture he posted of you and itsbob that made you realize he still had feelings for you. Good move PT! Good move.

camily

Peace
Pete said:
He is a goober :duh: He was in his last heat race and had to finish 3rd or higher to go to the finals and compete for the medals. He got stupid and tried to pass the leader in the last 50 meters and screwed himself up, slipped and finished 8th. He clearly was the class of the feild and just had to cruise on but NOOOOOOOOOOOO he had to get cutsie and crashed himself right out.
I didn't say he was brilliant, just hot. :razz: