Olympics

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I was watching some...

...Olympics the other night and then when.................they................ got.................... to the............... soul...........cow.......... thingy.............

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Buddy of mine...

Bustem' Down said:
I love curling. They need to have places to play curling like they have bowling alleys.

...is looking for the Danish team to come out with Mohamed masks and put fuses on their rocks.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
I love curling. They need to have places to play curling like they have bowling alleys.
I love watching it. I just wish I knew what they were doing. Can you explain it to me in no more than four, relatively short, double-spaced sentences, please? TIA. :flowers:

tomchamp

It's just a giant shuffle board table. It's on ice and they are called rocks..not the players the things they push.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tom...

tomchamp said:
It's just a giant shuffle board table. It's on ice and they are called rocks..not the players the things they push.

...I don't think so.

When was the last time you saw two old geezers playing shuffle board, one takes a turn with his shuffle board pushing stick thing and then start shouting for Martha to start sweeping?

tomchamp

Larry Gude said:
...I don't think so.

When was the last time you saw two old geezers playing shuffle board, one takes a turn with his shuffle board pushing stick thing and then start shouting for Martha to start sweeping?

OK, LOL, There's many versions. Same game, but I have heard, hey, You guys got to leave because the bars closed and I got to sweep.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
K_Jo said:
I love watching it. I just wish I knew what they were doing. Can you explain it to me in no more than four, relatively short, double-spaced sentences, please? TIA. :flowers:
They use the brushes to make the rock "curl"

The goal is to have the rock closest to the center.

Sometimes you knock the opponents rock outta the way or out of a good position and sometimes you set up your rock in a defensive position to protect yours.

I'm still learning a lot about the game, but I love it.