Opinions needed on BBQ grills.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
It's time to retire my BBQ grill (A six foot New Bransfuls Smoker) and so I'll be looking for a new one. She has served me faithfully for the last seven years, but the elements have taken thier toll. I haven't done a lot of smoking recently because of it being time consuming so I'm looking at regular grills. I'm thinking propane, and the Texan in me is screaming, because of the convienence. So that being said, opinions on propane vs. charcoal.

mainman

Set Trippin
aps45819 said:
Real men use a real fire to burn meat on.
A propane grill is just a gas stove nobody cleans.
I used to feel that way too....

I love my propane grill...:yay:

and you still can't whip me....:biggrin:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Propane is the way to go. Although, on a rare occasion, I wish I had a charcoal grill. But propane is just too darn easy.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
baileydog said:
Propane is the way to go. Although, on a rare occasion, I wish I had a charcoal grill. But propane is just too darn easy.
:yeahthat: It's not a pissing contest, it's just dinner. :smile:

jenbengen

Watch it
desertrat said:
I like the ease and speed of propane. If you want smoke flavor you can still throw chips on.

I'd do propane for your big grill. Get one of those small & cheap charcoal ones for the rare instance that charcoal is desired. We've found the propane to be nice when we want to whip something up quickly. It just isn't easy to do that with charcoal. I still love the smell and taste of charcoal grilled food, but it's just not realistic to use frequently, in my opinion.

jenbengen

Watch it
Bustem' Down said:
That's what I'm looking at, although my dad might disown me. :lol:

LOL! He'll get over it when he is given free food. :)

Also, after buying more grills than I'd like to admit, we have finally learned to spend a little extra and not be cheap because the middle of the line ones really do last a lot longer in the elements (if that is a concern for you).

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
jenbengen said:
I'd do propane for your big grill. Get one of those small & cheap charcoal ones for the rare instance that charcoal is desired. We've found the propane to be nice when we want to whip something up quickly. It just isn't easy to do that with charcoal. I still love the smell and taste of charcoal grilled food, but it's just not realistic to use frequently, in my opinion.
The weber kettle type of grills will close up air tight. When you're done, close the vents and the charcoal goes out. You can re-use the charcoal from your last cooking, Just add a few new briquettes, squirt on some lighter fluid (the right kind Dems) and you're good to go. :yay:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
aps45819 said:
The weber kettle type of grills will close up air tight. When you're done, close the vents and the charcoal goes out. You can re-use the charcoal from your last cooking, Just add a few new briquettes, squirt on some lighter fluid (the right kind Dems) and you're good to go. :yay:
Oh, I'm a purist when it comes to charcoal. I never use lighter fluid. I also like to get the charcoal chunks when I can instead of briquettes.