Our boys, Buff and Cooper

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Saturday 27 June, which I found out today was MASH's last weekend being open, at least until things are not COVID abnormal, had to take Cooper in. They gave him a good exam, a digestive system calmative, sub-q fluids, x-rays, blood work...those last 2 came back normal.

Looks like he had an allergic reaction to Fancy Feast Creamy Delights canned food with "a touch of milk." Likely very lactose intolerant.

However, he has shown no symptoms since a few hours after we got home late Saturday afternoon. Buff hissed at him for a couple days as the clinic smell wore off.

By Monday, his regular appetite had returned and by Wednesday he was bugging us for food, and getting brushed.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Saturday 27 June, which I found out today was MASH's last weekend being open, at least until things are not COVID abnormal, had to take Cooper in. They gave him a good exam, a digestive system calmative, sub-q fluids, x-rays, blood work...those last 2 came back normal.

Looks like he had an allergic reaction to Fancy Feast Creamy Delights canned food with "a touch of milk." Likely very lactose intolerant.

However, he has shown no symptoms since a few hours after we got home late Saturday afternoon. Buff hissed at him for a couple days as the clinic smell wore off.

By Monday, his regular appetite had returned and by Wednesday he was bugging us for food, and getting brushed.
What's the closest alternative to MASH for emergencies? Annapolis? At that distance, I would probably take mine up to Alexandria. I used that vet when I lived up there and it is right down the road from my work.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What's the closest alternative to MASH for emergencies? Annapolis? At that distance, I would probably take mine up to Alexandria. I used that vet when I lived up there and it is right down the road from my work.
Here's where they recommend on the weekend...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Here's where they recommend on the weekend...
Bad experience with the one in Waldorf. Took cat for a laceration. They were so fascinated that it wasn't bleeding that they asked to euthanize the cat so they could send her to some place for "research". We ended up taking her somewhere else and the reason it wasn't bleeding was because she had Cushing's. That layer of skin wasn't attached to the other layers and the vet had no idea how she had made it past kittenhood. You could literally tear her skin like paper. :yikes:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The handsome Lord Buffingham Tyger today on his favorite window sill.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The boys will likely be getting a new sister, going to meet her and her humans tomorrow. Lady of the house has developed allergies, like the humans who had Miss Blue before we took her in.

This is Phoenix, a little over 3 years old. I think Cooper and Buff liked having a sister.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Introduction went well, at least with the humans.

Miss Phoenix sat in Miss F's lap while Mrs F and I chatted. When Miss F let Phoenix go (albeit Miss F was not holding Phoenix that tight, and kitty did let me pet her a couple times), kitty ran to a nearby coffee table and watched me for several minutes before going to her safe spot behind the couch. Mrs F wants to make sure kitty is up to date with the vet before adopting her out, but it looks like my house will become kitty's new home.

Last edited: