Our new Whippet

kerriellen

Just adopted a 14 month old whippet that we named Rally. Anyone else have a whippet? I’d love to let him meet a dog he could run with.

Attachments

• 3E61C801-7712-4ED4-B789-D14B0EA06B82.jpeg
    3E61C801-7712-4ED4-B789-D14B0EA06B82.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 294

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
How cute! Congratulations on your new fur baby. Of course, I have the Devo song running through my head now: "Whippet...whippet real good." :lol:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Just adopted a 14 month old whippet that we named Rally. Anyone else have a whippet? I’d love to let him meet a dog he could run with.
Where did you adopt him from? I love sight hounds and the Whippet is a perfect size. You had an Iggy before, right?

littlelady

God bless the USA

Not a whippet, but we adopted a greyhound/blacklab mix back in 1998 when we moved to Calvert. She could run like the wind. We lost her at 16. She would give the kitties a bath. So amazing. Best wishes for your new pup.

Auntie Biache'

Is a Whippet considered a Grey Hound?
Yes, and no. A whippet is an English Greyhound mini. I have found that whippets tend to be lap dogs, and they adopt the same character traits as most lap dogs, if not trained properly. Most dogs can be good pets. The problem usually lies with the owner of the pet, though, treating a small dog like a baby or child, instead of treating it like a dog. This isn't too imply that the OP would do that, just an observation. I've been around a lot of greyhounds, and they have all been well behaved. I have never encountered a well behaved whippet.