Packing the SCOTUS

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Liberal Law Professor Jonathan Turley Explains The Dangers Of Pursing A Supreme Court That Fits The ‘Age of Rage’

Although Turley called to expand the Court to as many as 17 or 19 members over the last 20 years, he says there’s a stark difference between “reforming” and “packing” the Court — The biggest being how quickly the change occurs.

“Over 20 years ago, I recommended the expansion of the Court to 17 or 19 members. However, that recommendation would occur over many years and would not give advocates the short-term majority that they are seeking. That is the difference between reforming and packing the Court,” the professor wrote on his website. “Even a gradual increase would also face considerable opposition in the Senate, particularly out of a lack of trust that a later majority would add a couple of justices and then renege on continued additions to continue to control the majority of the Court.”

Despite polls indicating that the majority of Americans disagree with packing the Court, Democrats are pushing forward because they “seem to think the Supreme Court must be canceled for its failure to yield to the demands of our age of rage,” Turley explained.

Hijinx

This is nothing but a bunch of bluster on the parts of these idiot Democraps, and will not pass.

EVEN Pelosi is dismissing this effort and has said she won't bring it to the floor. Biden is not behind it either. They already know they're in deep crap over in Congress. The best thing to happen out of Trump losing the POTUS in 2020 is that he will help to ROUT Congress (at least the HOUSE) in 2022.

They might as well slit their throats right now.

I sure hope you are right. I all be glad to supply the knife.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They managed to push so much fear into Americans over COVID that they were able to get law-enforcement to arrest people for daring to have gatherings at their homes. They made laws and rules that destroyed nearly every freedom we hold dear. They managed to destroy businesses that "didn't count" while allowing businesses that did to thrive. We're forced to wear these stupid f###ing masks. And let's not forget what they were able to get the FBI to do to Trump and his people.

When they can control law-enforcement to the level we've seen, you're not going to convince me they won't be able to get their cooperation when the courts are in the palm of their hands.

Since we left SPI we haven't run into mask mandates. Or, we have but people are ignoring them. LA has a mandate, but almost nobody in Lafayette was abiding by it. Some businesses in MS and AL have signs on the door saying they require masks, and they're being ignored with scofflaws going unchallenged.

And guess what? No cops are around trying to arrest anybody or shut anybody down.

You know why? Because local government is afraid to enforce it - afraid of We the People, as they should be. Or it could be that they also think the whole thing is BS and don't care to spend their political capital going to the mat over it. Whatever, the fact is that not every state or every city is locked down and teeming with rona madness.

That little fascist at the SMCHD went after TPD because she thought she could. He stood his ground and she backed off. That's how it's supposed to work. Or rather, it's supposed to work that these martinets don't get all power mad in the first place, but when they do it's up to us to remind them of their place.

Branson just officially lifted its mask mandate because of the public backlash. This won't save their jobs come election time, but even they backed off after several months of wanting to lock horns with the citizenry.

The extreme fascism you're seeing on TV is happening in Democrat run cities and states. The solution to that is to not live in one of them.
It's literally that simple. People think they have to live here and have to have this job and have to do this and that, but the fact is that there's a big ass country out there with plenty of freedom and opportunity, and Americans leave their established homes to find it all the time.

If you stay in a place where you're afraid it's because you choose to, not because you have to. There's plenty of freedom left in this country.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Since we left SPI we haven't run into mask mandates. Or, we have but people are ignoring them. LA has a mandate, but almost nobody in Lafayette was abiding by it. Some businesses in MS and AL have signs on the door saying they require masks, and they're being ignored with scofflaws going unchallenged.

And guess what? No cops are around trying to arrest anybody or shut anybody down.

You know why? Because local government is afraid to enforce it - afraid of We the People, as they should be. Or it could be that they also think the whole thing is BS and don't care to spend their political capital going to the mat over it. Whatever, the fact is that not every state or every city is locked down and teeming with rona madness.

That little fascist at the SMCHD went after TPD because she thought she could. He stood his ground and she backed off. That's how it's supposed to work. Or rather, it's supposed to work that these martinets don't get all power mad in the first place, but when they do it's up to us to remind them of their place.

Branson just officially lifted its mask mandate because of the public backlash. This won't save their jobs come election time, but even they backed off after several months of wanting to lock horns with the citizenry.

The extreme fascism you're seeing on TV is happening in Democrat run cities and states. The solution to that is to not live in one of them.
It's literally that simple. People think they have to live here and have to have this job and have to do this and that, but the fact is that there's a big ass country out there with plenty of freedom and opportunity, and Americans leave their established homes to find it all the time.

If you stay in a place where you're afraid it's because you choose to, not because you have to. There's plenty of freedom left in this country.

Well, you live a special life that most other don't. I walk into Safeway in Prince Frederick, without a mask, they will demand I put it on. It's store policy. If I refuse, they will try to kick me out. If I refuse to leave, they will call the cops and I will be arrested. And Prince Frederick isn't some liberal bastion of fascism. Regardless of your experiences, it's happening.

People have been arrested for daring to have outdoor, in-your-own-car, church services.

Unlike you, some of us don't have the luxury to just give up their jobs and lifestyles to escape the tyranny plaguing nearly every damn city and town in this country.

WA man arrested, charged for not wearing mask

Police Officer Charged With Assaulting Man Not Wearing Mask - and this cop wasn't charged for arresting the guy for not wearing a mask. He was charged with assault for slamming the guy to the ground.

Maryland Man Sentenced to a Year in Jail for Violating Ban on Large Parties

Oh, and remember this one in that all-so-conservative Texas:

Salon A La Mode Owner, Shelley Luther Arrested: ‘Feeding My Kids Isn’t Selfish, I’m Not Closing The Salon’

The stories are endless. Peoples' livelihoods and lives ruined.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, you live a special life that most other don't.

I'm not special. Anyone can live my life and anyone can live anywhere in America that they choose. Our badass ancestors jumped in wagons and boats, crossing mountains and oceans, to find a better life and escape persecution. The very least modern Americans could do is get their lazy asses off the couch.
Unlike you, some of us don't have the luxury to just give up their jobs and lifestyles to escape the tyranny plaguing nearly every damn city and town in this country.

That is completely untrue and I gave you numerous examples of cities that aren't tolerating that crap. I have more examples if you want them. You can indeed escape tyranny, you just don't want to.

Police Officer Charged With Assaulting Man Not Wearing Mask - and this cop wasn't charged for arresting the guy for not wearing a mask. He was charged with assault for slamming the guy to the ground.

Salon A La Mode Owner, Shelley Luther Arrested: ‘Feeding My Kids Isn’t Selfish, I’m Not Closing The Salon’

And where is all that happening?

That's right - Democrat states and cities. The Shelley Luther incident took place in Dallas, which is so leftwing their judicial system has decriminalized crime (which the exception of mask compliance, but you can steal anything you want up to $750 and you can rape women all you want). And if you read the story, the TX AG jumped on that and ordered her released immediately.

Look at the election map and anywhere you see blue, don't live there. If the whole state is largely blue, don't live there. Simple.

Hijinx

Well, you live a special life that most other don't. I walk into Safeway in Prince Frederick, without a mask, they will demand I put it on. It's store policy. If I refuse, they will try to kick me out. If I refuse to leave, they will call the cops and I will be arrested. And Prince Frederick isn't some liberal bastion of fascism. Regardless of your experiences, it's happening.

People have been arrested for daring to have outdoor, in-your-own-car, church services.

That's a good post. Like you say we can't all just leave.
And we live in the people's Republic of Maryland, where the Democrats rule over us in spite of all out efforts to dump them.
The affirmative Action Government workers in PG and Northern Charles, liberals in Montgomery and those on the Baltimore Democrat
Reservation have us outnumbered.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm not special. Anyone can live my life and anyone can live anywhere in America that they choose.

Actually, no they can't. I have a mother who has Alzheimer's that needs me in this area. I have a job that I can't just give up so I can gallivant around the country; I can't work remotely. I recommend you get our of your little bubble and see how ordinary people are living their lives.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And where is all that happening?

That's right - Democrat states and cities. The Shelley Luther incident took place in Dallas, which is so leftwing their judicial system has decriminalized crime (which the exception of mask compliance, but you can steal anything you want up to $750 and you can rape women all you want). And if you read the story, the TX AG jumped on that and ordered her released immediately.

Yeah, the AG ordered her released. But the $h!t she had to go through, the lawyers she had to hire, the fines she had to pay... Never should've happened.

Then there's this in Galveston:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually, no they can't. I have a mother who has Alzheimer's that needs me in this area. I have a job that I can't just give up so I can gallivant around the country; I can't work remotely. I recommend you get our of your little bubble and see how ordinary people are living their lives.

See, you and I have a basic personality conflict. You sit around bitching about a situation, then have a million excuses why you "can't" do anything about it. I am solution oriented, and it frustrates me when people just want to bitch and not fix their problem.

So sit in it, what do I care. You make your choices, I make mine. If you want to snark about "Oh, that's so special" be my guest. I laughed right in your cyberface at the "get out of your little bubble" remark. :roflmao:

Yeah, Psy, it's definitely me who needs to get out of my little tiny itty bitty bubble. Definitely me who needs to get out more and see how other people live their lives.

:lmao:

I'm gonna laugh about that all day. :lol:

SamSpade

You sit around bitching about a situation, then have a million excuses why you "can't" do anything about it.

Maybe he does - but this wouldn't be one of them. Many of our badass ancestors picked up went out west - but a lot stayed closer to the east and built cities and farms and roads. If you've ever seen my ancestor's stump fence - you'd think they were giants.

He never kvetched woe is me, why can't I roam around the country like you?
He just observed that not all of us can do that at all. And in that, he's right. You may think it's just a matter of screwing up the nerve to do it,
but for a lot of us, it's a lot more than that. Just the bare minimum - I couldn't even afford a camper. And that's not including two of my kid's special needs or my MIL - who is a widow and unable to leave assisted living - to take care of.

I'm not complaining. I don't need a solution.

I am solution oriented, and it frustrates me when people just want to bitch and not fix their problem.

And you found one for a problem. It doesn't mean the rest of us have one, or aren't planning one. I plan to leave this place once the kids are grown and I retire.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe he does - but this wouldn't be one of them. Many of our badass ancestors picked up went out west - but a lot stayed closer to the east and built cities and farms and roads. If you've ever seen my ancestor's stump fence - you'd think they were giants.

He never kvetched woe is me, why can't I roam around the country like you?
He just observed that not all of us can do that at all. And in that, he's right. You may think it's just a matter of screwing up the nerve to do it,
but for a lot of us, it's a lot more than that. Just the bare minimum - I couldn't even afford a camper. And that's not including two of my kid's special needs or my MIL - who is a widow and unable to leave assisted living - to take care of.

I'm not complaining. I don't need a solution.

And you found one for a problem. It doesn't mean the rest of us have one, or aren't planning one. I plan to leave this place once the kids are grown and I retire.

Nobody is talking about living in a camper. We're talking about cities/states that are eradicating freedom, and the suggestion that they move somewhere else. I'm taking issue with people saying "I can't" when what they mean to say is "I choose not to". And that if you're finding your situation intolerable but choose not to make any changes, shut up already.

There is nothing preventing anyone from moving to a city or state that they find more palatable. They don't have to jump in an RV and go rogue - they can simply....relocate. Get a new job. People do it all the time, so I reject the "can't".

Psy is insisting this fascist BS is going on all over the country, however I have actually BEEN all over the country and can assure you that it is not.

It would behoove you to actually read the thread next time you feel the need to light me up.

PsyOps

Pixelated
See, you and I have a basic personality conflict. You sit around bitching about a situation, then have a million excuses why you "can't" do anything about it. I am solution oriented, and it frustrates me when people just want to bitch and not fix their problem.

So sit in it, what do I care. You make your choices, I make mine. If you want to snark about "Oh, that's so special" be my guest. I laughed right in your cyberface at the "get out of your little bubble" remark. :roflmao:

Yeah, Psy, it's definitely me who needs to get out of my little tiny itty bitty bubble. Definitely me who needs to get out more and see how other people live their lives.

:lmao:

I'm gonna laugh about that all day. :lol:

I see... so the whole country needs to do what you've done - give up everything they've worked so hard for (their homes, lifestyles...), pull their kids out of school, quit their jobs, leave their extended families (especially the elderly who can't take care of themselves), buy an RV and roam around the country like happy hippies - FREE FROM THE TYRANNY OF GOVERNMENT!

This isn't just "bitching" Vrai. This is clear concern over where this country is headed and what this government is attempting to do - which will affect all of us - including the roaming hippies in their RVs. They have effectively gotten every level of our law enforcement to cooperate with their fascist intentions. All they need is to strip us of our guns, get the military on board, and you can no longer call this country a republic. And all you've managed to do is dismiss it. I'm not so sure I'd define that as "solution oriented". I'd call it avoidance.

black dog

Free America

I disagree, all four of my parents have taken care of their own welfare needs, along with rolling into being elderly. It was your decision to stay and take care of mom.
All of the off spring of our four parents live our own lives and will continue to do so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I see... so the whole country needs to do what you've done - give up everything they've worked so hard for (their homes, lifestyles...), pull their kids out of school, quit their jobs, leave their extended families (especially the elderly who can't take care of themselves), buy an RV and roam around the country like happy hippies - FREE FROM THE TYRANNY OF GOVERNMENT!

This isn't just "bitching" Vrai. This is clear concern over where this country is headed and what this government is attempting to do - which will affect all of us - including the roaming hippies in their RVs. They have effectively gotten every level of our law enforcement to cooperate with their fascist intentions. All they need is to strip us of our guns, get the military on board, and you can no longer call this country a republic. And all you've managed to do is dismiss it. I'm not so sure I'd define that as "solution oriented". I'd call it avoidance.

What do you suggest I or you do about it?

And I don't think I said anywhere that you should jump in an RV and go vagabond, so can we stop with that?

black dog

Free America

Its funny that you talk about the government taking your guns and yet you stay and validate a State that has banned over 80 firearms. Thats funny sh!t right there.....

PsyOps

Pixelated

And I have plans for the same, once I'm in a financial position to do so, and my mom is gone. But, I'm not one to just sit back and call it quits on where I believe our country should be. I feel a duty to try to do something about the tyranny I see consuming this country by the left. And this isn't just a one-person agenda. It isn't just me "bitching", and that's all there is to it. Perhaps my military life instilled that sort of duty that doesn't exist in others. And I don't begrudge folks that don't feel that duty; it's just not me to idly sit by and watch all that so many have died for go to waste.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

PsyOps

Pixelated
Its funny that you talk about the government taking your guns and yet you stay and validate a State that has banned over 80 firearms. Thats funny sh!t right there.....

And here, folks, is an example of someone who hasn't paid attention.

black dog

Free America
I understood duty long before I enlisted, and so do all of my parents.
Just like I understand its my duty to take care of my needs when im incapable, its not my sons responsibility to take care of me and take what easily might be years of his life.
And one certainly shouldn't need mom or pop to croke to be able to afford to move.