Paper towels or air dryer

Do you prefer air hand dryers or paper towels

• Total voters
I pretend I'm a doctor and walk out with my hands upright dripping wet. People will hold the door for you if you put an urgent look on your face and rush.

DEEKAYPEE8569

If the had the new type dryers I'd vote that way. They have these in the buildings in Exploration and Expedition office park. They are uber turbo (and fun to play with cause they make the skin on your hands flutter:whistle:)

I saw/used one of those high velocity hand dryers once, recently.
I like 'em.

C

CTBburn

If the had the new type dryers I'd vote that way. They have these in the buildings in Exploration and Expedition office park. They are uber turbo (and fun to play with cause they make the skin on your hands flutter:whistle:)

Is that the Dyson dryer? I've only seen those a couple of times and I think they're really neat.

I had to do research on this topic in college and the deciding factor regarding sanitation was how dry your hands got because the bacteria will hang around an multiply on the warm damp surface of your hands.

I prefer the paper towels though :) but that Dyson is pretty dang cool.

ImnoMensa

If the bathroom has an air dryer the door handle will almost always be wet, because most people leave with wet hands.

I prefer a paper towel, but if none are available I go to the stall and roll out enough toilet paper to dry my hands. Yes much of it dissolves and leaves a mess, but that isn't my fault, if they put towels there that could be avoided.

My question is why do public bathrooms use toilet paper that is narrow.?

Why not use a standard sized toilet paper. They certainly do not save paper with that narrow garbage, people just use more of it.

C

CTBburn

Isn't that Dyson thing called "Air Blade" or something like that?

Oh I have no idea. I know I was drinking the first time I saw one so I stood there for a minute and stared at it. We got that Dyson vacuum that was on sale at Target on Black Friday last year and I really really really love it. Then I saw one of those new blade-less fans that they have in Bed Bath & Beyond - super cool. I must've stared at that hand dryer for a good couple of minutes just trying to think out how I was going to walk back outside and justify to my sweetie why we HAVE to have one in our home.

sweetprincess23

First to answer the question... i prefer papertowels because they are multi-purpose in restrooms....

1.Once finished using the restroom I use my elbow or forearm to get a papertowel and turn the water on.
2. I then fold the PT so when i am finished washing my hands i can use it to turn the water off. The folding process stops me from touching the already dirty side. Place PT aside for now and wash hands and forearm.
3. With the same paper towel i pull/push the PT dispenser for new PT to complely dry my hands with. ( if automatic dispenser its even easier)
4. With that PT i open the bathroom door and kinda jump making sure the door doesnt bump me from behind. If possible I just kick the door open.

I once saw on Oprah how the sink nozzles are just as dirty, think about it you pee then turn on the water then turn it off touching the same jerms that you left on it when you turned the water on. make sense? The same show also told the audience to sing happy birthday while you wash your hands, that is about how long you should spend washing yours hands...not just finger tips.

With that said, i do like the automatic sinks, toilets and PT dispensers now but they can be finicky. I really like the turbo dryers better than the older ones because they actually dry your hands and do it much faster.

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
I used to always use air dryers as I try to save paper. I NEVER used paper towels until I read a study about how fecal matter gets inside of the dryer and since it cant (or isnt) taken apart and cleaned, it breeds bacteria and then you blow all the bacteria and fecal particles all over your clean hands.

Now I use paper towels or my pants. Even though honestly everything in the bathroom is probably covered in poop particles and God knows what else, its mental now and I cant use the dryer.
:cds:

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
I used to always use air dryers as I try to save paper. I NEVER used paper towels until I read a study about how fecal matter gets inside of the dryer and since it cant (or isnt) taken apart and cleaned, it breeds bacteria and then you blow all the bacteria and fecal particles all over your clean hands.

Now I use paper towels or my pants. Even though honestly everything in the bathroom is probably covered in poop particles and God knows what else, its mental now and I cant use the dryer.

Think that is bad????? Ever watched some one come out the stall, skip the sink walk over to the towel dispensor (Not automatic) and wipe their finger tips on the piece of towel hanging from the dispensor and leave it there and walk out??? leaving it for the next person....

I didn't see it, but I sure heard about it...

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I don;t wash my hands after I go to the bathroom unless somone is in there at the same time as me. Then I just run the water for a second and pretend to wash them. You need another option in the pole for people who don't wash.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the sinks next to the toilets so that you could wash your hands AFTER your done but BEFORE you pull your pants up... just imagine the ### you've got all over your zipper/buttons.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the sinks next to the toilets so that you could wash your hands AFTER your done but BEFORE you pull your pants up... just imagine the ### you've got all over your zipper/buttons.

Good point.

Here is my vote.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 67
I gotta laugh at this thread. What do you do when you're on the beach all day? You pee in the ocean water, right? Or camping in the woods? Using the communal latrine? There isn't a place to wash, nor a choice for paper. Air dry only! And if you didn't die of some horrible disease while thoroughly enjoying a day or weekend out, do you think you'll catch something when you're not camping? People are way too paranoid about having to over-sterilize. No built-up immunities.