• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
And the mom's argument was
Kelly said she believed the kids were going to drink regardless.

That wasn't her call to make. She should have called the parents of the other kids and at least cleared it with them first. As it stands, she was irresponsible with someone else's child, whether they were going to "do it anyway" or not.

If one of Alex's friends goes out and gets hammered and wraps himself around a tree, so be it. But you better believe it's not going to happen on my watch.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
Not all kids drink underage. And I'll bet you the ones that's parents let them drink or don't really care, do it a lot more than the kids who are scared to get caught.

Same thing with sex. If you folks let you screw your boyfriend in your own bedroom, you're going to have a lot more sex than if you have to sneak around.
I mean, since my SON is on here... I didn't have sex before I was married.. EVER.. not even ONE time!!

I agree with your first statement..

mikex1337

Cases like this happen all the time. They are just the unlucky ones for getting caught for doing it. Everything should be done in moderation.

Ponytail

Still searching for the original article and more facts of the case, but found this...

"According to Albemarle Commonwealth’s Attorney James L. Camblos, III, the facts of the case were “outrageous.” Elisa Robinson lied to other parents who called to check if there would be alcohol at the party, and told several teens to rinse their mouths with vinegar to disguise their beer breath.

The Robinsons were charged with 44 counts of contributing to the delinquency of minors. They refused a 90-day sentence offered in an agreement by Camblos, and pleaded guilty in Charlottesville General District Court. Perhaps influenced by the recent alcohol-related death of another county teen, the judge smacked the Robinsons with eight years active jail time. The couple appealed to Circuit Court, where Judge Paul M. Peatross gave them a slightly softer 27 months.
"

http://www.c-ville.com/Portlet/Print_Friendly.php?Print=Article&z_Article_ID=11041106073850983

They turned down the 90 day sentance and plead guilty in hopes for a reduced sentance? Yep, they are guilty of stupidity.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That is 100%...

vraiblonde said:
That wasn't her call to make. She should have called the parents of the other kids and at least cleared it with them first. As it stands, she was irresponsible with someone else's child, whether they were going to "do it anyway" or not.

...correct and very worthy of some civil citation and perhaps a picture in the local paper saying 'This woman will let your kid drink at her house' but two years in jail?

Last edited:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
mikex1337 said:
Cases like this happen all the time. They are just the unlucky ones for getting caught for doing it. Everything should be done in moderation.

Funny it took 5 pages to bring "moderation" up. Pops told me at 12, "Boy, there's beer in fridge, feel free to have at it; just let me know each time you grab one." But, he sure as hell wouldn't have let me get drunk. Had I started going toward that point and argued about him cutting me off; being the wonderfully patient man he was, I'd have found myself laid out on the floor.

His point wasn't that I was going to do it anyway, but that he'd rather teach me moderation and to respect my own limits than wind up going ballistic. Side note: Growing up with jewish traditions, I got my first taste of wine before I reached double digits.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
two years in jail?
Too bad. "Contributing to the Deliquency of a Minor" is a serious crime and the punishment should reflect that.

My kids belong to ME, not some neighborhood drunken skeezer and her lowlife husband. And I've worked hard to keep them out of as much trouble as I could. Don't need some freaks undoing my work. My kids get MY permission, not someone else's.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That...

Chain729 said:
Funny it took 5 pages to bring "moderation" up. Pops told me at 12, "Boy, there's beer in fridge, feel free to have at it; just let me know each time you grab one." But, he sure as hell wouldn't have let me get drunk. Had I started going toward that point and argued about him cutting me off; being the wonderfully patient man he was, I'd have found myself laid out on the floor.

His point wasn't that I was going to do it anyway, but that he'd rather teach me moderation and to respect my own limits than wind up going ballistic. Side note: Growing up with jewish traditions, I got my first taste of wine before I reached double digits.

...was more or less my dad. I was allowed sips of wine and beer at 12, was allowed to have a full beer at 14, just one. Maybe that was wrong? I also grew up on 250 acres, so, it was truly a family thing and not me running around a neighborhood "I got to drink a beer!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chain729 said:
Funny it took 5 pages to bring "moderation" up. Pops told me at 12, "Boy, there's beer in fridge, feel free to have at it; just let me know each time you grab one."
Okay, but what if one of your friends' parents had taken it upon themselves to let you get a beer from the fridge without your Dad's permission?

Because that is what this story is about. Not whether to let your own kids drink in your house, but whether you should let someone ELSE'S kid drink without the parents' knowledge or permission.

And 12 years old, at that.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ponytail said:
Still searching for the original article and more facts of the case, but found this...

"According to Albemarle Commonwealth’s Attorney James L. Camblos, III, the facts of the case were “outrageous.” Elisa Robinson lied to other parents who called to check if there would be alcohol at the party, and told several teens to rinse their mouths with vinegar to disguise their beer breath.

The Robinsons were charged with 44 counts of contributing to the delinquency of minors. They refused a 90-day sentence offered in an agreement by Camblos, and pleaded guilty in Charlottesville General District Court. Perhaps influenced by the recent alcohol-related death of another county teen, the judge smacked the Robinsons with eight years active jail time. The couple appealed to Circuit Court, where Judge Paul M. Peatross gave them a slightly softer 27 months.
"

http://www.c-ville.com/Portlet/Print_Friendly.php?Print=Article&z_Article_ID=11041106073850983

They turned down the 90 day sentance and plead guilty in hopes for a reduced sentance? Yep, they are guilty of stupidity.

What I read yesterday said something totally different.. that they agreed to plea guilty in exchange for a 90 day sentence.. but the DA has no bearing over the judge and even though the DA made the judge aware of the deal, and recommended a 90 day sentence, when it came time for sentencing the Judge gave them 8 years.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
vraiblonde said:
Okay, but what if one of your friends' parents had taken it upon themselves to let you get a beer from the fridge without your Dad's permission?

Because that is what this story is about. Not whether to let your own kids drink in your house, but whether you should let someone ELSE'S kid drink without the parents' knowledge or permission.

I did get a little off-topic. I was just responding to the moderation concept...

To answer your question? Don't know, unfotunately can't ask, and it never came up. If I had to venture a guess, it would depend on who it was. If it was a close friend of the family, he probably wouldn't say much; otherwise, somebody would be dead. Had either- friend or not- lied, like these schmucks did, they'd definately be dead.

And, you already know from a previous post, that I agree with that.

Ponytail

More interesting info about their lives from the divorce papers...

"Husband and wife married on November 22, 1999, and they separated on September 5, 2002. No children were born of the marriage.2 During their relatively short marriage, neither party was employed in any capacity. Rather, the parties' only source of income was a trust fund husband inherited from his mother.3 Husband receives a net monthly income of approximately $50,000 from the trust, which has a corpus in excess of $59 million. Husband has no control over the generation of trust income, and he is unable to invade the trust principal.4

Shortly after the marriage, the parties established a joint checking account and a joint savings account. The parties arranged for husband's trust income to be electronically deposited directly into the joint checking account, and the majority of the parties' expenses, including their car loans and mortgage payments, were paid from that account. During the course of the marriage, husband deposited a total of $2,156,351.14 into the joint checking account, and wife deposited $3,703.80 into the checking account during that same time frame.5"

Taken from:

https://www.fastcase.com/Google/Sta...9d0c000c418fcad01edd13b94055bec54c6b11f161db8

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not sure about...

vraiblonde said:

...that.

It says 12 year olds were there but it also says many of the kids did not have alcohol in their system and Pony is hunting down whether or not the two 'adults' were drunk.

If they did, in fact, let 12 year olds drink and they were drunk themselves, I'm running out of any argument for leniency. Most of is was already gone as they did not even clear this with the other parents.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Ponytail said:
More interesting info about their lives from the divorce papers...

"Husband and wife married on November 22, 1999, and they separated on September 5, 2002. No children were born of the marriage.2 During their relatively short marriage, neither party was employed in any capacity. Rather, the parties' only source of income was a trust fund husband inherited from his mother.3 Husband receives a net monthly income of approximately $50,000 from the trust, which has a corpus in excess of $59 million. Husband has no control over the generation of trust income, and he is unable to invade the trust principal.4

Shortly after the marriage, the parties established a joint checking account and a joint savings account. The parties arranged for husband's trust income to be electronically deposited directly into the joint checking account, and the majority of the parties' expenses, including their car loans and mortgage payments, were paid from that account. During the course of the marriage, husband deposited a total of $2,156,351.14 into the joint checking account, and wife deposited $3,703.80 into the checking account during that same time frame.5"

Taken from:

https://www.fastcase.com/Google/Sta...9d0c000c418fcad01edd13b94055bec54c6b11f161db8

....screw these morons. They do belong in jail.

Holy crap. I've been picturing ma and pa blue color, scratching out a living, making a bad call one time and now facing destitution not a couple of shiftless lay abouts.

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
Same thing with sex. If you folks let you screw your boyfriend in your own bedroom, you're going to have a lot more sex than if you have to sneak around.
What makes you think that Bob's parents didn't let him screw his boyfriend in his own bedroom?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Larry Gude said:
....screw these morons. They do belong in jail.

Holy crap. I've been picturing ma and pa blue color, scratching out a living, making a bad call one time and now facing destitution not a couple of shiftless lay abouts.
:yeahthat:

I thought the same thing..

PsyOps

Pixelated
I was hoping to see more folks saying "It's about time our law is holding folks accountable for their actions. Now if we can just get our judges to impose harsher penalties for murderers, rapists, child molesters and folks committing much larger crimes , AND get rid of all the frivolous lawsuits that’s tying up the system.

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:
...was more or less my dad. I was allowed sips of wine and beer at 12, was allowed to have a full beer at 14, just one. Maybe that was wrong? I also grew up on 250 acres, so, it was truly a family thing and not me running around a neighborhood "I got to drink a beer!"

Larry, I'm just wondering. :huggy: Do you have sisters and were THEY given the same drinking liberties? Things in my day (although not as long as your's) were double standards. The guys could do it and parents turned a blind eye but the girl better NOT drink. What would have happened if a girl was at the party in the article, her inhibitions were greatly reduced due to the alcohol and her and her new boyfriend went into the woods and got it on while she was buzzed. Then she came home pregnant. NOW, wouldn't you be a little upset at the parents that hosted the party and then learned they supplied alcohol :shrug: