Paul Pelosi back in the news

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Paul Pelosi Had A Brush With Death. Here’s Why We’re Not Crying

Jamelle Bouie captured it all at the top of his column in Friday’s New York Times: “t has been shocking to watch Republican politicians and conservative media personalities respond to the brutal attack on Paul Pelosi … with lies, conspiracy mongering and gleeful disregard for the victim.”

Let’s talk about compassion for the victims of deadly encounters. For three years now, Democrats and the corrupt national media have blamed every single infection, hospitalization, and death of an airborne virus on people who were guilty of nothing more than minding their own business.

[clip]

When the president recovered from his severe illness, advising the public in an innocuous tweet to live without fear, CNN’s Jake Tapper lifted his droopy eyelids in disgust. “It’s OK to be afraid of Covid, and it’s OK that it’s dominating your life,” he whined. He also called Trump’s tweet “so disrespectful.”

After that — months and months of being blamed for the spread of an uncontrollable virus –right-wingers are expected to film themselves praying for the Pelosis? No thanks! (Though we will say a prayer, maybe two, in private.)

They can get lost. Bouie’s Times piece went on about how important “virtue” is in a healthy republic. True, but the responsibility of saying, “Well, let’s put politics aside for now” isn’t going to be for one side only. Other than 9/11, there was never a more important time in the past half-century to “put politics aside” than in March of 2020, when the nation was told that a mysterious and deadly pathogen was sweeping across the globe.

Instead of giving “the resistance” a rest, Democrats and the media thought to themselves, Now’s our chance! They blamed Republicans for getting people sick. They blamed Republicans for getting themselves sick. If a Republican got infected, it was his own fault for not getting vaccinated. If a Democrat fell ill, it was a Republican’s fault for not wearing a mask. Miraculously, Democrats were never held responsible for any disease spread, despite virtually every party leader being photographed without masks and gathering with others.

Reactions: BOP

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I saw one article that speculated Pelosi sent his security away, and wanted privacy, as with Clinton, the Watchers, talked.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

NBC News Suspends Reporter for Retracted Paul Pelosi Story

NBC Today show correspondent Miguel Almaguer has been suspended pending an internal investigation after NBC News had to retract his reporting that inflamed right-wing conspiracy theories about the brutal assault on Paul Pelosi, Confider has learned.

In an on-air report that went viral soon after it aired Almaguer suggested Nancy Pelosi’s husband was not in danger when cops arrived at their San Francisco home.

herb749

NBC News Suspends Reporter for Retracted Paul Pelosi Story

NBC Today show correspondent Miguel Almaguer has been suspended pending an internal investigation after NBC News had to retract his reporting that inflamed right-wing conspiracy theories about the brutal assault on Paul Pelosi, Confider has learned.

In an on-air report that went viral soon after it aired Almaguer suggested Nancy Pelosi’s husband was not in danger when cops arrived at their San Francisco home.

The 1st story line worked the way they wanted about mean republicans. Nothing more about Paul is needed.

BOP

Buck Sexton reacts to NBC reporter suspended over Paul Pelosi attack reportage​

herb749

Nance is stepping back from leading the House democrats. Guess she needs more time with Paul to get his story straight.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Nance is stepping back from leading the House democrats. Guess she needs more time with Paul to get his story straight.
It's being reported that Steny is stepping back too. I can't imagine him doing grunt committee work like the other minions.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 The Bay Area’s NBC affiliate ran a story last week headlined, “Body Cam Video Shows Paul Pelosi Opened Door for Police, Despite DOJ Saying Otherwise: Source.”

The story is an exercise in delicacy, not even directly comparing the two stories. It looks like the editor may have taken that part of the story out, because I found the comparison on the reporter’s twitter feed.

After it muscled into the otherwise local case, the United States Department of Justice contradicted earlier reports from officers on the scene, and began insisting that the two San Fransisco police officers opened the door — not Pelosi. That contradicted the earlier version from the District Attorney’s office, which had reported “Mr. Pelosi opened the door with his left hand.”

MR. PELOSI opened the door. Not the cops.

But now, according to a source who’s seen the body cam footage, the District Attorney’s version has been proven correct, and the DOJ’s version is false. The video reportedly shows police knocking on the door, backing away, and then Paul Pelosi clearly opening the door from the inside.

The two versions are significantly different.

Here’s the DOJ’s version

Here’s the San Fransisco DA’s version:

Various sources say the body cam footage has already been released to news agencies, but I haven’t found any of it yet.

You may recall that back on November 4th, NBC suspended reporter Miguel Almaguer after his report on the Pelosi attack was hastily scrubbed from the internet. Almaguer’s report was consistent with what the body cam video shows.

Whoops. I’m thinking Almaguer might have grounds for a lawsuit.

At bottom, though, is the fact of whether Pelosi opened the door significant? Well, it’s obviously significant enough for highly-paid, elite federal law enforcement types to lie about it. Pelosi opening the door is an odd fact that doesn’t really square with the cover story, I mean the official version, that Pelosi was scared of DePape. After all, if Pelosi opened the door, he could’ve just stepped outside, and let the cops handle things from there.

But why go back in?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Federal prosecutors request delay in Pelosi attack trial until February

Federal prosecutors this week "asked a judge to give them until February to evaluate a mountain of evidence in the case," the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Both the judge and DePape's public defender agreed to the request. The next hearing in the trial is scheduled for Feb. 8.

DePape is also facing attempted murder and and assault charges from the San Francisco District Attorney's office. That trial is scheduled for later this month.

The accused has pled not guilty to the federal charges.

SamSpade

After all, if Pelosi opened the door, he could’ve just stepped outside, and let the cops handle things from there.

But why go back in?
Pretty sure if I was his age, and the cops arrived, I'd get the hell out of there and let them handle it. Really. YOU get awakened in the middle of the night by an intruder trying to attack you? MAYBE I'd want to see the cops nail the sucker, but I'd watch from outside.

The next part of the narrative makes no damned sense - that somehow, afterward - he and the perp get into some kind of wrestling match/fight. That makes NO sense.

STILL, the basics of the story hold up well to evidence - a certifiable nutjob with a gripe against a lot of politicians broke into their home and threatened Paul, and evidently didn't harm him - yet - because he was looking for Nancy. The cops subdued him.